Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Only at Richmond?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see your point but i would NEVER intentionally spit at another person, let alone my beloved team! Some things cannot be blamed on immaturity. I'm only 3 years older then him, he should know the difference between right and wrong. I dont think he should be banned for life, but maybe a fine or something would be appropriate.

Think about the players that got spit on, how do you think they feel? It's only a game, no one deserves to be spat on no matter what the young supporter felt.

Last edited by PiesFan on Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:48 pm

Just who the hell are you adressing that outburst at, SD ?

I just read the topic again and noticed I@n, who started the thread, called this person a 'spitting moron'. One said 'pretty disgraceful' and one called him 'a putrid moron' A couple of posters called him 'worst of the worst' and 'filth of the filth'.

I also saw 'grubby little fool', 'filthy low act', 'dumb mistake' and agreeing his act was 'disgraceful and pathetic'. That was your post.

That's about the worst I could find. I also noticed Killbot, Cam, Alf, Jen, Eunos and I had somewhat different points of view.

One poster said 'and 'kick him out for good'. One.

Religious creatures ?? What's that inferring ? It's you doing the preaching, mate. Have an opinion, by all means, but there's no need for the sermon on the mount.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:50 pm

I totally agree mate.

There is no excuse as I have stated. Immaturity isnt an excuse either-perhaps a reason.

Again it's the punishment and soap box issues that annoy me. People make mistakes, and there are damn worse ones than what this kid did.

Life ban suggestions are moronic. If he repeated it then by all means look at that option. He didn't take a gun to a player or threaten to kill etc.

Dumb kid, let him learn, not string him up. That's how a successful society operates.

Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:51 pm

Fair enough Donny. I'll cop that. A touch of a rant from me but ah well.

Cheers

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:07 pm

My thoughts on a suitable penalty for the spitter:

NO FURTHER ACTION NECCESSARY.

The guy has been shamed on national television. And deservedly so. All his friends, family and acquaintences have seen what he did. And he's just got to wear it. For as long as people remember it.

As for assault charges ... I reckon that would be entirely up to whoever the gob landed on. It's not for us to demand assault charges. We are not the person or persons who've been spat upon.

The guy's a fool ... he's momentarily lost the plot, lost control ... and he's been been publicly shamed ...

JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE.

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:22 pm

What about the broken window of the corporate box? That smashed glass could have injured people sitting below it.

It is pretty low for a supporter to go to the level of spitting on his teams coach and players but iv seen the footage a few times and im undecided if he intentionally spat at them or it was a heat of the moment act of rage and was incidental.

I agree that we all make mistakes and 'life banning' from the ground and all games is a bit too much punishment for a heat of the moment act of rage.

Havn't you ever been extremely angry when we are playing that badly? Ever shouted out something abusive to a player on our team or the coach? No matter how good a supporter you are from time to time we get so angry at them and do things we wouldnt normally in the heat of the moment.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:59 pm

I think he should be banned, not for life, but a few weeks, just to show that the AFL will not tolerate that sort of thing at the game. At first with that bottle I thought a fan had thrown it (I misread a post about it somewhere else) What happened with the bottle? Wouldn't be very nice having a bottle come down on your head.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: