Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

what do we take form that

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 12:38 pm
Post subject: what do we take form thatReply with quote

another "honourable loss" ??
That loss was the equivalent of the loss to Freo last year, A match to consoliadte our position, and we fall short. Certainly Bucks was far from 100% , but a real indication of our sustained improvement when irrespective of whether where playing well or not we start to win these "must win matches".
I , like most of you will try to draw on the positives here, but the bottom line is that , THAT LOSS REALLY HURT.
Now lets take it out on Port

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We can take nothing positive from this game. North are now a bottom 4 side and we had the chance to open them up and blow them away.
On this form prepare for a 10 goal hiding in Adelaide.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:15 pm

NOTHING!!!

Go PIES 2001

OutKast 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:42 pm

I'd rather go down by 8 goals then lose like that (or at least thats how i'm feeling at the moment), it just leaves you absolutley gutted. Judging by the players reaction they sure felt it too, think we'll struggle to put on anything decent this week against Port.

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:49 pm

When in front, don't get cocky! Continue to follow the process that got you there in the first place, and the siren signals the end of the game, not a 15 point lead 20 min into the final quarter.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 5:19 am

I'm not exactly surprised.. even when we were up by a barrel and the momentum was running our way, i wasn't convinced we would stick it out.. I guess I'm getting Alf's pessimism, after seeing us in front so many times just to see us get done in the dying minutes, I was expecting the worst from yesterdays game.. it was just a pity that it was bloody sav that brought them over the line.
Anthony was under a shitload of pressure from that last goal, I had a horrible feeling that he would miss it.. and he did. He'll learn from it though..but damn did i think he kicked it! Roccas_babe and myself were jumping for joy, only to find that he had missed it. I'm trying to find a positive from yesterdays game... the only thing i can think of is ALAN DIDAK.. a fantastic passage of play for his first ever kick for the magpies (other than ansett cup) what a champion he is going to be.
Anyway, if yesterdays game is anything to go by, i think making the trip to adelaide is going to be a waste of time, if we lose i can tell you i'm not gunna be leaving that hotel room for quite a while. lol
Lets just hope that Port are due for a loss -knowing our luck they won't be.

_-~`*#24-GO TARKS*`~-_
--------------------------
biodave 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 7:21 am

DEJA VU:

I can't believe how Anthony Rocca, a league footballer could miss that set shot 20-30 out- or maybe it is fathomable. Against Carlton, in the dying minutes he missed an easy shot which would have sealed victory. Against Hawthorn, he missed again when he EVENTUALLY got his hand on the footy. Pebbles was lucky to have a second shot against Carlton to make amends, however our recent loss proves that you get punished for not making the most of your opportunities. Anthony Rocca has such a pathetic tendency to miss the easiest of goals. Send him back to Willy- sorry that might be a bit harsh but Anthony frequently lets you down.

I can't help feeling that we're just another lacklustre team. Yesterday's game was a big chance for us to gain some respect and really consolidate our ladder position. We choked today, no doubt about it. It was a disappointing way for Buckley to go out on his 150th.

i still love the pies, and I hope God continues to...

bless their courageous hearts

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 7:34 am

Yeah, I think there were very few positives out of that game. Our handballs were terrible, we kicked straight into the arms of Roos players, we only had one productive forward and the last quarter was a nightmare! Oh, and did we even get the ball out of the middle once???

I'm not blaming Pebbles for losing us the match but even taking into consideration the amount of pressure he was under, he should have nailed that last goal.

But the whole team need to look at themselves and how much they wanted that game - if nothing else, maybe they'll remember how they felt when the siren went and make sure they try to never put themselves in that position again!

At the moment it feels like we're taking one big step forward and then two small steps backwards!

GO PIES!

Marg

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 8:02 am

Try two steps forward then one back.

I hope that hurt the ploayers as much as it hurt me. We may have had 4 narrow losses, BUT THEY ARE LOSSES and as such only the Essendon one brings any solace.

Look at the fixture: probable loss in ADelaide, followed by a sequence we can reasonably expect 7 wins from:
St Kilda
Sydney (CS)
Melbourne
West Coast (CS)
Adelaide (FP)
Geelong
Brisbane.

If we have any less than 5 wins in this sequence, it will be an utter disappointment.

Broadie
country dave 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 8:35 am

Why do we have such a problem putting sides away? We get three goals up in so many games recently and never get the next goal or two to finish a side off. It gives me the shits.

Positives from the game must be Tarrant, Fraser and Davis' form although Fraser stuffed up two disposals in the last quarter that cost us.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 8:46 am

No excuses. And a dismal result.

But Broadie's right. We do have a string of highly winnable matches coming up over the next two months. There is a very real possibility that our win-loss ratio will be better than 50-50 at the end of it, giving us some chance of sneaking into the finals. Maybe by then we will have learned how to convert an honourable defeat into a win ... consistently.

Shit!!! Did I say that? What's happening?

Excuse me. I forgot to take my medication.

**floreat pica**

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 11:48 am

Everyone have a look at Broadie's post again, earlier in this thread. Spot on...two steps forward, one back.
This is a young team that will learn by these mistakes. Take heart, every game played is a game closer to our own majestic goal.
The best of players does not start to show a full understanding of the game until 50 or more games, look at Licuria if you don't believe that.
How many games Josh?
How many games Ryan Lonie?
How many games Didak?
How many games Mckee?
How many games Tarrant? ( I Know 50!!!)
The best is yet to come!
Have faith.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 2:12 pm

about the rocca goal (or MISSED goal) he kicked that one against sydney last year when the pressure was on. f*ck! why couldnt he have marked it 50M out and on a ridiculous angle, then he woulda got it!
mckee had a bad game, so we didnt get it out the middle much.
tarkyn played really good and so did tazza. farkin hell 2 goddam points! im still cut about it.

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 4:00 am

I can't believe that you are all talking about the next 2 months. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't next month JUNE? That whole month is our biggest hoodoo that we have to overcome.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 7:06 am

Well ... we can stop believing in hoodoos for starters.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: