Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

trade:what could you offer for who??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="magpies are 2 good"]ok i reckon these players should go as for who we get i dont care but it has to be players that have played afl before they come to us with another club.

rowe: same as nixon but has not played a game on list 2 or 3 years i think
[quote]

Rowe was drafted this year with Morrison,Hall and the Shaws. An you also cannot pass judgement on players like Nixon after they played 1 or 2 AFL games. Bo is our best week in week out at Willi. He should be given more of a chance.
sq3 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:26 pm

Pies don't need to trade anyone except maybe some of the caoching staff.

The playing list is great and I bet Sheedy and the others are thanking their lucky stars that our coaching and conditioning staff have not got it right.

The horses are good - the trainer and the trackworkers need to shape up of meet Donald Trump.

We have all the ingredients for a great cake - but MM blames the eggs milk and the oven and Buttifingers is still trying to light the gas oven.

I only hope the fog lifts.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:44 pm

People are dodging the whole trade issue yet again. To get a big name you have to let one go.

The best trade bait we have hasn't even been mentioned yet. It would break my heart to see him go but copelands are in the past. Current form is all that matters.

Lonie, Didak, Cole, Woewodin and a few others all go without saying. To name players like Kinnear, Shaw, McKee etc is absolutely pointless as they are all worth nothing.
magpies are 2 good Sagittarius

jacki is hot

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:09 pm

presti is good>>>> nixon plays good at willi but he has played 2 games at afl which is completly different to the vfl and nixon got 2 handballs in 1 game wow we dont need him we can get a better player then keep nixon i dont know about u presti is good but i would rather see a good player like some one that can get about 20 possies a game then seeing nixon on the team.

we can also offer mckee as trade bait and hope some one takes him because richards is good in ruck
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:27 pm

magpies are 2 good wrote:
nixon plays good at willi but he has played 2 games at afl which is completly different to the vfl and nixon got 2 handballs in 1 game wow we dont need him we can get a better player then keep nixon i dont know about u presti is good but i would rather see a good player like some one that can get about 20 possies a game then seeing nixon on the team.

we can also offer mckee as trade bait and hope some one takes him because richards is good in ruck

When was the last time you watched Nixon in isolation and not in the context of the whole team. I'm sick of seeing Bo cop rubbishing he's getting cos of his three stats. Have a look at his time on game, he spent 99.95% of the game on the bench, its bloody hard to get a touch sitting on th pine. Its got bugger all to do with him not being able to cut it or not being up to it, utter crap.

Example, Andrew Welsch from Essendon, same type of player, same junior clubs, bloody good mates. One is an automatic selection at Essendon and the other is rarely sighted in black and white, rather playing in the Blue and Gold of the Gulls. Essendon have had a habit of blooding kids every year and we haven't done the same.

Nixon is a better footballer than you give him credit for.

And no team out there would trade for McKee, every team in the league has a modern ruckman coming through their ranks and is supported by the more traditional bigman, and as such Steve McKee's trade value is not as large as you may hope
KingY'sChick32 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:34 pm

Quote:
When was the last time you watched Nixon in isolation and not in the context of the whole team. I'm sick of seeing Bo cop rubbishing he's getting cos of his three stats. Have a look at his time on game, he spent 99.95% of the game on the bench, its bloody hard to get a touch sitting on th pine. Its got bugger all to do with him not being able to cut it or not being up to it, utter crap.

I totally agree with this!!

You are all so keen to see all our young players go like, King, Nixon, Mullins, but no one is willing to give them a chance. Yeah they may be playing like crap and messing a few things up, but hey thats nerves and lack of experience, and you all whinge when they get like 5 disposals a game, but hey its hard to get touches when you are sitting on the bench!

Is it so hard to just let them have a GO!!??!!
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Nath wrote:
magpies are 2 good wrote:
nixon plays good at willi but he has played 2 games at afl which is completly different to the vfl and nixon got 2 handballs in 1 game wow we dont need him we can get a better player then keep nixon i dont know about u presti is good but i would rather see a good player like some one that can get about 20 possies a game then seeing nixon on the team.

Example, Andrew Welsch from Essendon, same type of player, same junior clubs, bloody good mates. One is an automatic selection at Essendon and the other is rarely sighted in black and white, rather playing in the Blue and Gold of the Gulls. Essendon have had a habit of blooding kids every year and we haven't done the same.

Nixon is a better footballer than you give him credit for.

And no team out there would trade for McKee, every team in the league has a modern ruckman coming through their ranks and is supported by the more traditional bigman, and as such Steve McKee's trade value is not as large as you may hope

What hes said.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:39 pm

McKee, Williams and a 3rd round pick for the Dogs 1st pick.

Cole to Essendon for 2nd round pick & Bullen

Delist: Kinnear, R.Shaw, Williams and McKee. Lonie is underhuge pressure but I would keep him as I can see some-thing special. Not the Clokes. Cam has has 2 years so it is stupid to get rid of him, not Jason as I spoke to him yesterday and he is more commited then ever and definitly no Davidson.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:41 pm

Cole has no awareness and little in the way of kicking skills. He is is hot water right now.
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:42 pm

Quote:
McKee, Williams and a 3rd round pick for the Dogs 1st pick.

That my friend would be the trade of the century if it ever went through especially since the Dogs pick will likely be in the top 5.

Heres my idea at a bottom 8 clubs first rounder.

Collingwood give: 2nd Round Pick and Cole

Collingwood Recieves: 1st Rounder in the top 8.

This of course depends on who would want Cole.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:46 pm

cmon guys thats a bit harsh on ben kinnear
this guy will be the next carey
just be patient
ive backed him for the brownlow this year at 1001-1 and come brownlow night benny will have charlie around his neck
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:30 am

Yeah, I suppose so. Smile
foxychick Gemini

jay

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:07 am

Did we ever care if Paul Licuria could not dispose the ball properly, especially his kicking ability? No, we like him because of his hardness at the ball and the ability to work hard in competitions. My link is that Cole has very much become a scrutiny in the game, ever since the grand final. He is still a kid and is still being developed. He is a potential star, just one lacking in confidence at the moment. He is one of our few players that can go in and tackle the ball hard and not be afraid to make a contest. Even great players make mistakes. He will learn from it, to develop into a professional footballer takes time. Have you noticed that most players who have excelled are aged 26+ because that is where they believe player fitness and experience exells. When one of the kids shine in one game we tend to praise them for their efforts, but when they have an ordinary day we tend to bag them for the rest of there playing career until they prove a miraculous game. He has not been so much inconsistent. He will really proove an asset to the club in a couple of years. If he doesn't then that's when you trade him off. Port Adelaide wanted him in for Nick Stevens but that is another debate. If they wanted Cole they must've seen something in him?!

Kinnear has had time to develop himself. He has been long enough at the club to prove his worth. However, he doesn't have a place in the team and with the likes of Camereon Cloke, Brent Hall, Davidson coming in there will really be no place for him and after more than 5 years at the club he has only conceded 50 games?! He HAS been given a chance and that's why the finger has been pointed to him. If Collingwood doesn't get rid of him, will his inconsistency continue? It is hard though because he will not get game time and there is not enough room in the team for him. I have been a critique of Kinnear over the years. I thought I saw some positive signs last year. But looking for the benefit of the club he has no place and has to go.

Andrew Williams. Has been inconsistent too. I have noticed that in a couple of games he's played recently, especially, he has not put in those 2nd and 3rd efforts that are all important. In the Saints game I was becoming increasining frustrated because he was not producing these efforts. We cannot accept just ordinary performances but we need the best out of everyone. He was picked to Collingwood for his hardness. I see none of that and he has not proven himself for what he was chosen for that was chosen for the beneficiality of the team. He is better to prosper at another club.

I believe R.Shaw will never go. MM tends to favor him. I haven't liked the way R.Shaw has played from what i've viewed but it could be his lack of experience-he needs to work on foot disposal and most of alll BALANCE!!! Ithink he needss to go to karate, he provides good run, but will Dane Swan replace his drive off the Half back?! that is the question.

I think Lonie is too good to give away. His confidence has just been down lately. You can't blame the poor kid, his father has died, it takes a lot out of you. He is probably the only one who can kick a ball decent. Mick probably needs to give him his old traditional role to give back his confidence. Who else can run from half back and kick a goal from 60 metres out accurately...u can't tell me you don't get excited from this kid!! And remember he's still a kid!"

McKee has to go. There is no room for him anymroe with the emergence of Stretch and Josh Fraser. The new ruck rule has killed him and so there's no place for him in the team., Fraser will bulk uip even more in a couple of years and he will be a gun so McKee will not be needed. However, Collingwood could do with Brad Ottens from Richmond, and there is every possiblity that he could come to Collingwood from what i've heard, imagine the forward set-up of that andd our ruck would even be much more outstanding! But we do need to make sacrifices in order to gain a better future. It's just which sacrifices are you willing to make.

We can't start pointing the fingers at the kids who are failing who have hardly played a game. Because great players don't become great by chance, they become great by experience, learn from there mistakes and do the best to improve it. even the best have their doggy days. I think we tend to have this big conception that once a kid has been put in the team they automatically have to play a Nathan Buckley and rack up about 25 disposals. Give the kids a chance, and if they don't prove themselves, that's when you give them away. There lean boys and improve with fitness each year. So don't throw the towel when the fight hasn't even begun!
Walker, has been in my 50/50 book. He is a big boy, but his disposal, consistency and decision making is a worry. He should have another year or two to prove himself if not then he's out the door.

J.Cloke tends to have bad pre-seasons. It happened to him last year and this year. He needs to work on this because it tends to set him back in the first couple of games. But he is a good player. He does so much for the team. Like spoilage, stopping goals. Can you count all the times he has helped out another team mate and stopped a gun from getting the ball that would've resulted in a goal. And how bout right at the goal line saving goals going through. He has been there and though he has his dodgey days he still tries and does the team stuff and efforts. It is all the little stuff that make a difference that tends to elude us.

I don't think anyone really could have believed Ben Johnson would develop into the player he has developed into. That's why I strongly emphasise the importance on being patient with the kids. At the start they might not all be gold and some playeers take longer to develop than others. But if they continue with incosistency then they must go.

Even great players make mistakes and have there bad days. We are so harsh to judge and that all that the players do for the team seems to evaporate from the mind when they do a couple of mistakes and we are more to scrutinise the players, because when we bring our attention to something we are most likely to keep focusing on that aspect. There are a couple of players who have had there chance and cannot expect more from the Collingwood Football Club. Unfortuntely there is only a limited list at the club so they have to go. But it is all worth it, for the pies. We have some major talent, time is something we are all impatient to wait for. We are building, not re-building. We are building the kids to develop into the talent, we are building on the players weaknesses to make them there strengths, we are building on being able to work as one unit, but most importantly we are building for the beneficiality of the team so that we can win that premiership.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:50 am

Still want Cole to go? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Stupid stupid comments.

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
317 CFC Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm

what about wirrpunda? hes had a bad year but would do good with a change of scenery. would fit in nicely to hbf. has experiance, a nice long kick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: