Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ryan Lonie wins rising star nomination

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:08 pm
Post subject: Ryan Lonie wins rising star nominationReply with quote

Ryan Lonie of Collingwood has won the Ansett AFL Rising Star nomination for Round four.

Lonie, 18, disposed of the ball 16 times and delivered it three times from defence on Friday night's match against Richmond. Having made a convincing start to the season during the Ansett Cup, Lonie has played all four home and away matches.

Drafted at No. 34 in the 2000 AFL National Draft, Lonie has shown himself to be a hard running, exciting, left-foot kick. Playing in the half-back he has regularly been sought out by his teammates to dispose of the ball.

A key player in the Victoria Metro team and a member of the AIS/AFL Academy, Lonie showed outstanding form last season with the Dandenong Stingrays.

Lonie's performance in Round four has confirmed his enormous potential, backed by his efforts in Round three against the Western Bulldogs, when he was also one of Collingwood's best players.

WELL DONE RYAN>

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved, though about 2 weeks late. At this stage I would think that he would be favored to take out the award. Early days yet , I know, but he really couldn’t have done much more as a rookie.
However I think all the Rookies are very lucky that Collingwood was able to squeeze those 6 extra games out of Josh last year to make him ineligible for the award this year. If Josh was eligible they'd have to close the count now
Well done Ryan

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 5:25 pm

all I can say it is about bloody time they selectors of the rising satr opened their eyes!

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:48 am

Well it's already been said, but worth saying again:  About bloody time!

The voters on this seem to pay less attention to reality on Lonie than Sheehan does on all things football.

Well done Ryan.

PS: How did you find out, magpie24?

Broadie
magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:51 am

It was on the AFL site on the right hand side any way i pasted what it said here.
GO PIES KICK SOME BOMBER ARSE......

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:10 am

The guy is pure class.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:06 pm

If we ever thought a successor to Nathan Buckley was a far cry from reality i think we should stop and herald a young champion in the making(dont want to mozz the bloke) I cant give the guy a big enough wrap after todays game against Essendon. Make Lucas look like a second rate fringe player and even was cheeky enough to kick a couple of goals. I never saw Buckley play at the same age as he came to the AFL as a mature 20 year old but geez i'd like to see how the two do compare at the same age. He is pure class....Will need to be given on ball duties eventually given his fitness and skill i so developed for someone so young...

Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: