Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Belief

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Well said, michael !!

I'm a born again cricketer.

I believe in Rock 'n' Roll.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:31 pm

yeh well isnt it funny that a lot of 'gods representatives' are fricken rock spider peddas! funny that they're attracted to that occupation..
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:35 pm

Once again CQ you are generalising. The rock spiders as you refer to them as are predominately in the catholic church which by its own creeds is not a christian church. You say that they are attracted to this occupation but in fact it is the catholic false teaching of celebacy which causes this heinus problem
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:58 pm

nuxta wrote:
I take it from your statement here you are refering to the catholic church, which by definition is not a true christian church so can not be used to measure christianity, or christians

Perhaps you should be saying "which by my definition". Then again, logic and religious belief are not exactly bedfellows.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:18 pm

London Dave wrote:
Perhaps you should be saying "which by my definition". Then again, logic and religious belief are not exactly bedfellows.

What I said is what I have said and catholicism dosnt stick to biblical precepts and prefers traditions and the decrees of the popes. Christianity has only one final authority, the Bible.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:24 pm

"Christianity has only one final authority, the Bible".

Then it's in big trouble, Nuxta.

Written by humans. Changed by humans. Interpreted by humans. Need I say more ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Thanks for your life philosophy Assassin, but I don't think I'll be taking advice from someone who gets smashed out of their brain and has party cones. I'd prefer to stay in my brain and not waste it away.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:35 pm

Assassin wrote:
And to just what 'sect' do the Anglicans belong ?
Anglicanism is an off-shoot of catholicism.

Assassin wrote:
And how , all you fairytale believers , in the minority of christianity do you dispell ; Muslims , Budhists , Catholics , Jehovahs , Church of Later Day Saints , Church of scientology and whatever other f@#c&3d up group of sheep there are ?????

Muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, Later Day Saints and Scientology are all able to trace their origens back to rome. Budists follow Kutama Budha who died saying I still havnt found the way, But Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life"

Assassin wrote:
I believe in good blokes. We sin on almost a daily basis we have a drink after work , we play with our kids in the park , we walk our dogs , hell , sometimes we even get smashed out of our brains with just one too many party cones. We preach to no-one and we hurt no-one , we don't need a cross or figurehead to lead us we lead by example.

So you believe in sin hey? But who are you sining against? You call what you do leading by example, smoking cones and getting smashed out of your "brain". Dear God help us all if assassin is to be considered a leader for our youth to look up to.

Assassin wrote:
So believe what you want you gullible clowns 'coz while you're begging forgiveness , I'm living life to the fullest and carving the Indian Ocean . Cool

You will believe in God one day just wait and see.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:12 am

nuxta wrote:
Christianity has only one final authority, the Bible.

there you go again.....YOU have one final authority, YOUR interpretation of the bible. Good luck with it , you'll need it.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:22 am

nuxta wrote:
Once again CQ you are generalising. The rock spiders as you refer to them as are predominately in the catholic church which by its own creeds is not a christian church. You say that they are attracted to this occupation but in fact it is the catholic false teaching of celebacy which causes this heinus problem

You are surely joking! Celebacy causes peddas, hahaha. As if. If they need a root that bad they would just go to the local brothel. Not prey on children, hey maybe they misinterpreted when someone told them to 'pray' they thought 'prey'.
No, people like this don't just 'become' they always have been.
And as for the pathetic bastards in charge and all their cover ups, well if you weren't one yourself why the hell would you cover for them? any person in their right mind (ie not peddas) would be fricken disgusted.

nuxta wrote:
So you believe in sin hey? But who are you sining against? You call what you do leading by example, smoking cones and getting smashed out of your "brain". Dear God help us all if assassin is to be considered a leader for our youth to look up to.

So what, looks to me that assassin has got it all figured out. I'm all for that lifestyle! hurt no one, mind your own business. and not have to go and justify yourself to something that doesn't even exist.

Its just such a load of crap. someone tells you a story and u go 'fk yeh! i'll believe in that!'

Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster? What about Fairies? Magic?

If not, then why not?
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:42 am

CQ wrote:
You are surely joking! Celebacy causes peddas, hahaha. As if. If they need a root that bad they would just go to the local brothel. Not prey on children, hey maybe they misinterpreted when someone told them to 'pray' they thought 'prey'.

CQ if priests were seen wandering off to the local brothel, do you think they would still be priests?

They prey on children so they can use their power and influence over them to keep them quiet. I don't know how the mind of a pedda works but I'm guessing they prefer little boys anyway.

Celebacy could be part of the problem, but what ever it is, they are still sickos.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:51 am

Some of the comments I've been reading in this thread are just a bit on the ignorant side.

To argue that a particular belief is wrong or fictional is just ridiculous unless you are able to produce some hard scientific evidence to prove your point.

I would strongly recommend that all the critics in here of the Bible should actually try reading the thing with an open mind before they call it a fairytale. Particularly the New Testament.

I'm a Christian but I accept that everyone has their own beliefs and religions, and to argue that one is right and others are wrong seems stupid to me because many of these are based on faith and cannot be entirely proved or disproved. If God wanted us to be able to prove his existence then we would be able to.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:24 pm

Magfan8 said-Written by humans. Changed by humans. Interpreted by humans. Need I say more ?
Nuxta says-prove it wrong

London Dave said-there you go again.....YOU have one final authority, YOUR interpretation of the bible. Good luck with it , you'll need it.
Nuxta says-The bible it self says no scripture is of any private interpretation. It says what it says.

CQ said-So what, looks to me that assassin has got it all figured out. I'm all for that lifestyle! hurt no one, mind your own business. and not have to go and justify yourself to something that doesn't even exist.
Its just such a load of crap. someone tells you a story and u go 'fk yeh! i'll believe in that!' Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster? What about Fairies? Magic? If not, then why not?
Nuxta says-Prove He dosnt exist. No one told me a story, I read the bible and believed. No I do not believe in Nessie, Fairies or Magic as they are untestable.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Assassin wrote:
Ken was raised in Wollongong where he and his 2 brothers attended Christian Brothers College , his Mother wanted Ken to be a priest. I explained our present little discussion here to Ken and asked this wise old man ( Industrial Lawyer) for his overview on religion. His answer was short and sweet "It's the biggest load of garbage ever written , a fairytale" were his exact words.
I will take your advice and have a flick through the book, Stand by for...'Biggest Bible Bloopers' coming to a thread near you

No disrespect to your friend but just because he was raised a catholic and is an industrial lawyer dosnt make his thoughts carry any more weight in the argument. I could give you the names of 50 prominent and respected scientists with incredible educations who are all born again believers and both believe and trust in the bible as the written word of the living God

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:26 am

nuxta wrote:

Nuxta says-The bible it self says no scripture is of any private interpretation. It says what it says.

I'd reckon Mein Kampf came with similar instructions. Like I said, good luck with it pal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: