Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player Profiles

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's - The Webpage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:00 am
Post subject: Player ProfilesReply with quote

I have been starting player profiles for the website, if thats ok. Here is a sample of what they will look like:

Quote:

17: Scott Burns:
Debut: 1995
Weight:
Previous Club: Norwood
Drafted from Norwood in the SANFL competition, with pick number 90, Burns took two years to make his debut, before he stepped on to the field in Collingwood colours for the first time in round one 1995. He collected 13 possessions and 3 marks as the Pies lost by 33 points. Burns went on to play 19 games for the season playing mainly in the back pocket. In 1996, Burns continued his rapid improvement, playing the whole 22 games from the half back line. Season 1997 was a tough one for Burns, where injury and suspension quelled his influence. But his best performance was save for reigning premiers North Melbourne. On a cold and wet Friday night, Burns tore the Roos apart, helping see his side to victory. 1998 was a major dissapointment for Burns, who broke his arm in the round one clash with Hawthorn and never full recovered. He returned late in the season, but was still a fair way off his best. 1999 was a tough year for both Burns and the Pies. Alhough he tried as hard as ever, Burns was part of a Collingwood side that finished wooden spooners for only the second time in the clubs history. Burns also missed four games late in the season with a hamstring injury. Under new coach Mick Malthouse, Burns played all but two games but was ahmpered by an ankle injury, which sidelined him for two weeks and quelled him from having his usural impact. 2001 was a write off year for Burns, where he only played 8 games due to chronic hamstring injuries. When he finally returned in round 17 after a10 week lay off, the impact was much welcomed as he boosted the midfield stocks as soon as he entered the fray. 2002 was one of the best years of Burns’ career as he dominated the packs and helped propel the side to a Grand Final birth. As courageous and tough as ever, Burns was brilliant all afternoon but could bot stop the rampant Brisbane Lions from winning back-to-back flags. Burns finished second in the Copeland Trophy behind Paul Licuria. 2002 was good, but 2003 an even better year for Burns, as continued his good form from 2002 as he finished 3rd in the Copeland Trophy. Burns served the Pies well all season and was close to his first All Australian birth but missed out at the finish. Burns was an abmirable performer in the Grand Final, but didn’t extract his normal presence on the team. Burns’ hamstring trouble returned in 2004, when he suffered the injury against Port Adelaide in round 6. Burns missed three weeks but was welcomed back against the Kangaroos. Burns’ best performance came in round 11 against West Coast, when he personally destroyed the Eagles line up.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mate. I've also done a couple myself.

They are similar to the ones that you have done.

So far I have done:

Taz, Bucks, Burns (although we can use yours), and one or two others.

But feel free to keep going, we can just check together what we have.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:10 pm

I've done every player up to Rhyce Shaw (in number order).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:18 pm

Good work mate. Doesn't look like I will have much work to do.

Once you are done, send them over to me, cos I want to have a look, just in case I need to add something.

It's probably best to email me the profiles, click on the link button next to PM under my post.

I will send them on to magpiemad, who takes care of that stuff, and he will put them on the website for you.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:51 pm

I'll let you know when I'm done. I'm up to Josh Fraser at this stage so about halfway there. Smile
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:20 pm

You said you have done Bucks' profile, can we use that one? I'll send the rest over soon.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:53 pm

Yeah, I've done Bucks' profile. Send 'em over when you are ready. Thanks!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:24 pm

THis should be up shortly. Keep an eye open on the site. Once full editing has finished, we'll post a link, anyway.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:42 pm

J26, just a reminder to email them to me again.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:57 pm

I've started to convert the old player profiles over to the new pages, have completed season '97 and about half of '98, only about 200 pages to go Smile

also I think I'll start the player stats up again next season, it's a fair bit of work each week but I think it's worth it to keep some continuity of results/statistics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's - The Webpage All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: