Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leaving Early?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 6:42 am
Post subject: Leaving Early?Reply with quote

I was amazed to see both Magpie and Saints supporters leaving @ the 20 min mark of the last quarter. I mean for God's sake, I know the traffic is crap on Punt Rd but to leave when the game was still in the balance was unbelievable.

Especially the Collingwood supporters. How could you not want to enjoy OUR victory after the bad times of the Shaw era? I was there for our floggings and our embarassements in 98, 99, and 2000 to an extent, so I'm not sure as hell gonna miss the enjoyment of the victories in our resurgence towards the top of the AFL ladder.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's just something I can't understand!

GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 7:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Slangman69. I was sitting in the Olympic stand 2nd tier. The family in front of me got up at the 20 minute mark and procceded to leave till i intervened and said where are you bloddy well going, you gotta listen to the club song its one of the best parts of the day.They still left halfway thru the song when my back was turned.
I don't know why these bandwagon supporters bother going,they get there and can't wait to get home.

WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 8:32 am

HOW THE HELL CAN ANYONE LEAVE BEFORE WE SING OUR THEME SONG?THATS ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF WINNING

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 10:52 am

Im going to ignore this post because this sort of thing really bugs me and im goin now BYE.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL must never NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'NUMBER 42 FOREVER ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 11:37 am

grrr, anyone that leaves early are missing the best part, especially now that the pies aren't doing their whole rotten fourth quarter bit we all know from last season. Even last season against carlton when we were down by 100 odd points towards the end of the fourth at that shitty optus oval we all (the official, then known as the unofficial) stayed til the end to stick it out, even if we did all feel like crap, it's just stupid leaving before the siren what's the point ESPECIALLY if it's a close game or if your' teams in front, the club song is the best part and sharing the celebrations with your mates.

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Jono-#26*`~-_
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 11:41 am

Even though I have a 2 hour drive home, after getting out of the carpark, I still stay to the end. Win or Lose you have to support the players and the coaching staff. To not do that is an absolute disgrace.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

PIE_CHICK_4EVER 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:01 pm

I agree with Miss Magpie, the song and the following celebrations are the bets part. You have to stay to show your support of the boys and coaching staff.
There are some people who have genuine reasons for leaving early but most of them just leave to "beat the crowds" if your going to do that then don't come. You go to the football to support your team TO THE END do we all agree on that?

BLACK AND WHITE FOR LIFE!!
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:05 pm

exactly, if you want to beat the crowds as you said what's the point of going to the football at all the crowds are a major part of the atmosphere.

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Jono-#26*`~-_
PIE_CHICK_4EVER 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:08 pm

Damn straight.

BLACK AND WHITE FOR LIFE!!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 6:54 pm

Leaving early would have to be the cardinal sin of footy barracking. Earlier this year, I'm not sure if it was the Hawthorn match or the Essendon match, there was a family sitting in the Cheer Squad area who left about 10 minutes from the end. They were sitting right in front of me. Maybe they were sick of hearing my voice bellowing in their ears or something.

There's no way I'd miss the joy of celebrating a win. But even if we were losing by plenty I still wouldn't consider leaving early because I wouldn't give the opposition the satisfaction of seeing me walk out.

I think if time is so short that you need to leave early to beat the traffic you'd be better off not going to the footy. Stay home and do some knitting ... or work in the garden ... or something.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: