Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Favorite Computer game?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be keen for an Internet game but I'd have to have a few days notice for my mate to send me the games in the mail. I only have Halo and GTA at the moment.

First person shooters are the main ones I love playing like: Quake 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Unreal Tournament, Medal of Honour, and Battlefield 1942. I never got into C&C but I played all the Warcraft games a fair bit. RPGs aren't bad either like Diablo but they take a long time to play.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:45 pm

Any of the GTA titles rip it up in my opinion. They would have to be some of the best games ever made lol
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:48 pm

I wasn't knocking them as i've never actually had a lan party. Sounds a little geekish to me though. i think i'll steer clear.

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
LeonMcS Virgo

Only one says Buckley on command...

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:10 pm

Currently playing an oldie on my laptop and enjoying it, Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amin.
All time favourites- Grand Theft Auto III-PS2, 95% through but havnt played it for over a year since I got my laptop...one day I'll be back to finish it.
Civilisation III-PC, actually any version of this game, I try to limit how often I play it as it always leads to sleep deprivation..."Just one more turn..."
Call of Duty-PC, loved the detail and the setting, Stalingrad level just awesome.
Tracksuit Manager-C64, if anyone knows where I can get this, please PM me! Very basic Soccer Managerial game which I was addicted to.
Doom-PS1, Basic but very satisfying classic.

Probably for depth I would say GTAIII is the best as you can easily get sidetracked from the missions and just run around town causing havoc. And how many hours did I spend looking for that damn Ice Cream truck?
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:06 am

missions?? does that game have missions? LOL! I have spent many hours sitting on top of a building trying to get the highest criminal rating bloody great fun Smile.

The missions are good too though.
Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:16 am

I can hardly wait for GTA 4. Apparently it's going to allow multiplayer, so people can go on the Internet and form gangs to fight each other. Imagine how sick that would be!
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:26 am

thats sounds awesome, maybe we could form a gang of people from nicks, seems we have a few gta fanatics here.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:13 am

Daks, don't knock something to you have tried it. It might sound 'geekish', but it isn't, it is just another way of having fun (having said that, I really can't find the time anymore to do it personally).
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:33 pm

haha the icecream truck was easy Wink it was part of one of the missions Very Happy

GTA3 is one of my fav games (vice city was nowhere near as good)
also
Super Smash Brothers (and melee) are awesome fun to sit down with a few people and play
Final Fantasy 7 - if you have alof of spare time, and like RPGs and slow moving games..this is a winner Smile

Also Birdy - there is a 3rd party program out called MultiTheft Auto, that allows you to play online against other people Very Happy I havnt tried it out, but supposedly its great. more info @ http://mtavc.com/ Very Happy
Cakewalk 90 Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Here is my Top 5 list, based on countless hours played and litres of Coke/Diet Pepsi/Corn Chips/Chris' Tsatziki Dip consumed:

TOP 5 PINBALL MACHINES:
World Cup Soccer
Kiss
Terminator 2
Medieval Madness
Playboy

TOP 5 ARCADE MACHINES:
Ms Pacman
Mr Do!
Galaxian
Joust
Daytona USA

TOP 5 ATARI 2600 GAMES:
Battlezone
Jungle Hunt
Haunted House
Centipede
Dodge 'Em

TOP 5 COMMODORE 64 GAMES:
Impossible Mission
Boulderdash
Paradroid
Leaderboard
Dropzone

TOP 5 AMIGA 500 GAMES:
Speedball (with a bullet)
Pinball Dreams
Pipeline
Speedball 2
Kick Off

TOP 5 NINTENDO 64 GAMES:
Diddy Kong Racing
Robotron 64
World Cup Soccer '98
Wave Race
Cruisin' The World

TOP 5 PS2 GAMES:
SSX Tricky
Tiger Woods USA Tour 2002
FIFA 2001
Silent Hill 2
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:36 pm

Kick off was awesome Very Happy my fav amiga games were kick off, zone warrior, doodlebug and lethal weapon Very Happy oh and FA18 Interceptor
LeonMcS Virgo

Only one says Buckley on command...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:36 pm

Yes Yobbo, I figured out about the Ice Cream truck the second time I played GTAIII! Thank god for Gamefaqs.
The World Cup Pinball is the best ever, easily, loved scoring goals on that, how often did that machine bite into my beer money...also Whodunnit? (I think, maybe Cluedo).
And Battlezone was a classic on Atari 2600, was very annoyed it wasn't included on the Activision Anthology on PS2.
Loved Gauntlet at the arcade, actually clocked my health on the C64 version, bought it recently on PC (with Marble Madness, Paperboy and a few others for $20) but time seems to have eroded all my skill on it. Crying or Very sad
Also Starblade on Arcade was another money eater of mine.
Speaking of Arcades, are there any good games there any more? Every time I walk past its full of drum machines or dancing mats and no pinnies. In my day, if you danced in a arcade you would have got the crap beaten out of you! Last game I was playing regularly was Virtua Cop 2, about 5 or 6 years ago. Not much has interested me since.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:56 pm

hehehe! what a classic thread!

ok folks how about y'all list your favourite consoles of all time? or just list all the consoles you've ever had?

glad someone mentioned theunderdogs.org - amazing site, check it out. they've even got all the old AD & D rpg's from the late 80's! brilliant!

rite now i'm re-experiencing the wonders of the Apple 2E machine from the early 80's via an apple emulator i found. brilliant games! taipan, rescue raiders, lode runner, everything!

off the top of me head, my top 5 games of all time (console & PC):

5. bladerunner (PC) truly unbelieveably immersive, i fell in love with one of the characters i tell ya! ahh crikeys i used to be a nerd
4. heroes 3 or 4 (PC) best turn-based fantasy game i've ever played. so much more challenging & strategic than flippin realtime games.
3. warlords 2 (PC) actually this is probably the best turn-based fantasy game i ever played, back in '96 or thereabouts. amazing.
2. doom (PC) only those who were teenagers when this game came out can realise just how massive it was. still haunts me, & along with castle wolfenstein it kick-started the first-person shooter revolution.
1. police quest 1, 2, & 3 (PC) simply the best adventure games ever made; sierra at their very best. hell i even read the bloody NOVEL based on the games! i WAS sonny bonds of the lytton police department i tell ya!

console:

5. GTA 3 (ps2) as others have said, better than vice city. nobody ever forgets the first time they played GTA 3. amazing.
4. morrowind (xbox) admittedly i haven't totally tasted all the delights of the xbox yet, but i played this game for a coupla hours at a mate's place & all i can say is - OH MA GAWD! basically the game every fantasy buff has been waiting for.
3. resident evil (PS). again, nobody ever forgets the first time they played resident evil. terrifying, brilliant, beautiful.
2. rock & roll racing (SNES) gameplay to die for & an amazing soundtrack.
1. too hard to choose. maybe super mario kart or alien 3 on the SNES. there was a game on sega master system called wonder boy or alex the kid or something which ruined my early youth. wish i could remember what it was called.

anyway, this is foxy the geek signing out!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:50 pm

Out of the old school games i love River Raid on Atari and California games (c64) and Mario Brothers on Nintendo is a classic. Space Invaders (Atari) is good but hard.

Out of the newer games i love most of the Fifa soccer games.

World Cup soccer is my favourite pin ball machine. Had plenty of fun playing that at Uni.

jlc

Birdy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:11 am

michael wrote:
Also Birdy - there is a 3rd party program out called MultiTheft Auto, that allows you to play online against other people Very Happy I havnt tried it out, but supposedly its great. more info @ http://mtavc.com/ Very Happy

Arrgghhh! Now I'll never be able to study for exams! Nah just kidding, thanks Michael, I'd never head of that before, but I've checked it out and it looks unreal. I'm not touching it until after exams though, these types of things can be highly addictive. Maybe we'll be able to have a game some time then, and anyone else who wants to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: