Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TIME TO STAND UP COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've never voted so i was never on that bandwagon in the first place.
joffa there is not much point getting all pissed off about ppl who dont buy memberships, bandwagoners or deserters of whatever you would like to call them are always going to be a part of footy. collingwood is lucky they have a big group who DO buy memberships and when we start winning we will kick essendons arse on memberships, most of theirs are bandwagoners for obvious reasons. its teams like north melbourne who are basically already gone, they have had sucess very recently but for some reason no one wants to be bandwagoners for them, which has lead to their failure and if their sydney idea doesnt catch on soon then they will be the next fitzroy.
anyway point being collingwood are lucky to have bandwagoners, north dont. the only bad thing being when it comes to finals some of us miss out.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:41 am

well i just voted on the supporters choice award. f*ck i must be blind or something i didnt even see it b4 now.

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 7:05 am

I never saw the game, so I can't vote

PaulF 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:57 pm

I agree strongly with Mike. Joffa, you are a voice that can and does influence a great number of people. Coming from a business / management background I know that people do not respond well to threats. You can only obtain what you want out of people by making them feel a part of something and through positive reinforcement. I know that you want every Collingwood supporter to be passionate, to give everything for the club, in your words to "be in the trenches with the players". In reality not everyone can be like this. Calling these people bangwagoners and saying they do not deserve to be considered Collingwood people is in fact driving them away from what I think you really want. If we are to sign up more members and we are to attract more "hardcore" supporters then these are the people we should be focusing our energies on attracting. Joffa, instead of labelling people bandwagoners and downgrading their significance, use your voice to encourage these people to attend, to become a member, to sit with the cheer squad ..... make them feel a part of a Collingwood "family". Not everyone has the profile or the voice that you do. Choose what you say wisely .....

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:56 pm

Firstly I voted on the Supporter's Choice in the first round and fourth rounds - both losses. I have no idea why I voted on the losses but that is just how it ended up.

Secondly - some of the last couple of posts have been fantastic. If Collingwood is to attract more "hardcore" supporters help these supporters feel part of the club, don't shun!

That's all I really got to say. Except that Joffa I think you second last post was spot on (regarding people who don't support in bad times)...these are the people you should be worried about!

Finally, great posts - Mike and PaulF!

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:31 pm

It's natural for some supporters not to buy memberships after a run of bad seasons. Joffa, I think almost 30,000 members is a bloody good figure compared to other teams situations. It's 25% more than Carlton who were also more successful on field in the past few seasons.

Don't forget we only had about 20,000 members in 1990 we the Pies won the flag.

I'm a member and I go every week, but I know a few people who don't. They are often labelled part-timers and they totally agree. Different people have different priorities, and everyone has to be tolerant. Otherwise factions between supporters form, which achieves nothing.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:47 pm

Oh yeah, also:
We definetly weren't out-numbered on Friday night, and we usually always out number the opposition.

For some reason, you cannot hear the cheersquad when they are behind the goals, bottom deck of the southern stand at the G.
It's nothing to do with their volume because at colonial they are loud at hell.
So if the magpie members behind them can't hear the cheersquad, then the cheersquad probably can't hear all the support from the rest of the Collingwood fans.

I sit on the second deck, and I can assure you that when the Pies came back in the last quarter, the noise was deafening.

When I went to bed at night, my ears were ringing.
They next day, one of my mates (a Melb supporter) said he was listening to the game on the radio and he couldn't even hear the commentators at that stage because there were so many Collingwood fans yelling at full volume.

Compare that the piss weak response from Richmond, even at the end, when they actually won the game.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:02 pm

Dantheman - I totally agree. I was listening to the game on the radio and during the last quarter there were times where I couldn't hear the commentators. The crowd came alive!

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:35 pm

Very important to remember

Together we stand ! Divided we fall !

We need unity, as mentioned in Eddie's own words "3 Cheer squad factions" becoming one. With the inspiration of Joffa - it is growing from strength to strength. You can not deny what Joffa is trying to do. Joffa knows the big picture and that MEMBERSHIP is the LIFEBLOOD  of our great club. It also encompasses people turning up to our games and buying merchandise. I personally don't care too much how many people turn up to our away games (money don't come to us)- but I do when it comes to home games (we get the full quid).

Turn up and be Proud, Paid Up (many different types of memberships) and of course Passionate (especially if you are at the game...or even on Nick's Live Scoreboard LOL)

Joffa,
Don't change one bit and always tell it like it is !

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:37 am

I heard that the profits of Anzac Day will be split down the middle, so this is the AWAY match people need to turn upto.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:44 am

I believe we get none of the gate reciepts today, but we got last years and will get next years.
Do not forget that you need to buy merchandise directly from CFC. All clubs recieve 1/16th of total AFL badged merchindise. If you buy from the club then the profit from the wholesale to the retail price goes directly to CFC and not to some shop owner. This is the only way to maximise profit on merchandise.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:13 am

Black_White you are actually wrong on this. after Anzac Day last year it was agreed by Collingwood and Essendon to split the profits 50/50. If you don't believe me read yesterday's paper or even the afl site www.afl.com.au . About $120,000 will go into the equalisation fund.

CARN PIES!!! CYA ALL AT THE G!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 11:05 am

I'll take your word for that. My last reading of it was before last years game. Thanks for updating me.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: