Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

i hope we don't regret the close losses

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the closer 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 2:54 pm
Post subject: i hope we don't regret the close lossesReply with quote

at the end of the year i hope we don't miss the eight only by a game because already we have so many close losses to regret.

arrogantly we could be 8-0 as we were in winning positions in each of our matches. even when we played terribly against richmond we got within a point and could've won. and if we won that first one against hawthorn then maybe their confidence would've gone and they'd be 2-6 where they really belong!

i know whenever we've just missed the finals, like in 1986 and 1991 and 1993 and 1995, i've looked back at the games we just lost or could've won and wondered what went wrong.

this year we've got to start taking our opportunities while they're there! we've got to crush the filth like the kangaroos and saints and sydney and put away teams when we've got them under the hammer.

Woodsman 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 3:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we should potentially have a higher win loss ratio though we are playing CONSISTENT competitive football. This was my main wish for the team at the start of the season. If we continue to play the way we have for the rest of the season and just miss out I will not be disappointed (though I'd rather just sneak in).

I believe that to make the finals this year we will need to win around 5 if the next 7 games. I think that we would all agreed with our run the next seven weeks that this isn't too far fetched. I do believe though that for us to do this we will need to win solidly against both the Saints and the Swans.

We don't want to leave ourselves with to many wins to chase in the last seven games. Our draw in these games doesn't look as attractive.

Overall I believe that the Port win was at a perpect stage of the season. The boys should use the confidence from this game as a foundation for the next seven weeks, and for the rest of the season as well.

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 3:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Abosloutely! For once...can we make the finals without having to rely on other teams to win or lose for us to keep our spot! I would like to know for sure that we are there!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: