Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PROUD BUT DISSAPOINTED

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:00 pm
Post subject: PROUD BUT DISSAPOINTEDReply with quote

Well who is feelin like shit right now..well i am ! not many people seriously believed collingwood could beat essendon but i was pretty confident of collingwood beating the bombers hence the great dissapointment im feeling now.

Essendon did not win this game, instead collingwood lost it with costly errors early in the game but i guess with the young team we have assembled one has got to think they will learn from these mistakes i think they will learn...it's just so dissapointing playing well and not getting the 4 points it was a devastating feeling when the final siren went,but we must move on,football can be so bloody cruel at times,and yes we have improved a lot of us could see the improvement after round one when we narrowly went down to hawthorn.

And i like the way this collingwood team is delivering the ball up forward pure class to watch.And we are a top side the only bad game we have played so far this year was against richmond and we nearly won that one ! This side will make this years finals all we gotta do is start getting the 4 points.

And what about that mark of neon leon what a pisser good on you leon,i just bloody hope there is a big pic in tomorrows herald sun.

But amidst our dissapointment in the terraces we were proud no one gave us a bloody hope and collingwood confirmed to the football world that it has arrived,we are competitive at the highest level once again and it's a good feelin goin to the footy again, knowing that we are a good chance of winning.

But we must not be happy with getting close but 'no cigar' so to speak, we have got to start winning this is not a criticism but an expectation when following a top side.

But a bigger enemy awaits we have got to beat that carlton shit and i believe we will.

I hope we wipe the bastards of the MCG no mercy for them pricks!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've summed it up nicely. I'm suffering a bit of a post-match letdown. It's very cruel to know that we were the better side but couldn't get the points. And it just came down to really silly errors. Great players ... making terrible mistakes. Champions like Josh Fraser giving away two goals in the first quarter. How can such a supremely gifted footballer make mistakes like that?

One thing is clear today. Collingwood is capable of beating any team in the AFL. No exception.

But another thing is also clear. We will not be genuine contenders until we can start winning more than our share of those nail-biting matches. In the end those 8 points are the difference between a genuine contender and bunch of up-and-comers.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: