Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OUR MERCHANDISE SHOP..good bad or WHAT.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 3:02 pm
Post subject: OUR MERCHANDISE SHOP..good bad or WHAT.Reply with quote

Now before you come along and blast the crap out of me what im about to say is not a reflection on the club as a whole.
And i have certainly had a bee in my bonnet 'so to speak'about this for a while now.

But how many of us are unhappy with our merchandise shop i mean my criticism is really this, you can walk in there in march and go back in august and it's all the same stuff.

Maybe everything has to be ALF approved before you can get it in the joint and i must say if that's the case it is a sad one.
How many of us have bought something down the street simply because it's black and white after a while we may indeed wonder why the heck we got it but i guess we did cause it was simply black and white,stuff like towels table cloths bathroom carpet things'you know the things you stand on when drying off'

It seems that our merchandise shop is just happy to carry all the jackets and tops and some bottles of wine and some photo's and badges and really there is nothing else there to get excited about.

A few months back i found a very good looking money box obviously AFL approved as it had the latest AFL logo all over it
it cost me $2.50 and it was in one of them $2 dollar plus shops,now my point is i did not need a money box but i got it cause it had the magpies plastered all over it in fact i was really pleased with that purchase it still sits proudly on the book shelf in the living room.

A shop in cranbourne was having a closing down sale and in doing so to attract the dollar while he was slowly going further into debt he got hold of football rugs decked out in clubs colors and he could not believe the response for 40 bucks you could get a really nice living room or bedroom rug and they were terrific.

How many of us have posters on the wall at home right now 'my hand is up' and im not ashamed to say that maybe i have one too many posters adoring my household walls but all we seem to get is the official team photo on poster size every year.

Could you imagine for example if someone could of got the images of 'our eddie'and the boys at moron park singing to the cheer squad how easy would it be to make it poster size and sell it for ten bucks.....or that fantastic neon leon mark against essedon im only suggesting these two as they have immediately come to mind.

CD'S and tapes the mind boggles at the sort of stuff this club could churn out with radio commentary and collingwood songs all mixed up together and videos as well.

Collingwood people want collingwood things we just cant get enough of it,i know the club will probably say yes but what if we do this stuff and it doesn't sell well normal business practise tells you to gently increase the cost of other merchandise items to cover the cost of dead merchandise items.

I saw a picture once of the liverpool and manchester united merchandise shops and that appeared to have everything it was truly amazing to see the number of things they had for the fans to buy.

It is a crying shame as far as im concerned that collingwood have not capitolised on this yet.

And in finishing aint it bloody fantastic being in a place where you are surrounded by collingwood things wow it's better than being a 2 year old in a lolly shop.

Come on collingwood lets get our merchandise shop exploding with many different things.

Now please people these things are just my opinions im not going to prosecute anyone... and i dont see any need to hang shit on anyone.But maybe the club needs to know how we feel on this one,so what do you's reckon ?

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'.......... NUMBER 42 FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 23 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 23 May 2001).]

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Your point is valid Joffa, and I am led to believe that when MM and a few others were over here during the off season, they visited a few football clubs (Leeds was one I think) and specificaly took an interest in marketing and merchandising arms of their operations among other things.
Haven't been in the club shop but if what they have online is anything to go by, its not a lot. Although its in a different league, I hear that you could deck your home out completely Man Utd if you wanted to (sign of insanity though). Wallpaper, crockery, linens, sofa covers, condos, etc etc. Hopefully the club can come up with a little more variety.
I know that the manufacturers need a reasonable size product run to maximise economies of scale etc, and perhaps our magpie demographic aint quite big enough for them to jump in. Still, in this day and age of computer designs etc, you'd figure someone would come up with a plan to do some of the things you suggest Joffa.
Lots of things like nicely presented photos of past great players, teams, great marks, great moments which people like to put round their bars etc could be done reasonably easily I'd figure. Problem might be who has copyright over these photos/news clippings etc. A nicely framed photo of, for example, a Billy Picken speccy etc (they flog this kind of stuff at the cricket via the dulcet tones of one Richie Benaud) would be cool, or a tastefully arrange towel around the otherwise naked Anthony Rocca might get a sale from Emma! You know the thing.

Again, i think Eddies made the point along the lines that Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'm sure that at some stage in the future, the Joffa marketing plan will be put into place. The days of flogging a few scarves and the end of season bottle of port are no longer good enough.

PS Eddie, if you read this, why don't you sell silk ties, polyester/blends are a total no no round my neck, and I promise I'll buy 6 if you get em in!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 6:26 pm

What I'm after is a little ole flag that is attached to the car window....... Did see them around on cars but don't know where to get hold of one....... I asked the merchandise shop and they don't know.........Oh how I wish they would get some in......

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 7:21 pm

What I want is some other clothing, other than the collingwood jumpers. Everything I’ve seen looks bad so if you want to support your team you can freeze to death or wave a flag. Time to get with the rest of the world australia.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 4:22 am

I haven't been to the Collingwood shop so I can't comment but during the split round in june on the weekend we dont play I'll be sure to go down and have a look. I myself am looking for a Nathan Buckley cardboard cut out coz I know one of my friends would love one.

Fradam Wrote This
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 10:29 am

By the way, why is there a SPLIT round?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Unwitten Law]-[RATM]- [Rammstein]-[One Dollar Short]-[Linkin Park]-
[(HED)P.E.]-[Frenzal]-[28Days]-[Millencolin]-[Limp]-[Pennywise]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 11:18 am

WELL I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE 1990 GRAND FINAL ON DVD BUT CAN I GET THE PORT ADELAIDE,BULLDOGS AND CARLTON GAMES ON DVD?

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 11:42 am

Joel:
I think the split round is because their is no state-of-origin but clubs still need a mid-year break.

the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 12:05 pm

Dear all, I will pass these posts onto the merchandise department. we do have problems with AFL licencing and the size of the shop. We are in a bit of a holding patten as we contemplate our future home base whether we make the move to Olympic park, redevelop McHale stadium etc.
As far as the 1990 DVD ring Australian Football Video. I'm speaking to them at the moment about releasing "The Road To Victory" on DVD don't know if the 1990 GF is on that format.
The President.
PS Joffa. I have some magpie wigs, do you want them. Better than the one you've got at the moment!

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 12:50 pm

Is 'the president' THE PRESIDENT??? lol

Go PIES 2001

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 1:20 pm

Yes!

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 1:29 pm

Ahh Eddie,
The Road to Victory.
Fantastic video, great commentry on it Eddie
Have watched it countless times.
And hopefully you will be hosting another "Road to Victory" in the coming years mate.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:04 pm

Ed im shattered that you dont like my 'gold winners wig'
and my 'gold winners wig' aint happy as well it's hanging on the chair right now feeling ever so lonely,it is a 'pure gold' wig only worn when the pies are home and ...LOL it's like a gold medal but i am prepared to compromise i will wear a black and white wig (hope your not trying to sell me one ed)and one last question but a very important one is the black and white wig a mullet...LOL ROFLMFAO.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'we must never forget our great number 42

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 24 May 2001).]

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:25 pm

Joffa I forbid you to sacrifice the gold wig.

By all means wear a black and white wig during a game, but once you know in your own heart that it's time, put on the gold wig.

In the short time that you've been wearing it that wig has become a nationally known emblem of a pie victory. Everybody knows it, not just the faithful. To change it now would destroy the symbolic link that you've created with the resurgence of the mighty pies.

The Pies have become the team not to be trifled with and the wig is a symbol of what happens to teams that forget that - and is also not to be trifled with.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:34 pm

MIKE

I agree i was just tryin to scab a free wig of ed i probably wont get it now after he finds out im a scab...LOL

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL must never NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'NUMBER 42 FOREVER ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: