Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Belief

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Birdy, my rule is a very good one, but I didn't need the Bible to teach it to me. My Granny taught me it, and she wasn't a religous Woman, just a decent Human being who shared her own Wisdom with her Granchildren.
She also taught me to not be prejudiced towards anyone.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:06 pm

Birdy wrote:
London Dave, what rigorous investigation are you referring to? Do you mean your cut and paste job that didn't prove anything?

Prove me wrong!

A total waste of breath on you fools!

Ciao baby!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:42 pm

London Dave wrote:
Birdy wrote:
London Dave, what rigorous investigation are you referring to? Do you mean your cut and paste job that didn't prove anything?

Prove me wrong!

A total waste of breath on you fools!

Ciao baby!

Only because you cant Dave and the best part is you know it.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:50 pm

DaicsTonguePoke wrote:
Yes Birdy, my rule is a very good one, but I didn't need the Bible to teach it to me. My Granny taught me it, and she wasn't a religous Woman, just a decent Human being who shared her own Wisdom with her Granchildren.
She also taught me to not be prejudiced towards anyone.

So the bible puts forth this principle in the old testament from about 3500 thousand years ago but you say you granny thought of it......................Whats the chance she had it taught to her ny someone who had it taught to them and so on. And how do you know it wasnt learned from the bible? .............by the way no disrespect to your Gran

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:45 pm

nuxta wrote:

Only because you cant Dave and the best part is you know it.

Prove me wrong!!!!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:37 am

its common sense nuxta, you dont need to read it from ur shitty book to think of it.

i cant believe people actually believe in it, what a mob of sheep you all are.

ha when i was in highschool a teacher once asked us who believed in god, everyone did EXCEPT ME, hahaha glad i dont go with the flock! flock the flock lol
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:54 am

Nuxta, no doubt there are some passages in the Bible that are useful, but to live your life by the whole thing is silly as society has progressed, pretty much like learning to operate a DVD player with instructions from a 1970's VCR.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:15 pm

bokka wrote:
Hey Eddies Balance, can you describe the UFO you saw?
What it looked like, how close it got, what it did etc

4 of us standing on a street corner in noble park say 15yrs ago, someone said , hey look a UFO, we all looked up to see a dark grey shiny 'cigar like' object travelling through the late afternoon sky, then tilted slightly to then look oval shaped (it was as high up as your common plane) mind u there was a hint of sound, like swirling wind but it was not a windy day, it then moved across the sky to where we thought was hovering over endeavourhills(if u know the area) it hovered for at least 1/2hr and a light shot down from underneath, then it took of across the sky to where bangholme bushland is, in a matter of seconds, we then watched it move side by side (covering klm's each way) in a blink of the eye, at this time it would have been at least 5klm's away from us, after it did this for sometime it shot of into the dark sky(like in the movies) i have never seen anything move so quick.

If aliens invaded or landed on earth all religions would totally freak out, lucky there is a 'universal law' and those who follow the bible to get through life, should grow some confidence and get and do something crazy (legal) but crazy. i can never understand why bible lovers/and non bible lovers dont believe in other life forms from other planets.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:07 pm

Tess wrote:
Nuxta I was never one to try and remember the 10 commandments I always felt I should know in my heart what is right and wrong, but isn't there one that mentions the tone of that line being a sin? Boastful of spirit ... ect ect!

Tess, remember back when you said you were a born again christian? What did you base that statement on? You say you never was one to try and remember the commandments but God says to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 and in another place, Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. Deuteronomy 11:18.

And as for feeling in your heart, Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

As for being boastful, I was only stating a fact Tess. London Dave made a huge list that was answered and rather than aknowledge that we have a ligitmate argument he turned it in to semantics. No one was boasting only stating the fact that Dave knows he cant do it but wont admit it.

Tess wrote:
I do remember Jesus words in relation a certain woman who was about to be stoned to death. Do you?

Yes I do Tess and do you remember He told her to go away and sin no more.

Tess wrote:
I also remember a teaching about being arguementative and boastful, also that one should never feel "thou" is better than "thy" neighbour.

We are told from scripture to prove all things, hold to that which is good, fight the good fight and run a good race as well as always be ready to give account to every man, so how does that line up with your dont argue recolection......it dosnt and please point out to me where I am being boastful Tess because I just cant see where you see that but please feel free to show me as if it is the case I am truly sorry. And rest assured I dont now nor have I ever thought I am better than anyone else. But when it comes to the things of the Lord I will fight the good fight and stand and be counted as it is the least I can do after all he done for me.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:30 am

nuxta wrote:
London Dave made a huge list that was answered and rather than aknowledge that we have a ligitmate argument he turned it in to semantics.

Absolute bollox! Your entire 'arguments' are based upon "prove me wrong" or my apparent misinterpretation of the bible. You or your mate stated way back on page one or wherever, that the bible needs no interpretation. It says what it says. You can't cherry pick your arguments here. It's all truth, or none of it. You,( or your mate) made that point (and you agreed to it ). You answered absolutley nothing. Nowhere did you produce evidence that the bible was 100% factual.

Every single one of your 'independent scientific analysis of the truth of the bible' websites are pure bunk. 100% dribble. I repeat, a scientific fraud. As factual as Piltdown man. A sham. Completely and utterly based upon flimsy science, or a complete misunderstanding of scientific process, proof or logic. If you and the rest of your god fearing bible believing christians choose to take those websites as science, I'm a banana! They contain as much real science as water contains fats. 0%. If the lot that produced that crap were the only scientists on earth, we'd still be wiping our arses with leaves and worshipping the sun god.

The problem with 'arguing' with people of your ilk is, unfortunately, you cannot tell the difference between fact and fiction. You are incapable of any argument. You continue to state as 'fact' things that are not. With you, it isn't an argument at all. If you keep on saying it, loud enough and long enough, you figure people will believe you. Alas not, you may think you convince people of the merits of your 'argument', but in reality, people simply can't be arsed continuing any meaningful discussion. I don't disappear, I just can't be arsed.

So, hit me again with the "you haven't proved me wrong" call. You, and all your bible believing cronies are fakes, and every time you use a microwave, a computer, or anything else that was produce by 'real science', you are denying your handbook.

Now, for the proof by contradiction.......

Show me the circle where Pi = 3, I'm still waiting!

QED
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:15 am

Here, Here London Dave!!!!!!!! Well said mate
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:52 am

London Dave wrote:
Show me the circle where Pi = 3, I'm still waiting!

How about we get some facts right first.
1. They are not measuring a 2 dimensional circle, they are measuring a brass tub.
2. Nowhere in the Bible does it state Pi = 3, this has been inferred by some misinformed critics, from certain measurements made of the molten sea.

"...was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup". Does that sound like a perfect circle? Draw me a shape of what you think the molten sea looked like. Do you even know the verses where this came from?

Last edited by Birdy on Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:30 pm

"...was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup". Does that sound like a perfect circle? Draw me a shape of what you think the molten sea looked like. Do you even know the verses where this came from?[/quote]

what the? how about you read a book on life, lets see, u can start with the 'Blue Mountains' plenty of life facts in that book.

GO PIES.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:31 pm

GO DAVE! LOL!!
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:44 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:
what the? how about you read a book on life, lets see, u can start with the 'Blue Mountains' plenty of life facts in that book.

You're saying the Bible isn't a book about life? Laughing

Have you actually read it EBB?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: