Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GETTING TIED OF ESSENDON BEEN LOOK UPON AS THE BENCHMARK OF

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:32 pm
Post subject: GETTING TIED OF ESSENDON BEEN LOOK UPON AS THE BENCHMARK OFReply with quote

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I AM STARTING TO REALLY GET TIRED OF ESSENDON LOOK UPON BY THE MEDIA AS THE BENCHMARK OF THE LEAGUE. I MUST PAY RESPECT TO THEM THOUGH THEY HAVE ALLREADY GONE THROUGH WHAT WE AT COLLINGWOOD ARE GOING THROUGH NOW BUT THE ANOYING THING IS THAT THEY ESSENDON ARE ALLREADY AT THE TOP.
I AM ALSO GETTING A LITTLE ANOYED OF THE ARROGANCE OF THEIR SUPPORTERS TO THEY JUST THINK THAT THEY CAN BRUSH ALL THE CLUBS ASIDE WHERE WE GOT WITHIN A GOAL OF THEM IN THE ANZAC DAY CLASH WHILE LEADING FOR MOST OF THE DAY.
HOW FAR IS COLLINGWOOD BEHIND ESSENDON? AS IN PROGRESS AT THE SAME STAGE OF ESSENDON REBULDING PROCESS.
ALL I HEAR IN MEDIA NOW IS HOW WELL ESSENDON IS DOMINATING THE LEAGUE NOT OF THE UP AND COMING TEAMS LIKE OURS

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT NOTHING BEAT THE TRILL OF CASULLY WALKING DOWN LYGON ST CARLTON carlsum WEARING MY COLLINGWOOD TRACKSUIT THE DAY AFTER BE BEAT THEM I DIDN'T SAY ANY THING BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS SENCE A CARLTON SUPPORTER IN LYGON ST WHEN THEY SEE YOU IN THE TRACKSUIT THEY RUN OFF AND HIDE.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 2:15 pm

YEAH BUT HOW LONG IS IT UNTIL COLLINGWOOD ARE AS GOOD AS ESSENDON?

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 2:21 pm

MAY BE I SHOULD ENJOY THE PROCESS TO BEEN AS GOOD AS ESSENDON
COLLINGWOOD ARE DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS AND IT IS TIME TO ENJOY THE RIDE

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 2:44 pm

ESSENDONDONE THE HARD WORK THEY ARE NOW REAPING THE REAWARDS WELL DONE TO THEM AND I HAVE GREAT RESPECT TO THEM OF WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.
COLLINGWOOD NOW ARE WORKING HARD LIKE WHAT ESSENDON WERE DOING 3/4 YEARS AGO

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 2:53 pm

piespremiers2001 I didn't say the Essendon were overrating themselves all I was saying that the media overrate them not the club itself
Essendon football club and the media are 2 separate things
I wasn't blaming Essendon themselves as been the benchmark but the media who prop them up all the time that is all
I am now enjoying the process at Collingwood

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 10:48 pm

If a team only loses one game in a season isnt a benchmark, what is? If their supporters aren't arrogant after a season like that, they would have to be absolute moromic cretins. We've had a couple of wins and a few narrow losses, and plenty of folks here are walking round with PHDC's. (Explanation thru private mail only) If we'd had a season like that (it'd be nice), we would be insufferably worse! (Or I would be, at least).

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 10:20 am

FFS!! Guys, Essendon is the benchmark but the doesn't mean that makes them the benchmark for all time. Secondly, the reality is that it is likely that no other team will do what Essendon did for a while (unless Hawthorn pull it off this year), so therefore the benchmark they sent is unreal...and should not be epected to be met. Lastly, if another team wins the GF this year...will they still be the benchmark?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Unwitten Law]-[RATM]- [Rammstein]-[One Dollar Short]-[Linkin Park]-
[(HED)P.E.]-[Frenzal]-[28Days]-[Millencolin]-[Limp]-[Pennywise]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:34 pm

Does breaking the salary cap constitute the hard work of 3/4 years ago? As MM said at the AGM, there is no satisfaction in winning a premiership whilst knowingly cheating....ala Carlton and Essendon.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:40 pm

exactly essendon and carlton know this that is why there has been so much jousting and petty rivalary between these 2 clubs because after carlton cheated to win the 1995 flag they through essendon couldnt cheat to win theirs butEssendon did last year and both of them are now cheats.
I love this rivalary between carlton and essendon because it makes COLLINGWOOD look so impressive and appealing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: