Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TIME TO STAND UP COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. This is where I should have posted earlier. I stand by what I have said in the other posts, but I now see that I possibly jumped the gun. I have to say that "bandwagoners" is a term that I find quite offensive. Is there not a touch of prejudice in that term? Do we turn our backs on followers just because they're not as passionate as us? I hope not. Can we make judgements on people we have never met? We should not. Please don't mis-understand me. I just don't believe it's in the interest of the club to put down it's own, let alone other clubs supporters.

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:56 am

OK. This is where I should have posted earlier. I stand by what I have said in the other posts, but I now see that I possibly jumped the gun. I have to say that "bandwagoners" is a term that I find quite offensive. Is there not a touch of prejudice in that term? Do we turn our backs on followers just because they're not as passionate as us? I hope not. Can we make judgements on people we have never met? We should not. Please don't mis-understand me. I just don't believe it's in the interest of the club to put down it's own, let alone other clubs supporters.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:04 am

Okay I think I need to settle down on this topic.

Regarding abusing Essendon supporters on ANZAC DAY, I will make sure I will do that. Last year one of my best mates wanted to fight me cause I gave him shit on Anzac Day. I grabbed his Essendon hat which had a few badges and shit on it - while I was doing so one of them ripped off and we lost it. HAHA...he really cracked the shits with me.

I continually beat him in arguments with facts and usually he goes into submission. This is what we must do - blast Essendon back into submission. ANZAC DAY - THE DAY WE STAND UP!!

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 1:59 pm

Bulls**t Alf, I was in level 2 where I will always be because that is where my $385 seat is as well as everyone else along there and if you ask me I certainly thought it was fairly even. The only reason Richmond were louder was because they played better. It is fairly hard to be vocal when your side seems set out to want to turn the ball over all the time and poor disposal. Unfortunately I think I heard a lot more ooohs and aaahs. Not everyone can sit in the cheersquad or want to but I am sure that I am just as loud as anyone there so please don't have a crack at us paid up 'supporters' who choose to sit in a reserved seat for the year. My seat is directly above the cheersquad on level 2 and we were all joining in to the chants as much as possible.

Go Pies!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:33 pm

well i havent been on here for a while which is why i havent posted.
joel i know what ur saying about the public transport because i too have been there and done that and its frigging annoying as, though i now have my license so i dont have that problem this year. oh yeah and about ppl finishing yr 12, i finished it last year. and seeing as u are doing it now i presume you will be getting ur licence sometime soon so you wont have the train, bus problem anymore.
joffa, ur thing about ppl sitting in the pub saying what should be done being the same one who go to the car crashes, i reckon thats a bit extreme because i actually get those ppl out of the cars and i see the ppl who rubberneck and stop and look at the blood and the ones who get turned on by it are f*ckin seriously depraved and i dont think comparing them to ppl at the pub is very fair.
although i can see why u get pissed off at them cos they think they know it all and if u asked them whos is number 30 they probably wouldnt know.
the turn out at the G wasnt bad, it probably looked like there was more of them cos they were winning. it was pretty farkin loud down the ponny end.

f*ck! i cant believe we got within one point!
and all this about reality checks and stuff, well we will never be able to stop ppl saying they follow collingwood and not support them but we're not doing too badly membership wise anyway, clubs like st kilda and the bulldogs have a lot more to worry about than collingwood.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:56 pm

Calm down people your missing the point,this is not an attack on people who go to all collingwood games,or who or what is the loudest of groups amongst us so please stop getting emotional its a topic on why we are being outnumbered week after week.

The crutch of my argument is YES we are being outnumbered at most games that is evident.

I am tired of those who only go when they FEEL like it because i believe they are letting the rest of us down.

Lets define the meaning of bandwagoner...and if you get the feeling this describes yourself well tough titties..

A 'bandwagoner' is someone who will argue how much they love for arguments sake lets say collingwood,

These vile wretches will tell you everything wrong the club does
they dont bother going if it looks like rain or if our chance of winning appears to be zero or if they have something better to do'well according to them'

When exposed they will come at you with the most of bullshit excuses on why they cant commit on a weekly basis there support for our club.

But we have to be careful because like it or not bandwagoners carry wallets and there fickal financial support does help the club.

So what have we said wrong here well as far as i can see we have said nothing wrong,we are just pleading for all collingwood people to get together and join as one in our support for what we believe 'is and always' the greatest club on this earth.

Is it a crime to ask where have you gone ?

Lets not get our ego's in our way no one is saying oh boo hoo we are louder than you.

Lets be constructive and come up with reasonable opinions and suggestions on why we dont have the support we once did.

The club is getting there act together lets join them and get our act together.

Lets not let this become a war.

We are all collingwood family, like a family lets talk and try and solve this thing.

So lets chill out and not get emotional instead lets be constructive let it be our mission to get as many collingwood people back through the gates and lets all get behind OUR club.

go pies!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 4:36 pm

Joffa, please stop and think of the effect that your words might have.

Not everyone is in a position to go to the football. I'm not talking about country/interstate/international supporters, I'm talking about Melbourne people. Most people have other commitments, be they family, work... whatever. The best people can do is juggle their commitments and get to every match that is possible for them - and for some people that may be none. I'm not talking about bandwagoners, I'm talking about people, born with black and white blood, who give what they can give. That has to be enough, push them any further and you'll lose them.

Quote:
I am tired of those who only go when they FEEL like it because i believe they are letting the rest of us down.

That's a dangerous statement when you couple it with this one:
Quote:
When exposed they will come at you with the most of bullshit excuses on why they cant commit on a weekly basis there support for our club.

The reason that you're getting defensive answers in this thread is because people are giving what they can and are being judged for it and told that it's not enough - and that their 'excuses' are bullshit.

I make horrendous personal sacrifices for this Club, but I haven't been to a game for four years. I can't use the excuse of distance because that's only money, you just have to believe that it's impossible for me and by the same token you have to believe that it may be just as difficult for others. I don't know what sacrifices you make to do what you do, but by the same token you don't know and can't judge the sacrifices of others.

At the moment you are leading by example and doing a magnificent job of it, please don't go over the top and jeopardise all the good work that you've done.

JBJ 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 5:50 pm

OK, I've gotta support Joffa here, I understand exactly what he's trying to say.

For example, in the cheersquad there's a mother and her daughter who come every week by public transport from Colac, another family come each week from Traralgon. Now they're dedicated Collingwood SUPPORTERS. Like a previous person said, I've also got a $385 Captain's membership with a seat on the second tier, but would much rather sit with the rabid, noisy cheersquad and enjoy the fantastic atmosphere Joffa and Alf bring to the game each week, but I guess it's - to each his own.

BE LOUD - BE PROUD

JBJ
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 11:56 pm

I have felt like posting here before but felt it was becoming a bit of a "I'm a better Pie supporter than you" kind of gab fest.

I have empathy with both camps here, but its a free country (or was when I was last there). If you don't want to go to the football, thats your choice. If you do, thats fine too. We all have the right to make our own priorities in this life. I've met pies supporters in some weird places all over the world. Most of them probably what has been labeled 'bandwaggoners'. For example, there's nothing better than standing in front of the pyramids or some such place, and whilst everyone else there is going wow etc, I'm talking to some bloke I met 10 mins ago about what was Daicos' greatest goal etc. Its pretty cool, believe me. Finding a pies supporter in the middle of a foriegn land is like meeting a long lost brother or sister. The blurb on your posts is true Joffa.

I would figure Joffa, that you started this thread in the aftermath of our loss on Friday. I 'listened' here with a few other folks, and we were not exactly doing cyber cartwheels either. In fact, we were all pretty gutted, especially after getting so close. More gutted than after round 1.

The crowd was probably pretty quiet for qtrs 2 & 3 because they had nothing to shout about. I know Alf that you need to cheer louder when you're not doing so hot, but its human nature.
Perhap the reason you believed you were outnumbered is the bunch of opposition dorks who stood behind you shouting all night, with the acoustic advantages someone mentioned in a previous post.

You guys are starting on your journey to build the cheer squad. I'll just throw in a couple of dorklike thoughts before I disappear to tuck into my beans and chips!

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Losing a battle doesnt necessarily cost you the war!

Build it and they will come! (apoplogies to Kevin Costner, but its a nice thought)

If you want 'bandwaggoners' to come to the games each week, there needs to be a bandwagon to get them there.

Best of luck for Anzac day folks, as you take on and destroy the ultimate fair weather fairies, Essendon.

[This message has been edited by London Dave (edited 23 April 2001).]
eMmA 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:50 am

That was very funny london davo...ROFLMFAO.

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 3:20 am

Mike this is what im trying to say and i know its goin to shit a lot of people off so here goes.....

Over the last three years we have lost support, ok we have been doing well or just ok with memberships still i believe collingwood's membership should be 40.000 every year no if's no buts.

I am tired of meeting people who say they barrack for collingwood,
through my work i meet lots and lots of collingwood people and the sad thing is a great majority of them cant be bothered going anymore not because of financial problems but simply beacause collingwood are not a top side,i have even heard these people say they wont get memberships until they are convinced that collingwood are potentially are finals side again.

I no longer have time for these people next time anyone meets one of them just have a listen to them
they do nothing but bag the shit out of the club they are negative smart arses and im sick of them,they have deserted us in bad times but these vile wretches will jump and down pronouncing there all time love for collingwood when collingwood comes good again and looks to be a genuine finals side.

I challenge these people to have a good look at themselves and put there money where there mouth is or bugger off and let the real collingwood people get on with the job.

A majority of people on this board and other related collingwood bulletin boards are genuine collingwood lovers but im afraid from time to time when you read between the lines of others who post on such boards they expose themselves to be nothing but bandwagoners who just want to put our club down at every oppertunity they get.

This is not an attack on collingwood people who either through hardship or other personal problems which will not allow them to attend games.
It is rather an attack on those vile wretches who refuse to go back to collingwood until collingwood start to improve.
in finishing i will use a very strong word to desribe these people 'DESERTERS'

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 3:34 am

LOL im back...

Why is it now i feel like a prick after posting this stuff,
Is it no longer required to speak from the heart and to be honest and lay all your cards on the table or have we become that obsessed with political corectness that when some one challenges something we are made to feel bad.

well im outa here for a while...LOL

I have suspended my self for 48 hours...LOL

GO PIES.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 3:56 am

Joffa, I would be the last person to try and stop you speaking from the heart. I've said it before and it's still true, I'm very envious of your ability to convey your passion in almost every word you write.

This is not about political correctness, this is about damaging the true believers. I'm on your side, believe it or not, I don't like those people who suddenly realise that they are Collingwood people after we've had a bit of success any more than you do. But it's counter productive to rant at them because, firstly, they're probably not here to read your rant, and secondly, if they are it's not going to affect them because they don't feel the way you do. You can't shame someone into doing something they don't really believe in.

There are people on this board, true believers, who are already feeling defensive because they are told from time to time that if they are not members then they really don't belong. You've seen it, we've all seen it - blanket statements made with no regard for the variations in peoples personal circumstances.

It's these people, and I'm one of them, who are reading your posts and taking them personally and these are the people that I'm concerned about.

I know everything in life should be black and white (pun intended), but in reality there are shades of grey.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:18 am

Well, I might be wrong - the bandwagoners might be here.

I just looked at the votes on the Supporter's Choice Award. This time last week 60 people had voted. So far this week we've had 10.

The poll is shown on three different sites, so it's not only the people using this site that have suddenly become blasé.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:28 am

I voted yesterday Im no bandwagoner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: