Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rex *unt

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 1:22 pm
Post subject: Rex *untReply with quote

Today on the ch7 foty show Rexy said that ken Judge should take credit for Hawthorns position on the ladder. This is fair as a lot of the guys playing well were recruited under Judge (Chick, Dixon, Hay etc.).
Rex then made a complete idiot of himself by applying the same logic to Collingwood and T. Shaw! How many of our recruits came during Shaws reign? Not many. The only result of Shaws time was our ability to gain first pick and Josh Fraser.
Anyone agree/disagree with Rex?

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex, Rex, Rex..........

Following are Tony Shaws SUPER STAR RECRUITES :

Frankie Razo - REJECTED
Jason Wild - REJECTED REJECTED REJECTED REJECTED
Luke Godden - REJECTED
Chad Liddele - REJECTED
Oborne - REJECTED
Jackotine -REJECTED
And the list goes on...............

Mick Malthouse's Recruites:

JOSH FRASER - ACCEPTED
RYAN LONIE - ACCEPTED
JARROD MOLLOY - ACCEPTED
JAMES CLEMENT - ACCEPTED
BRODIE HOLLAND - ACCEPTED
ALLAN DIDAK - ACCEPTED
CHAD RINTOUL - ACCEPTED
SHANE WAKELIN - ACCEPTED
CARL STEINFORD - ACCEPTED
BEN JOHNSON - ACCEPTED
LEON DAVIS - ACCEPTED
SHANE O'BREE - ACCEPTED

What more can I say.

ELVIRA..

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 4:26 pm

elvira, u are more than just a beautiful face, and rex, just stick to kissing fish ok

timagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 4:32 pm

COLLINGWOOD HAVE JUST ABOUT OR ALLREADY HAS THE PERFECT MIX OF YOUTH AND EXPERIANCE AND I AM STARTING TO LOVE IT.
REX *UNT HAS *HIT IN HIS BRIANS IF HE THINKS SHAWRY PRODUCED MAGIC MAGPIE MALTHOUSES LIST.
REX *UNT IS A *UNT AND HAS NO IDEA JUST STICK TO THE FISHING WILL YOU. WATCH OUT YOU MIGHT SNAR A GERMIT *ICKHEAD BERITON

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

the prez 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 5:05 pm

To be fair to Unshaw,he did blood Roop,Taz,Tarks,Licka & N.Davis.But most of these came about cos the club was stuffed and he had to.I'd give him 5% credit but MM and his staff deserve the plaudits.They're no longer playing the "kick it long to the Roccas" strategy that worked so brilliantly for him and only about 25% of Unshaw's troops are still on the list.
Incidently,of the senior list players who can't get a game and are stuck with Willi,I think just about all of them are Unshaw's recruits-Lane,Tuckey,Scotland,Wasley,Kinnear.Expect MM is trying to get rid of as many of Unshaw's recruits as he can as he feels they're responsible for the club's predicament during his reign.

GO WOODS

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 6:41 pm

I hate to throw a spanner in the works here, but who was coach when Tarkyn Lockyer and Nick Davis were recruited? And Chris Tarrant? And Rupert Betheras?

The Shaw years weren't a complete dead loss. Maybe, in terms of results, they were. But some important groundwork was laid.

**floreat pica**

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 7:19 pm

yeh i agree with the last two to an extent. shaw could so easily have tried to save face for himself by going with more experienced players during his final year and maybe gaining an extra win or two, however he showed great faith by continually playing young kids... granted many of them may not have gone on, but some of these did and those that have as mentioned in the above posts are undoubtably collingwood guns, and all of these will play an enormous part of in the overall collingwood plan over the coming years.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 10:15 pm

Gotta go with Alf, prez and Rowdy here. Whilst we are looking good, there's a lot of football to be played yet. Shaws term wasn't a total disaster, although I wouldnt argue that it would be the closest thing to it. and someone has made the point that we didnt get Damien Drum either!

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:50 am

Yes Tarrant was recruited when Tony Shaw was coach but he also
left the club under Tony Shaw.....& if it wasnt for MM & Eddie to persway Tarrant to come back to the club WE COULD HAVE LOST HIM FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tarrant once said that he lost interest in playing footy. This was said while coached under Shaw!!
JUST LOOK AT HIM NOW!!! Happier than ever before, Fitter and Stronger, Hungry for goals, Hungry for VICTORY and STRIVING TO BE THE BEST THERE IS!!!!!!(WHILE BEING COACHED UNDER MM)
How much of a different player is Tarrant now???? Yes, he's matured etc....but all it comes down to is the COACHING!
Look at Presti, he's a totally different player now and Richo has just been sensational under MM. There's no dought that this club has gone to a new level with the experience and professionalism of MICK MALTHOUSE.

OH MICKY YOUR SO FINE
YOUR SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND
HEY MICKY, HEY MICKY

Sorry guys but I just cant agree with you by saying that Tony Shaw's years @ CFC wern't a disaster. My personal view & opinion is that Shaw took the club to the Lowest level ever in the Collingwood HISTORY finishing 16th on the ladder.....
He might have been a great player but not a sucessful coach!!
Remember we are all entitled to an opinion...

ALWAYS PROUD AND PASSIONATE

ELVIRA...

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 21 May 2001).]
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 11:01 am

If that media arse kissing freak tony Shaw ever stands up and takes an ounce of Credit for any stage of development God Help him. It frustrates me to think he ever would.
Tarks/Rupe, Michael(trade bait lol) N Davis and the like fell into our little kitty and he or his pathetic recruiting personnel had any forsight to go out and recruit effectively themselves. All were drafted or added on from our rookie list with the exception of Nick Davis who came to us under the Father son rule. His original intention was to go to the swans but thank heavens
he chose us....

Louis

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:37 pm

If you want to read the best open letter to Tony Shaw, I recomend visiting Fromtheouter.com. Couldn't have written that letter better myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: