Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A lesson that needs to be learnt!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 12:52 pm
Post subject: A lesson that needs to be learnt!Reply with quote

Today the young Pies learnt that opportunities not taken can cost you a victory.
Once again we had more shots at goal than the opposition and failed to win the game. This is a defect that must be rectified by the players themselves.
Our Backs continue shine, we cannot blame them for our loss. Our forwards need to make more of the opportunities being presented to them.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. our forward line just did not work for us, particularly in the second half! Tarrant was on fire eraly, but he had one of his usual fade outs again... I thought he would kick 6-8 goals for the day, after kicking 4 goals up to half time..

I dont think we can take much from the game. Except that losing is not as good as winning, i guess. We didn't play good at all!

Go PIES 2001

OutKast 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:36 pm

I think the more worrying thing is the turnovers that keep resulting in goals. Each week we're giving teams 4-5 goals from simple handballs or passes outta defence that end up hitting the opposition on the chest. And just when the usual culprit Paul Licuria plays an almost faultless game today Nick Davis, Josh Fraser and Shane O'Bree take up his mantle. Simple fact is we're not gonna win the close ones while giving the oppostion gimme goals, and then missing set shots down the other end.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 2:57 pm

4 losses, aggregate total of less than 5 goals

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 3:02 pm

4 losses aggregate 16 premiership points and top spot. let's not think like fremantle

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 3:42 pm

Good point.
I've calmed down a bit now, and checked up some of the other results, and geez some clubs are really in the sh1t. I actually think the pies are still good (relatively). They were bound to have a let down sometime. The players were just completely knackered towards the end.

And Presti spent another four quarters on the bench. What's going on with that? The Pies are running a three man interchange bench, obviously.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 8:06 am

Why is it that we only have one forward firing at present?

The last few weeks it's been either Rocca OR Tarrant, never both, and Molloy has been largely ineffective. Don't talk about his presence: GOALS win games. Many commentators have applauded our potent forward line, but they have rarely played good games at the SAME TIME.
Why?

Broadie
Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 12:31 pm

Presence is a BIG thing and i thought molly was ok yesterday and u can give 2 of tarrants goals due to his presence in the foward line.
At least when his down he still puts in unlike a former full foward we used to have.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2001 2:17 am

Yep - I'd rather have Molly than the Frankfurt. AT least when the ball's not coming his way, Molloy knows how to go upfield and stay out of the way of the other forwards...unlike a certain semi-trailer.

Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: