Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TIME TO STAND UP COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa mate I hate to say this but you have offended me. I'm not a follower - I'm a leader. Secondly, I wish you read my post because then you may understand the situation some of us are in. I'm getting really frustrated here, I might give up posting to these boards soon. I'm really disenchantered with the whole thing.

Joffa please understand.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:01 pm

Please people get a grip im not directing this post to collingwood supporters who live in the country or interstate for gods sake...

Just let me tell ya what my weekends are,now before i tell ya im not looking for gold medals or a pat on the back but i just want you to know where i stand.I live in cranbourne which aint around the corner from the MCG or COLONIAL i work a 9 hour night shift on friday and sat nights 11pm till 8am sometimes when we play friday nights i dont get much sleep prior to that game and when the game is over im stuffed and i mean stuffed and then its a race back to cranny to start work and dont finish till 8am the following morning the same applies to saturday games and i know of other collingwood supporters who do the same thing,how easy would it be for us suchlikes to become followers but NO we have made our committment to SUPPORT the collingwood football club and it's what we shall do and as far as i can see that gives us every bloody right to give all the followers of the collingwood football club a well deserved kick up the arse !!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:04 pm

If I have alot of homwework I do upto 30 hours of homework on weekends. Think I have any time left over after working a few hours? I got up at 7.30 today, started homework at 8 am worked through till lunch had a break worked through till about 8.00 (minus a couple of breaks to do some work for a friend), and in a minute I will go do some more homework till about 11.30. This year I have had to cut back majorly on social crap..kinda sux but I will deal with it.

Getting off the track a bit but how many people finished too year 12? I have made a committment to do the best I can at school and this comes first and foremost over football.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 21 April 2001).]
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:56 pm

You didn't read what I said joffa, I never said you were attacking the club. I said you were attacking the supporters. To say people that don't go to the games arn't Collingwood supporters is just plain silly. Nobody has a duty to go. My girlfriend's grandmother is criticically ill in hospital, as well as that her brother is getting married in a fortnight so thats keeping her busy so this season she has only got to one game. What you say is huge disrespect to her. The only duty she has is to her family, she owes the club nothing. She is Collingwood through and through and for you to say such nonsense makes me mad. Usually what you say doesn't bother me but today it does.I'm sorry if it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight, I'm not, you've just hit a nerve. For the record the game I missed this season was due to a family committment joffa, I'm sorry we can't map our lives around a footy fixture. We love the footy but becuase of things out of our control we can't always get there, please try to remember that.

Rhain07 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:18 pm

FRADAM LAY OFF JOFFA!!!! I would like to see you support Collingwood like he does. Go to all the Social Functions, Trainings, Banner Makings, Dinners, Every game, Lead the Cheersquad and all that. You should be proud of him. Joffa and Alf made us at least some type of crowd in Friday Night. I bet you wouldn't have the courage to yell the shit out of the Richmond fans when they are up by 33 points! I bet you wouldn't have the will to keep on chanting when we are basically out of the game. Respect Joffa like you do our players! Joffa is what gives our club the name it has! 'The Dirtiest Cheersquad'
That isn't because it is bad! It is named the worst cheersquad because it F*CKS the other clubs off the most! WE ARE COLLINGWOOD AND WE WILL KEEP ON FIGHTING AND FIGHTING UNTIL WE GET THAT PRECIOUS FLAG!!!!! GO PIES!!!!!

Keep on chanting!!!

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:35 pm

Rhain I never criticised joffa about anything he does with the cheer squad. I live in bendigo so being in the cheer squad is not an option nor is going to training or social functions or anything like that. I criticised joffa for saying that collingwood supporters that dont go to the games arnt really collingwood supporters, I never said anything about the cheer squad. As for courage well at the scg when plugger kicked his 1300th I walked right through the middle of the sydney cheer squad hurling jibes on my way out to see what those ferals were like so don't question my courage. Let me tell you they don't have comebacks nor a sense of humour. Back to my point, not criticising the cheer aquad or joffas role in it, just that one remark he said ok.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:45 pm

Let's climb down from the high-horses for a minute. Every Magpie supporter who wants to go to the footy and can - will. You can't change that by ranting at people that don't go Joffa, but you, ahead of anyone else I know, can change the non-goers into goers just by doing what you do. God knows how many people were at the footy yesterday because of the inspirational change in the cheer squad this season and the obvious flow on to the rest of the magpie crowd.

As I said last week, I have never felt so far away as when I was watching the crowd during the bulldogs game. That atmosphere was irresistable and I wanted to be a part of it, but couldn't for obvious reasons. It's that Collingwood feeling that will bring the crowds back and you guys remind us every week just what that is and what we're missing. Just keep that going and watch the results.

You're doing it right - stick with it.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:46 pm

FRADAM

I hope your girlfriends grandmother gets better i wish her all the best.

MAGS this is not a fight get with it mate, this has been something that has had to be said for a couple of years now,and if it shames just one collingwood follower in going back to the terraces to support collingwood well it will be good stuff.

Anyhow i have finished with what i wanted to say it's time for collingwood supporters to regroup and stick it up those essendon pricks, go pies.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:54 pm

Well I'm cool with that, I don't have anything more to say either .I could complain about the price of jumpers $100 it cost be to buy the new jumper. I thought was time I got the new one, Daicos has long since retired, better put 20 on the back of it, I think he can play a little bit that number 20....plus he played for the Bendigo Pioneers who are on top in the TAC Cup, yipee!!!!. I hope they bring the old collingwood jumper back next season, maybe use our new one as an away jumper.

Joffa maybe you couldve abused the guy in the merchandise van who sold it for $100 bucks, with you in tow I might have got him down to $60

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:39 pm

Joffa my fellow Collingwood brother i hear you loud and clear. Im sure when Collingwood return to the finals these "supporters" will find time to go to the football and these excuses will take a back seat.

I was at the Collingwood Richmond game and sat in the Ponsford Stand with the Outer Cheersquad. To be honest i forgot we had an Official Cheersquad. The whole point of being in a cheersquad is to cheer for the whole game. If you still have your voice at the end of the game well that just means you havnt cheered loud enough.

Collingwood supporters used to be hated by all other opposition clubs. This is because we were loud and never shut up during a game. Now thanks to this new "breed" of supporter we are slowly becoming a laughing stock.

Joffa is working his arse off trying to make Collingwoods cheersquad the best in the AFL. However Joffa only has once and needs support from other members of the cheersquad. Its about time these supporters stood up and were counted. Collingwood is starting on an exciting journey and we dont want to be held back by negative bandwagon and worst of all quiet supporters. If you want to miss games and not cheer well i have a club for you, its called "Melbourne".

Well this Wednesday is ANZAC day, and therefore i realise we will be outnumbered as we are expected to lose. But i challenge all Collingwood supporters to abuse an Essendon supporter win lose or draw. Lets face it Essendon supporters are arrogant and opinionated. For once in your lives stand up and be counted and dont be ashamed to say you barrack for Collingwood. Stand up and yell and scream for the whole game. For once give our players some support. They are a young team and we need to show them we are behind them win lose or draw.

Joffa i will see you at Cricketers Pub Wednesday. Hopefully i will see some fellow magpie supporters there representing our club.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 5:50 pm

I love that stuff about walking through a herd of Sydney supporters! priceless

Living in Brisbane I also have to put up with the rent-a-crowd rugby types at the Gabba each time we play, which sadly isn't this year. Last year I sat next to a Fitzroy supporter and felt momentarily sad for him, then cheered long and loud all day. I can't wait to feel the atmosphere and scream at the MCG against Carlscum.

MagpieMark

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 6:42 pm

A UNITED voice is the LOUDEST voice. Lets stop the bickering and get on with supporting the team. If some people can't get to a game, fine. Those who can should go instead of watching it on TV.
Having been to all of the games this year, I don't think that we have been outnumbered in supporters. Broke even with the Dawks and Bitchmond, whilst the doggies had that f....n stupid Woofa on the loud speakers. Freo had 2 people there.
Let's just stop arguing about who's the bigger or better supporter coz there is no answer. We are all Magpie supporters which makes us all equally great!!!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 6:52 pm

As a tribute to ANZAC day, and to honour our Magpie players and supporters, I will abuse at least 3 Essenscum fans!
Please all Collingwood FAMILY, stop this bickering and direct your anger towards those most deserving.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:44 am

Now lets hold the bloody phone for one minute i have just got in from work and all night this paticular subject has been bothering the shit out of me.How can things change if we are not prepared to talk and discuss and exchange opinions isnt that the very essence of a society!

Where would we be if the quick answer would be to bury your head in a bucket of sand. what would progress be like if that was our only solution.

I know that in certain circles i get laughed at because some people think that im at times way overboard and therefor some of the things i post are dismised as 'well listen to joffa now god he's a goose'well thats fine i can live with that i have absolutely no problems with that at all.

To say lets stop the bickering and support the collingwood football club is very well meaning and i appreciate that, but that is not going to solve something which is killing a lot of us and that is we are not getting enough collingwood people to our games.

I didnt want this subject to be a bitch fight on who can and who cant get to games that was not the point in posting this subject

If we call ourselves collingwood people well as far as im concerned we must feel obligated to go and support collingwood now please give me a break if your from interstate or 5 hours away from melbourne 'chill out'

For the last two to three years i have met so many collingwood people who proudly say they follow collingwood but dont go, for instance the conversation will go something like this,hey what team do you barrack for bro" i go for collingwood man,shit fair dinkum hey did you see malloy's goal"yeah it was good hey,shit where did you sit dude"oh i saw it on telly i dont go much anymore........

So can you see what im saying the only reason these people dont go anymore is because we havn't been winning that often, and these same people will bag the club the coach and the players at every chance they get and im sick of it and im not scared to say so, infact i feel very strongly with what i am saying!!

This is one of the most exciting times at collingwood right now
we are going to win games and sure we are going to lose games but im pleading with all you collingwood people who no longer go PLEASE come back and be a part of this very exciting period.

Seriously remember the game at the MCG last year i think or maybe it could of been the year before when we played adelaide
we were out supported at our home ground against an interstate team i can tell yous a lot of us that day sat with our heads in our hands wondering what the bloody hell was happening and it told me a lot of things and it was a lot of things not good.

Lets be proud to be collingwood for the simple reason for being collingwood not where the ladder has us,can you please see where im coming from here.

Fridays game against richmond was our home game a week after one of our best wins in ages and still we were outnumbered and a lot of us are bloody angry it sure has become a talking point with a lot of collingwood people at quarter time breaks out side having a smoke.

And sadly it has been a talking point for a few years now !!

and we will be outnumbered on wednesday against essendon so please wish us all the best for once again we will be in the terraces going crazy over the greatest team god put on this earth
WIN LOSE OR DRAW and i can tell ya with all the shit we have copped from essenscum supporters over the years if we win this one it will be similar to the 1990 celebrations.

COLLINGWOOD 4 EVER COLLINGWOOD.

FOOTNOTE...LOL
I have said my piece
as far as im concerned end of subject.

djp 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:46 am

I have been a passionate supporter for nealy 40 years .It is not possible to go to every game & i dont agree that you have to go too every game to call yourself a woodsman.3 hour drive with 3 young Kids & getting home at 1.30am is not that easy when you work the next day.
I was amazed at the amount of yellow getting waved about but the amount of noise the pie supporters made especialy the first couple of goals was realy supprising concidering the crowd looked all Richmond.
The real problem as i see it is the cheer squad must get more people in there area . I was in the Ponsford stand down the bottom and was disgusted & saddend to see those PRICKS standing behind Joffas mob having more voice than us. I am a country member What seats do you need to reserve to be closer to the cheer squad

Go Pies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: