Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Belief

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdy wrote:
Has some funny stuff does it Dr Zeuss? Interesting sense of humour you must have, care to mention anything in particular? Hope you weren't referring to any of the chapters on the crucifixion.

Come to think of it ... I really liked the bit when they all started singing "Always look on the bright side of life".

Now come on, all you fundamentalists ... you've got to admit ... THAT bit was funny.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:01 pm

michael wrote:
i hope the rapture happens soon..maybe then you will change your mind Smile

HAHAHAHA....

The rapture's already happened.

We are the ones left behind.

HAHAHAHAHA ...

That would make George Bush the anti-Christ ...

HAHAHAHAHA ...

We're all gunna burn in a lake of fire ...

HAHAHAHAHA ...

And our 666 Bankcards, tatooed on our foreheads, will be WORTHLESS.

And the Lamb will lay down with the Lion ...

JESUS WILL BARRACK FOR BRISBANE ... ?????

No ... He will go to bed with them.

Hang on ...

If Jesus is God ... and the AFL thinks it's God ... then it means the AFL will go to bed with Brisbane.

And we all know THAT's true.

So, these must surely be the end-times.

The AFL is the anti-Christ.
The rapture has already happened.
And we are all doomed to the lake of fire.

BUT ... consider this ...

Consider the humble giraffe ... created by God on whatever day it was that he created giraffes.

If ever anyone needed proof that God has a sense of humour, then that's it.

The GIRAFFE !
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:04 pm

Yep Monty Python is pretty damn funny, but I can't see how you could find one even remotely humorous thing from the Bible.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:06 pm

Birdy wrote:
Yep Monty Python is pretty damn funny, but I can't see how you could find one even remotely humorous thing from the Bible.

That's why I don't believe the Bible.

Because I've seen the Giraffe ... and I KNOW that God has a sense of humour.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:09 pm

nuxta wrote:
So simmilar dna is proof of common decent, thats strange as watermelons have 98% the same dna as us does that mean we a re watermelons............do your homework CQ

yer well we actually look like chimpanzees and they are mammals, unlike watermelons.

nuxta wrote:
The first perso hey?... In actual fact it is 66 books written by 40 different writters over a fifteen hundred year period...but you knew that didnt you cause you done your homework.

yeh actually i did know that, but someone had to start the BS story somewhere, it all didnt 'appear' at exactly the same time.

nuxta wrote:
Would it for you?.. Over five hundred people that seen Jesus crucified also saw Him after He had risen.....is that enough of the witness?

He, is that like hehehe? so what if he got nailed to the cross? that could happen to anyone, doesnt mean theyre invincible.

nuxta wrote:
There is no such thing as aliens, it is just some fairy tale made up by nutters and whackos who will believe any old thing...........................................sound familiar

haha i dont believe in them like roswell or the x files etc, it just seems to be quite possible that there is life somewhere else. oh maybe GOD (bwahaha) is out there making another clay world Rolling Eyes
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:13 pm

Birdy wrote:
Apart from Jesus there is no one who is completely innocent. We are all sinners by nature and therefore none of us have the right to be free from suffering on the basis of innocence.

this is hilarious, babies arent innocent? i agree kids arent cos they can be cruel little shitheads, but babies, wtf have they ever done?

bwahahaha jesus is innocent, wat the fk, he was a human and he was the only perfect one, how can u be perfect eh, just another ridiculous statement in the LIEbal haha
i cant believe you sheep still believe the fairytales.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:25 pm

CQ wrote:
this is hilarious, babies arent innocent? i agree kids arent cos they can be cruel little shitheads, but babies, wtf have they ever done?

Babies are sinful by nature as they will all become sinners as soon as they are able to do so.

CQ wrote:
bwahahaha jesus is innocent, wat the fk, he was a human and he was the only perfect one, how can u be perfect eh, just another ridiculous statement in the LIEbal haha

Thats just silly. If Jesus is the son of God, why wouldn't he be the only innocent and righteous person to have lived?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:02 pm

CQ wrote:

We are all sheep CQ the only difference is who we chose to follow..............................................................................................................................................who do you follow.

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:35 pm
Post subject: UFOReply with quote

myself and three others observed a UFO for 2 hrs, this i know is truth and
for anyone not think or agree that nothing else exsist outside our planet, then u are completely mad and had 1 too many bible study lessons.

and ffs where is heaven?

also YOUR bible, well , u can apply to chinese wispers.

and if god created earth, then whats with the other boring planets going around and around and around.......maybe there's something out there.
drfranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:45 pm
Post subject: I just couldn't help myselfReply with quote

Sorry but I have to forward a quote from the great prophet Bill Hicks:

"People's beliefs are strange - take christianity for example. Anyone who question's God's infinite love will suffer an afterlife of eternal torment"

But on the serious side I can't really be bothered taking part in this discussion. If anyone is curious though about religion the best site is www.religioustolerance.org - it sums up all the world's religions from a pretty neutral perspective and has really good essays on christianity.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:54 pm
Post subject: Re: I just couldn't help myselfReply with quote

[quote="drfranger"]Sorry but I have to forward a quote from the great prophet Bill Hicks:

"People's beliefs are strange - take christianity for example. Anyone who question's God's infinite love will suffer an afterlife of eternal torment"quote]

damn! those violent christians... throw them to the lions i say.

GO PIES.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:43 pm

It has nothing to do with questioning His love it has to do with denying His Son.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:10 pm

Hey Eddies Balance, can you describe the UFO you saw?
What it looked like, how close it got, what it did etc
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:32 pm
Post subject: Re: UFOReply with quote

eddies bank balance wrote:
myself and three others observed a UFO for 2 hrs, this i know is truth and
for anyone not think or agree that nothing else exsist outside our planet, then u are completely mad and had 1 too many bible study lessons.

and ffs where is heaven?

and if god created earth, then whats with the other boring planets going around and around and around.......maybe there's something out there.

Yes, you obsevered a UFO - and unidentified flying object. The truth is you don't know what you saw. If there was life on other planets smart enough to build technology to transport them from another planet, they would probably also have some means of communication and surly wouldn't just hover over our planet. If there was other such life, it could not possibly be from our solar system, or we would have observed their cities on their planets, meaning that they would have to travel for years to reach us.

There is more proof of God existing than there is of UFOs existing.

There is a King mentioned in the bible - there was no historical record of him anywhere else except the bible. One day archeologists(sp?) found old bricks during a dig somewhere, with his name written in them. (I can do some more research on this if you really want)

The Pool of Bethesda is mentioned in John 5:1-15. John writes that the pool has "five covered colonnades" (A series of columns placed at regular intervals. dictionary.com). No such place had ever been found.
Forty feet underground, archaeologists discovered a pool with five porticoes, and the description of the surrounding area matches John's description.

Also, in John 9:7, John mentions the Pool of Siloam. This pool was also discovered in 1897.

Give me one shred of evidence of UFOs, besides eyewitness accounts. I could go on for ages with eye witness accounts of healing and answers to prayer.

Heaven, is a spiritual realm. It is not of this world. Noone knows where it is..but it is not a physical place.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - God created them all.. the heavens being space, other planets etc. They are there because God wanted them there.

Quote:

that doesnt make any sense? you can tell it to one person and they can whisper it to another person and say whatever they feel like?
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:36 pm
Post subject: Re: UFOReply with quote

eddies bank balance wrote:
myself and three others observed a UFO for 2 hrs, this i know is truth

Did you and your friends happen to eat any strange looking mushrooms before this sighting? Sure it wasn't just a street light?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: