Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's last chance at a Brownlow...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 9:36 am
Post subject: Buckley's last chance at a Brownlow...Reply with quote

If Buckley wants to win a Brownlow before it's too late, he better get a hurry-on because this year's his last chance, I think.

Come 2002 (if it's not already happening to some degree this year) Josh Fraser will be taking a lot of the votes.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 9:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO CARES ABOUT THE BROWNLOW AS LONG AS WE PLAY FINALS FOOTBALL THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY GO A LONG WAY IN THE FINALS

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 10:01 am

I think Bucks has run out of time,to many players taking votes of him now.Josh Fraser will be Collingwoods next Brownlow medalist.
Where not a one man band anymore!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 10:48 am

Football has seen a many injustice over the years however bucks never winning a brownlow will be the greatest injustice of all.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL must never NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'NUMBER 42 FOREVER ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

biodave 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 11:33 am

i hope Buckley wins a brownlow. I'll cry if he doesnt.

bless their courageous hearts

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 11:43 am

With our younger boys making more of an impact this year it's gunna be hard for bucks to get a brownlow, but i can't see them taking some of his votes making the difference because now that we have been winning there are more chances for him to be noticed, where as when we were losing there were still other players from our team taking votes but not as often because we were overlooked so often, bucks will pick up his act and if he doesnt win a brownlow then i think i too will cry, god knows he deserves one!

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Jono-#26*`~-_
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:18 pm

As I told Magpie24 yesterday at the MCG Hotel, while there's every possibility that the New Wez Stone Cold Steve McKee will win our next Brownlow, Josh Fraser will undoubtedly become Collingwood's and the AFL's first Back-to-back-to-back-to-back Brownlow Medallist.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:26 pm

I think Bucks will get the Brownlow this year ... or maybe Hird.

Go Danny!
Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 5:44 pm

I reckon if you asked Bucks which he would prefer, he would gladly take a premiership before an individual award like the Brownlow any day.

I just hope he at least gets one of both, he certainly does deserve them!

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 6:40 pm

I've been thinking about Bucks a lot this year.
I hope we make the finals for *him*.
Loyalty is one of the greatest virtues and he deserves to taste success.
I bet he's enjoying what's happening right now and as the team gets better, Bucks will have some pressure taken off him.
You only need a few best on grounds to win a Brownlow, and you have to be in a consistently winning team. He has time yet!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 7:05 pm

Whether or not Buckley ever wins a Brown-Nose Medal is neither here nor there. He has already won football's highest individual honour, the Copeland Trophy, several times. The only thing he needs to cap off his career is a Premiership.

**floreat pica**

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 7:19 am

Sorry folks,

Can't agree there.

If ever Buckley has a better chance at winning the Brownlow it is during a season like this where we are playing into consistent form.

It has been proven time and time again that one brilliant player in a consistently losing side will never win the Brownlow.

If Buckley is getting competition for the Brownlow by teammates then that can only mean one thing...the team is performing and hence most or ALL the votes for the match are going to our side.

More spoils to us, rather than the one vote in a losing side and nothing if the defeat was heavy.

Buckley will be a hotter favourite now and in the immediate future when the 'Pies are nudging the top four.

Go Pies

In my blood...and off my head.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 7:36 am

yeah hes about $5.50 or something now.
he has said that he doesnt care about the brownlow, only finals, though it would be a good thing to get as well.
they are playing more like a team now than in previous seasons, where they would always try and give bucks the ball over everyone else, but now the whole team are reliable and we aren't that pathetic to have to play duds like frankie raso and brad smith.

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 3:46 pm

If ever a player deserves to win a Brownlow it is Bucks - but with the idiots in white that call themselves umpires who can't even get out of the players way - how could they possibly be relied on to give votes. Last year there were certain games where Buck's was best on ground and didn't get votes. Anyway , you don't need a medal to show everyone how good you are!

GO BUCKS. SIMPLY THE BEST

ROWDY FOREVER
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 3:55 pm

yeah those white maggots, bucks got 44 possys against brisbane last year and didnt even get 3 votes, i cant remember if he even got one, but in my opinion 44 possys is a dead cert for 3 votes. he was jibbed i tell you!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: