Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

i just wanna say thanks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 6:39 am
Post subject: i just wanna say thanksReply with quote

I will never ever forget the night 19th may at moron park.
I really cant remember feeling so emotional after a win (with the exception of 6th october 1990 of course)
But let me tell ya this one was so good this one meant so much
none of us there on sat night had a dry eye when that final siren went it was just unbelievable.
I know some of you will say settle down joffa it was just a win
well im tellin ya it was more than just a win.

And im not talkin premierships im talkin about a great football club climbing up from the canvas telling the football world no longer will be the butt of your cruel jokes....no longer will we tolerate being the laughing stock of the country....our collingwood football club stood up on saturday night and told this country we are on the way back and forever no more will you ever pencil us in at he start of the season as an easy game.

sure we are gonna lose some games but let me tell ya we are gonna win plenty as well, to do what collingwood did on saturday night at moron park against quaility opposition was an indication how much this club has improved.

Amd people i wanna say thanks to a very special collingwood person who has made this rebuilding process possible 'our eddie'
he got the best coach..the best coach is slowly assembling a side that will be very competitive for years to come and i can only see further improvement.

I refer to eddie as 'our eddie' cause this guy is one of us he is not one of them chardonnay drinking suit wearers who thinks he is better than the supporter.eddie is 'our eddie' and arnt we thucken rapt to have him...on sat night 'our eddie' assembled the side right in front of us at the end of the game and together we sang our anthem and boy did we sing it.

And without sounding like an emotional wreck i wanna say thanks to the players yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss we beat that port scum .

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 7:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully put Joffa.

The atmosphere in my little piece of the electronic outer was unbelievable. There were only about 10 of us in the scoreboard chat, but I could feel the atmosphere from the ground, particularly in the last quarter. That delicious mix of dread, hope and excitement that is the trademark of an impending great victory had me on my feet, screaming at the tv - I had to keep dragging myself back to the computer to keep the scoreboard going and keep in touch with the others.

There was a spectacular shot after the siren from across the ground of the players grouped in front of the wildly excited sea of black and white that was the cheer squad. It was a great moment and showed the mood of the win perfectly.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 7:16 am

Joffa im wiping away the tears from my eyes as i type this. That was "PURE GOLD" and very well put. That could almost become a speech on Saturday at the Cricketers......

Just one question why wear sunnies at a night game ???? That had me puzzled.........lol

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 7:27 am

I LOVE YOUR WORK JOFFA YOUR NOW A TV STAR NOW I COULD SEE YOU LEGENDS ALL THERE IN THE POCKET WITH THE PLAYERS IN A HUDDLE IN FRONT OF YOU WITH EDDIE AND THE PLAYERS IT WAS GREAT TO SEE.
LEGENDS IN FRONT OF LEGENDS!
IT MUST HAVE BEEN AN EXPERIANCE YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET. I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU ALL I WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO STICK IT UP THOSE SCUM FROM ADELAIDE AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO DO IT IN THEIR OWN BACK YARD.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! I LOVE IT

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:19 am

A couple of weeks ago, after we beat Carlton, I remember saying that it was the greatest moment I had ever experienced at a game of footy.

Well ... I've now gotta say that I've experienced something even better. To be part of that great moment on Saturday, when the players came over to acknowledge the Cheer Squad in front of 35,000 totally gutted Port barrackers and millions of TV viewers across the nation ... has exceeded even the win over Carlton for me.

It meant so much to me. In my old home town. To be sticking it up the club that I would have probably been barracking for now if I'd remained in S.A. Thank God I escaped that provincial backwater full of psychopaths and moved to a real city. And thank God I stayed loyal to the mighty Collingwood Football Club.

I can tell you this. I don't drink alcohol or take any mood altering drugs. But I was absolutely tripping after that match. I was as high as a kite ... on the sheer joy of it all.

Thank you, Collingwood F.C. All the players. All the officials. All my fellow supporters.

If I die today, I'll die happy.

**floreat pica**

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 9:59 am

Well I'd like to take a minute of everyone's time just to say THANK-YOU to "Joffa" for being such an amazing, diehard, one eyed, loyal, passionate and most of all a TRUE SUPPORTER!!! You make us feel proud Joffa with your encouraging, motivational, sometimes emotional post's and SPEECHES (like the one @ scum park) You are truly the NO:1 Fanatical Collingwood Supporter and I take my hat off to you.
You are the Envy Of All AFL Cheer Squad Leaders....

WE ALL LUV YOUR WORK JOFFA, KEEP IT UP, "LOUD & PROUD"!!!!!!!!!

ALWAYS PROUD AND PASSIONATE

ELVIRA..

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 21 May 2001).]
PieGirl_2 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 10:41 am

Well said Joffa, that game would have to be one of the best moments I have ever experianced out of all the years I have followed footy, and when the players came over and sang the song with us, well what can I say, that was just awesome!!!!

And another thing, you guys were doin a great job chanting in the streets when I seen yas on Saturday arvo, well I heard yas all before I seen yas but I knew who it was...lol

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!!!

~*~ Go Chippa ~*~

SwOOsh Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 5:47 pm

Awwww, must be time for a pie group hug. Nah but seriously, great win by the pies. I was restricted to watching it on a big screen telly but it was THUCKEN amazing. The raw emotion as we gave it to those bastard port supporters around us. Then all the way back home we played the song over and over on the CD Stacker till the thing was burnt out. Emotional stuff, can't wait for Saturday!! (PS: Awesome Banner CSquad)

eMmA 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 9:31 pm

It was a very good day for all of us. It was definatly something i wont forget for a long time. Celebrating after the game with everyone that was there was unreal and we owe it to the players they put on a brilliant game...I am very proud to be a Collingwood supporter,always have and always will!

piegirl#2 & missmagpie...How awesome were them hotties we saw?!?!

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 11:10 pm

Sounds like you guys had a greattttt night... for perhaps the only time in my life I wanted to be in Adelaide. Nuff said.

Mike, it was pretty tense on the board as well, I was stomping and praying etc round the room.

biodave 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:29 am

Inspirational post Joffa!!! I would have loved to be there on sat nite with you guys but I probably don't deserve it. It was great to see the Cheer Squad being rewarded for their dedication, loyalty and passion. Your hard work has not gone unnoticed- you guys are the best! Eddie must have inherently understood this when he got the boys to sing with the CS. It was fantastic, gut wrenching and you could sense the euphoria from my tv screen!!

And of course, the players themselves deserve a hug pat on the back. nuff said. Though Id like to reiterate that THANK YOU!!!

LOVE THE PIES and...

bless their courageous hearts

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 7:03 am

god i wish i was there. i was praying as well with about 5 minutes to go. i seriously thought i was gonna have a heart attack.

but don't forget everyone, we have to stop celebrating soon and get pumped for the big match this weekend. i don't just wanna beat the saints, i want to absolutely slaughter them. and when our guys run out on the ground on saturday, we've gotta give them the biggest cheer of all time.

it's only the beginning people. one win doesn't make a season. even if it was a superb win.

PieGirl_2 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 12:49 pm

Oh them guys were superb!! Shoulda seen the look on my face when we walked into the place we went to after the game The Stag or something it was called and I seen em there

~*~ Go Chippa ~*~

eMmA 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:37 pm

i could have imagined...see the look on our faces when we saw them at the footy!!! we were pactically drooling!!!

We'll carry this convo on in the chicks channel.

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

[This message has been edited by eMmA (edited 22 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by eMmA (edited 22 May 2001).]

sue 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 4:03 pm

What a great win on Saturday night over port, it was amazing the feeling after the siren especially when eddy and the players came down to sing the song. I live in adelaide and took my 9yo daughter and 16yo son to the game, my daughter has never been to a game where the pies have won, she was so excited especially after she had a photo with eddy and some of the team. She said this is the best night of my life . We can't wait to see them play against the crows.
GO PIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: