Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BE LOUDER!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 4:37 am
Post subject: BE LOUDER!!!!!Reply with quote

When I watch the Collingwood games on tv, which unfortunately is not that often (channel 7 have shafted the AFL coverage up here in sydney because they have lost the rights to 9, 10 and fox) there never is a loud "COLLINGWOOD, COLLINGWOOD". When i go to Swans games up here, the noise in the stands equates to what you see on the TV and it is LOUD. You always hear "Sydney, Sydney". Now I know that because Sydney only has one team that there are not many opposition fans in relation to swans fans, but still they are a united and loud voice. I would love for fans of collingwood in melbourne games to cheer COLLINGWOOD as one, because i have experienced the results of a big sydney chant getting the side over the line many a time. Just BE LOUDER -it bloody works! Even when we are behind, just yell because it could influence a game being the difference between a 2 point loss or a 3 point win!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 9:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Millane42,

It sure ain't the Cheer Squad's fault. We are bloody loud these days. It's all those other stunned mullets that just sit there and watch. The spectators.

I've experienced the Sydney crowds a couple of times and they're pretty full-on. But I've never been there when we've beaten them so I don't know what they're like on a losing day. I suspect they'd be pretty quiet, but I could be wrong.

Believe me, if the whole Collingwood crowd was as switched-on as the Cheer Squad the atmosphere would be amazing.

Melbourne footy crowds have become as boring as bat-shit in recent years. They're too busy eating finger food in the corporate boxes and sipping chardonnay. Or discussing positional moves and tactics with the other would-be coaches (usually people who barrack for the opposition) who they sit with.

It's more like a friggin' picnic than a game of football.

Happy families, y'know. Mum's got her Carlton scarf on. Dad's got his Collingwood scarf. Two of the kids barrack for Collingwood. Two others barrack for Carlton. and the fifth kid barracks for Essendon and wears his Essendon gear to the Carlton-Collingwood match.

And people say, "Isn't it wonderful how you can go to the footy and have opposition supporters sitting side-by-side."

It's all so warm and fuzzy it makes me want to vomit.

**floreat pica**

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 1:46 pm

Sydney fans are very quiet when they are losing. (I live in Sydney too -- I am sure the stork delivered me to the wrong address!) for example last round with the Swannies v Briso, you could see the Syd fans wanted to get behind the team and all it would have taken is a goal (or maybe just a chest mark or kicking the ball to a target - with the way they were playing which was pretty average to say the least.) for the fans to pick up and start cheering like crazy. As the team wasn't performing it was pretty darn quiet. Any attempt at trying to get the crowd cheering with either Sydney clap clap clap or the long drawn out SSSyyyyydddddnnnnneeeeyyyy was very quickly quashed by a crowd that was too easily discouraged.

On top of the fact that not only do Sydney supporters leave if their team are losing, they also leave if their team are winning. The first Sydney game I went to at the SCG I couldn't believe my eyes when half way through the last quarter it seemed that Sydney couldn't be beat and a heap of people were saying "well, they will win it anyway let's go home now." There were a heap of people packing up and leaving... at first I just thought it may be the few families around where I was sitting but when I saw people leaving the grounds generally I was stumped. Now that one I can't figure out at all????? Must be a Sydney thing???? Why would you leave the footy early anyways? Let alone when your team is winning.

Now bring a mad Collingwood Supporter leaving the ground, I just can't comprehend that. If you are not there to sing your teams praises what on earth did you go to the footy for?

Go Pies,

Carol

Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:51 am

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THEN ALF ANDREWS AND THE CHEER SQUAD!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:56 am

In regards to the "Sydney thing", it is a "stick around and watch to the end" or "let's go now and beat the traffic". Unfortunately the let's beat the traffic is paramount to many bandwagon swans supporters who want to get out of the wretched SCG carpark and moore park area as quick as possible. i can't understand it either. the only time i left early was when st kilda were 100 points up over the swans - i left at 3 quarter time....and i HATE st kilda.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: