Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What do we lack?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 4:25 am
Post subject: What do we lack?Reply with quote

What do we need to be a top 2-4 side? Players that we should get rid of and ones that we should try and get. I think that Shaw, Lane, Ukovic, Neon (maybe) and Dimma are the type of players that will be servicable but not brilliant. I know that it's easy to say which ones to get, but I think a player in the mould of Ratten would be handy. Can't have Buck's on the bottom of packs otherwise he won't last another 3 years.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 10:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a CHF and Ruckman desperately
I got sick of watching the Roos take the ball out of the centre.
I dont think our midfield is a problem,they could match with anyone on thier day.
Ant Rocca and Steve Mckee are not up to it if you wanna be a top side.Any way thats my say.
GO PIES

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 11:04 am

I disagree. The only thing this side needs is more experience.
Most of the guys you mentioned wouldn't even have played seniors yet at some clubs. The Pies are still the youngest side in the AFL, and they will be up and down for a little while.

I have a feeling that last week's errors were due largely to fatigue. The team is on the right track, they've got the right list of players and the future is looking very bright.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 3:28 pm

To Dantheman

Fatigue is the one thing that shouldnt be a problem for us. We are one of the youngest and fastest teams of the AFL, and we should have ran all over the Kangaroos. Its plain old experience that we lack, even though Malthouse never says so. He says it should be a catalyst and not an excuse, and in a way he's right.

Go PIES 2001

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 4:46 pm

yeah but the younger players will find it hard to get through the WHOLE season without being dropped for a week or so just for a sorta 'rest' in the VFL. (eg tarkyn last year)
we are way from the top 4 side when the excuse for losing is 'bucks was injured' they have to stop relying on buckleys brilliance so when he is injured we can still be a good side.
teams like essendon dont really have just one player that everyone makes a big deal about if he doesnt play, cause they have about 4 others who are just as good. whereas if buckley didnt play well %$^£$%^&%%! we wouldnt stop hearing about it for 5 seconds.

rash 

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 3:57 am

I still think we have a problem with a goal sneak forward pocket. When the ball hits the ground we dont seem to have anyone that can grab the ball and snap a goal on a consistent basis. It always seems to be different players each week and sometimes each quarter in the forward pockets. I think we should have Neon Leon in one pocket and Tyson Lane in the other and leave them there for the whole game.

SwOOsh Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2001 2:22 pm

It's quite simple.. we lack the ability to put teams away. And that will come with more experience. In every loss this season we had chances to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and just WIN it, however, we couldn't because we're not sure how just yet. But just wait until we are!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: