Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy birthday Mr Howard.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

shirt front 'em all. Daics for PM!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:43 am

Magpie_Devil wrote:
And how did all this terrorism start?

Why do you ask the question?
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:31 pm

Howard is a brainwashed slogan-parrotting moron - just like a lot of posters here apparently.
Triple C Virgo

triple c

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:16 pm

Joel wrote:

Just seeing if you can explain to me why Terrorists are coming here then. Do you agree with the war in Iraq and what Bush and co. are doing? Where are these weapons of mass destruction that Bush has been raving on about?

It seems to me that Little Johnny does not have a mind of his own and whatever Bush does, Howard has to do as well. Thanks to this, we have to live with the thought in the back of our minds that we could be victims of these terrorists.

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:50 pm

Magpie_Devil wrote:
Thanks to this, we have to live with the thought in the back of our minds that we could be victims of these terrorists.

It's amazing to think how much we take for granted in this great country of ours. Expecially when people start complaining about a few local terrorist cells.

We don't have to fear things like being killed, raped, tortured, crucified, and being forced into slavery. These are some of the human attrocities that occur on a daily basis in many coutries such as Sudan. Over the last 18 months one of the conflicts there has seen 50 000 people killed and 1.2 million displaced. Thats 1.2 million who are at a high risk of dying from disease and starvation.

I'm sure I don't need to explain all the attrocities committed under Saddam's rule. In the long term the people or Iraq and the rest of the world will be much safer as a result of this war.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:33 pm

Magpie_Devil wrote:
Joel wrote:

Just seeing if you can explain to me why Terrorists are coming here then. Do you agree with the war in Iraq and what Bush and co. are doing? Where are these weapons of mass destruction that Bush has been raving on about?

It seems to me that Little Johnny does not have a mind of his own and whatever Bush does, Howard has to do as well. Thanks to this, we have to live with the thought in the back of our minds that we could be victims of these terrorists.

The War on Iraq is a convenient excuse for terrorists to expand their influence into other countries. You are right, it may have put us at more risk. There WAS weapons of mass descruction, otherwise how do you explain the gas attacks on the Kurds (which killed thousands) in the late 80s? There WAS proof that weapons existed, because weapons inspectors found them at various stages. Why was Saddam's regime preventing UN inspectors from looking for weapons?

Meanwhile, we could have sat back and let 'Little' Saddam continue to kill his own people, by the hundreds of thousands, and continue to live under the cloud that these weapons were at his desposal.

I'm not saying that the war on Iraq commenced for the right reasons. The job should have been finished much earlier, at the end of the Guld War.

I don't like talking politics on here, because it only creates arguments.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:02 pm

Don't like terrorism?
Come live in the country!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:27 pm

Birdy wrote:
We don't have to fear things like being killed, raped, tortured, crucified, and being forced into slavery.

Yeh we do! Maybe not on the same scale as them but it does happen here.

Birdy wrote:
These are some of the human attrocities that occur on a daily basis in many coutries such as Sudan. Over the last 18 months one of the conflicts there has seen 50 000 people killed and 1.2 million displaced. Thats 1.2 million who are at a high risk of dying from disease and starvation.

Is that all? How bout the war in Congo? 3 MILLION people killed since '98 let alone the ones who have been 'displaced'

Birdy wrote:
I'm sure I don't need to explain all the attrocities committed under Saddam's rule. In the long term the people or Iraq and the rest of the world will be much safer as a result of this war.

Yeh but remember they said they were going there to look for the all famed but non existent WMDs, NOT to get Saddam.
How many times has the reason for the war changed? It's unbelievable that all the invaders have gotten away with it.

HA yeh the ones that are left will be much safer eh.

Whats the point of having a UN when America doesn't listen to it, oh unless it suits them. They think they can do whatever they goddam please, and at the moment they can, but one day the karma will come back around to bite them on the arse.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:33 am

CQ wrote:
Is that all? How bout the war in Congo? 3 MILLION people killed since '98 let alone the ones who have been 'displaced'

Yes thats a lot but 50 000 souls is still no small number. Also the vast majority of that 3 million died from disease and starvation because foreign aid workers were unable to reach them, so they were the displaced. A few hundred thousand were estimated to have died from actual fighting.

I mentioned Sudan because it is one of the worst humanitarian crisises today. Some of the violence there is just beyond any description. Have a read of this story, it's not particularly nice.

http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/6686f45896f15dbc852567ae00530132/b6bd81a3e2ac2b1449256ede00065256?OpenDocument

The situation is similar in many other African countries but this is all another topic.

CQ wrote:
Yeh but remember they said they were going there to look for the all famed but non existent WMDs, NOT to get Saddam.
How many times has the reason for the war changed? It's unbelievable that all the invaders have gotten away with it.

HA yeh the ones that are left will be much safer eh.

They went to war to remove Saddam because they thought he had WMD's and liberating the people of Iraq was part of the process. They are the huge positives from the war along with the establishment of an Arab democracy.
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:52 am

blowing up civilians isnt really a huge positive.

in regards to howard..i like him, i just wish he hadn't sided with bush in the war, just remained a neutral
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:25 pm

nuxta wrote:
... I pray God extends your tenure at the next election ...

Sorry to break the news to you, Nux ... but God doesn't decide elections.

The people do.

Or maybe you're suggesting that God decides how people vote. Is that what you're trying to say?

In that case, so much for democracy.
That would be Theocracy. Very similar, in principle to the beliefs of Muslim fundamentalists, actually. But the Muslim fundamentalists have simplified it. They take out the middleman.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:28 pm

JOHN WINSTON HOWARD

Prime Minister of Australia 1996-2004

PROOF ... that democracy is a bad thing.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:52 pm

BAH! Not when there is no great alternative.

Anyway, I dont really want to debate politics. It will just go in circles.
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:41 pm

youd prefer latham over howard? gimmie howard any day..i prefer the cartoons the newspapers draw of him Smile
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:24 am

Birdy wrote:
Yes thats a lot but 50 000 souls is still no small number. Also the vast majority of that 3 million died from disease and starvation because foreign aid workers were unable to reach them, so they were the displaced. A few hundred thousand were estimated to have died from actual fighting.

No 50,000 is no small number, if 500 people died from starvation here there would be a huge uproar.
But you talk about - "1.2 million displaced. Thats 1.2 million who are at a high risk of dying from disease and starvation."

You know how many have been 'displaced' because of the Congo war? FIFTY MILLION

Birdy wrote:
I mentioned Sudan because it is one of the worst humanitarian crisises today. Some of the violence there is just beyond any description. Have a read of this story, it's not particularly nice.

http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/6686f45896f15dbc852567ae00530132/b6bd81a3e2ac2b1449256ede00065256?OpenDocument

Yes not a nice story, but things like that have happened in the Congo war, and considering it is on a much larger scale, it would have happened a bit, look it up and you will see.

Birdy wrote:
The situation is similar in many other African countries but this is all another topic.

Yeh it is but you bought up Sudan first.

Birdy wrote:
They went to war to remove Saddam because they thought he had WMD's and liberating the people of Iraq was part of the process. They are the huge positives from the war along with the establishment of an Arab democracy.

They *thought*, sorry but just thinking he may have them isnt enough, America were ranting and raving about how they KNEW he had the WMD's etc, and now they've been shown up for the lying bullshit artists that they are.
Yes huge positives, along with America dominating another country, one with a lot of oil conveniently enough.

I can't believe how many people just believe the governments tripe, without questioning it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: