Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocca!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 7:09 am
Post subject: Rocca!!!Reply with quote

Good to see that Pebbles was able to put the dissapointment of last week behind him and make a solid contribution to the teams win.
Both of Leons' last Qtr goals came about through his good work. The handball in the goalsquare we all saw, but what about the other one? Anthony flew over the pack and directed a punch 20 metres to a magpie (sorry, didn't catch who it was) straight on to his chest. The kick was then "centimetre perfect" for Neon to do his thing.
Also Ants ruck work and around the ground work was impressive. In fact the ruck contest in which Primus went down was clearly won by the number 23.
I'm hopeful that the remaining year will see him continue to grow in confidence and consistancy.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he was impressive. Just kicking the Sh!it out of the ball to get it forward made a lot of difference. Bucks did the same. They said Bucks didn't do much. (even though the dickhead at 7 gave him 3 votes at the end) But he played very well i thought.

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:03 pm

I thought that ant was great on Sat night, none of this 30 possession stuff, but solid marking and kicking when it counted, along with great assists (1 percenters)
Most impressive play however was near the end in the ball up where Primus got injured. Ant contested the ruck contest and as Bucks drove the ball to Tarrant, Ant ran 80 metres to take a great mark and then have the presence to handball to Neon for a goal. Certainly an unsung hero in Adelaide

eMmA 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:28 pm

ant played a great game. It was good to see him play a good game of football on saturday night especially after all the crap he has copped this year. He deserves all the credit he is getting!

GOOD ON YA ANTHONY!

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

Woodsman 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:32 pm

i agree about the posts about Buckley and Rocca. We do not need Ant to kick four goals a week (though we wouldn't be complaining), just have a presence on the football field. I think that he did that to great effect on Saturday night and this was one of the major reasons the momentum swung early in the game.

The same goes for Buckley. I believe that Buckleys 2001 is of far greater benefit to the team then in previous years. He showed that with the type of football he demonstrated on Saturday night that he can be BOG with fewer possessions.

I also believe that the question marks on his captaincy over the summer have made him work even harder than ever. He should be congratulated on his captaincy to date this season.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:39 pm

What we need is for Ant to do what McKee cant do and that is play ruck.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 1:43 pm

Pebbles played confidently and took some telling marks. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: