Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Letter to All C*cky Eagles Supporters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Western Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
collingwoodpies25 Leo

blanch's brother

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:23 pm
Post subject: A Letter to All C*cky Eagles SupportersReply with quote

Here is a letter I wrote to all of those Eagles supporters who gave me rubbish all this week - you might like to send it on to the ones you know because they are mostly all the same!

To all Eagles Supporters,

For those of you who aren't arrogant about your team - take this with
a grain of salt, for the other 95% of you, read on and learn why I have written this to you and not Docker supporters (although Chris Connelly should quit telling West Aussies who to barrack for).

Your team and your club are rubbish! You have great wins in Febraury
and when you do you think you are a powerhouse of the AFL! Your best player is Victorian but you think that the AFL is some sort of state of origin flashback - you know WA vs the Vics or the South Aussies. Hey some of
Collingwood's best players are from WA and SA - this is not a state vs state competition. I especially love how you all have got onto the Brisbane bandwagon and barracked for them in the last 3 grandfinals like they are
your own side because they have the same lack of history and soul as your own club.
You think there is something wrong with those of us Western
Australians who have always barracked for teams other than the Eagles - which by why the way is a fairly large percentage of people living in WA anyway. My family were pioneers of this state and my roots probably exceed or equal the roots of anyones family in WA but that has nothing to do with which team I barrack for in the AFL. How could anyone from Bassendean or anyone from outside of Subiaco, City Beach, Dalkeith or the leafier suburbs feel apart of a club that was an extension of WAFL clubs like Claremont or East Perth? Peter Daicos and Darren Millane certainly postered my walls as a kid along with the Narkles, Brad Shines, Ron Bouchers, John Fogertys etc. from Swan Districts. For those Eagles supporters who jumped ship from their VFL club to support the Eagles at inception - is it ok to assume that this 'jumping ship' mentality reoccurs as soon as your team does poorly and membership decreases? Is this why you suddenly have a '2nd team' as soon as finals time comes about? Is this why you are doomed to finish between 5th and 10th every year because as soon as you do poorly you want the coach sacked (like in
Adelaide) and can't go to the bottom to get better players to take you
higher up the ladder? Look at the pies we were 16th when we broke our
membership record this year!
Your premiership in 1992 was a result of a moritorium on all WA
players for 3 years (a concession not given to the Dockers!) which resulted in you having an all-class team. 1994 was a result of playing 2 home finals - one against Collingwood and the other against Melbourne all thanks to the Carlscum finishing on top of the ladder and bowing straight out of the finals. The only other team you had to beat in the finals that year were Geelongtimeneveroneagrandfinal.
You treat legends of your club like Glen Jakovich like rubbish. You
gave Benny Cousins the captaincy over a club legend. Jakovich might not be the brightest spark but at least had some old-style class. You also think that beating teams at Subiaco is some sort of indication of how good you are. As much as you throw games when playing away - most teams apart from the two from Adelaide throw their away games at Subiaco also.
All AFL clubs need to be thanked for the work they do in the community
with the sick and disadvantaged and by all means the Eagles do their fair
share of that sort of stuff - so this letter is aimed at the typical c*cky
supporter that you meet when venturing to Subi not those whose club gives them hope. You know who you are! Quick on the put downs, quick on the 'traitor' tag for those who don't support the Eagles, quick on the 'your at the wrong game' for those wearing non-Eagles attire.
The 'goldfish bowl' syndrome we have here allows you to always
criticise the bias of Eddie McGuire when commentating but fail to see the amateur, backyard bias of Tim Gossage, Lachlan Reid and Peter (who?) Wilson.Channel 10 should be shot for allowing them to commentate!
Thanks by the way for Mick Malthouse - the guys a genius! Although I
think you can take back Guy McKenna!
Lets get to this weeks game:
Matera - rubbish - cost you the game - can't play away from home at
all - needs to be delisted.
Cousins - cleaned up by Licuria - could be injured?
Judd - won't sign a long term contract - wants to go home - cleaned up
by one of our fringe players - Rhyce Shaw! That will bring the
price down when you sell him.
Kerr - nifty but immature!
McDougall - did some good things but is soft and will be a dud!
Carroll, Seaby, Lynch, Gaspar (some of who didn't play) but these guys
are all the same bloke - big and unskilled
Your only hope is Hansen, Embley, Johnson (all Basso boys!), Cox,
maybe Staker and Gardner if he can ever get off the drugs!

In closing I would just like to say that when the pies play at Subi
you'll probably beat us and you might beat us in Melbourne a few times.
In fact you might beat us and win a grandfinal every year for the next ten
years but here's a newsflash. You are NOT COLLINGWOOD and you never will be. We ARE better than you and we ALWAYS will be no matter the result of games. For a 17 years I have copped rubbish when we have lost to the Eagles and have never gloated when we actually have won - but enough is enough - thus the timing of this letter after we have beaten you - but it could have been written at any time.

We are the MIGHTY PIES and it doesn't matter where you live in the country, that is fact.

wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

great job! couldnt of said it better myself. I hate the eagles not because of their success but because of there supporters, Cocky, uneducated (in football) bandwagoning, white wine sippers. excellent mate!!
collingwoodpies25 Leo

blanch's brother

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:27 pm

Thanks wa magpie - I felt a bit bad about writing it because I have been silent for so long and its usually my style to give those b*stards the silent treatment - so thanks for the endorsement

In WA we have two teams every week - the pies and who ever plays the Eagles

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:53 pm

About time we started to give these w@nkers some arrogance back. Time to rub it in big time!!!

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Western Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: