Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TIME TO STAND UP COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 7:53 pm
Post subject: TIME TO STAND UP COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE !!Reply with quote

Wisdom tells me not to post when your angry and somehow tomorrow morning i will wish i hadn't say anything.......But its time collingwood people to get behind this club and bloody well support it,im sick and tired of this great club being out supported each and every week and to be honest it's really starting to hurt those who go week in week out,shit tonite i reckon we would of been lucky to have had 25,000 pie fans and the total attendance was something like 78,000 fans.

Our president when first elected made a famous quote and it goes like this,DO NOT ASK WHAT COLLINGWOOD CAN DO FOR YOU BUT INSTEAD ASK THIS,WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR COLLINGWOOD well let us fans who go week in and week out be a bit more brutal...get of your bloody arses for gods sake and help us support this club.

Collingwood people who dont go and support this great club have no right whatsoever to call themselves collingwood people im sorry but it's as simple as that.

So next time when your doing whatever when collingwood are playing give a thought of your collingwood brothers and sisters who consider it there weekly duty to be in the trenches getting dirty so to speak as they cheer and barrack for your club and our club.

If this post offends anyone well so be it cause i couldn't give a rats arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Joffa. It was hard to believe that was a home game tonight. The whole ground just seemed to be wall-to-wall yellow and black. Sitting in the cheer squad, it almost felt like we were at an interstate venue.

It seems like whenever we play another Victorian club we are in the minority.

WTF is going on?

Does it mean that Collingwood's legendary army of supporters is now just a myth.

HEY, WAKE UP, COLLINGWOOD FANS. WE'VE GOT A BLOODY GOOD TEAM OUT THERE REPRESENTING US. THEY ARE WORTHY OF A LOT MORE RESPECT AND SUPPORT THAN THEY'RE GETTING. THEY'VE GOT REAL CHARACTER, THESE PLAYERS. TONIGHT THEY GOT THEIR ARSES KICKED ... BUT THEY STILL MANAGED TO GET BACK WITHIN A POINT AND GIVE US SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT.

I'm pretty sad and pissed off about the result tonight. But I feel privileged to have been there and experienced the lows, the highs ... and then the lows again ... of tonight's roller-coaster ride against Richmond. But the really sad thing for me is that Richmond seem to have a lot more supporters on their journey than we've got on ours. And they're not band-wagonners either. Their club's recent record is almost as bad as ours. It really hurts to have to admit that we had our arses kicked tonight, both on AND off the field.

**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:32 am

I guess that's what a 10 year period without much success causes! A decline in supporters...

Go PIES 2001

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 3:01 am

Im goin to dispute that YTRY4 are we followers or supporters hence the meaning of the two different words.
A club follower is the wretch who at parties or in a pub will tell you how much he loves his club but is generally full of shit.

The supporter is the one who will get shafted by the follower when his or her club starts winning and becomes super competitive again.

Im proud of our supporters who have stuck by collingwood in the ten year period you talk about and i have nothing but contempt for those followers who have deserted us but then again what else would you expect in a society where a lot of people are hanging for that free ride and unwilling to do the hard miles.

You see following a club that has been down for sometime kind of explains ones character the strong will stay and the piss weak will move on.

I will not subscribe to the theory that its acceptable for a institution like collingwood to lose support simply because it has been down for sometime,the theory i subscribe to is this, if your collingwood your collingwood for life no if's no buts,no maybes,no we'll see how we go next year...and so on and so on

But then again history will show that small army's can achieve big victories.The weak minded will ponder the strong minded become greater and so on and so on...

Give me a battlefield without trees and i will show you only the strong.For it is the weak who will drop from the trees when the battle is won.

joffa...LOL im outa here

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:00 am

Don't forget it was a Richmond home game.

Joffa, the support is still there. People are just sick of wasting money on a side of non performers. This will change, but it takes time. The truth is ALL clubs have supporters that are bandwagoners, but as earlier stated..Ten years without success and no finals in 7 years can start to do this sort of thing.

Rhain07 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:49 am

Yes it was a very sad night last night. I was stunned to see so much black and yellow all over the ground! We should be the club that stands out! Collingwood has been around for more than 100 years now and it seems that many supporters seem to think if we lose they don't come! That is the bloody point! If we lose that is the more reason to come! To get behind our club and support them to great victories! We beat the Bulldogs by 72 points last week and that was our best win for over a year, I would have expected a much better turn up with all the hype at the club! I think we all need to stand up and keep cheering and cheering, and you know what? We will start winning more and more games. All the Collingwood fans will flock back to the G and we will be the club with the dominent colours again! I was very impressed with Alf's never die attitude last night and Joffa great chant leading. That was my first time in the cheer squad and it gave me a great new experience. Anyway time to move on. Essendon is next on Wednesday, I would like to see 50 000 pie supporters there! I think we have a good chance against Essendon, seeing we are always pumped on the day!!!!! GO PIES!!!!!!!!

Keep on chanting!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 10:55 am

This is all depressing. Can we stop talking about WE SHOULD be the best supported club. REALITY - WE HAVE WON 1 PREMIERSHIP in 43 Years!!! REALITY - We have not been in the finals for 7 years. REALITY - Richmond have had the wood on us for the last few years. REALITY - It was a Richmond home game. REALITY - Just because a supporter isn't there doesn't make them a bandwagoner.

I support the view that there "could" have been more pie supporters there...but it is all part of sport - support does decrease at times, it is natural for a person to become interested when a team is winning (it makes you feel good) and to be disinterested when they lose (makes you feel bad). However as we begin to win more our support will be there. I don't care if they are bandwagon supporters at least they will be there. And lastly REALITY - There ain't as many hardcore supporters as you think.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 11:14 am

joel - it was a collingwood home game. and if someone doesn't turn up every week they're not a supporter. it's my belief that collingwood is special because we DO have a core group of about 20,000 supporters, who turn up nearly every week. that's why, when we've lost 10 in a row, we still get about 30,000 to a match. we never really drop below 30,000 (except against an interstate team). trust me, if the tigers lost last night, half the tiger supporters that were there last night wouldn't be there next week. but i haven't missed a match for years and i've never seen us as outnumbered as we were last night. the tigers are pure bandwagon. if the tigers lose about 3 in a row, the 'tiger army' doesn't even exist.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 11:42 am

Joffa settle down mate, who cares if there are more opposition supporters at the game, all that matters is that you go to the footy and enjoy it. Stop talking about trenches and stuff, it's not war joffa, it's a game, it's fun. You saying that Collingwood people that dont turn up are not Collingwood people is rubbish. I am a country member, it's a 4 hour round trip for me to go but I go when I can so last night I got home at 1:30am. I say if you pay up and buy a membership and don't go that's ok with me, your still making a contrabution to the club. It's not a duty to go to the footy, it's a luxury so stop all your theatrical rubbish and just enjoy football for what it is, a game and a fun game at that.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 11:55 am

exactly and u know what sh!ts me more when people try claiming that im not a real supporter ok so i support a few other clubs too but i make it clear that Pies r my number 1 club and if i am constantly down at this club for training, ressies, seniors, club functions, spending numerous amounts of time and money on this club who the fu@k is some bloody armchair supporter to tell me im no real supporter!!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:05 pm

Joel,

I think your perception that it was a Richmond home game really just makes the whole thing even more poignant.

I think the reason you thought it was a Richmond home game was because it really felt as if it WAS a Richmond home game.

So what does that say about our supporters?

Level 2 of the Southern Stand would have been almost exclusively Collingwood supporters. And they didn't give a yelp until half-way through the last quarter. Instead, it was left to a hundred or so Cheer Squad members to take on the entire Richmond crowd. Honestly, it was like being at Football Park.

I would say, to those who weren't there ... bloody-well start turning up.

And to those who were there but kept quiet all night ... STOP BEING SPECTATORS ON LIFE. REALISE THAT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE TERRACES IS EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT AS WHAT HAPPENS ON THE FIELD. YOU ARE NOT THERE JUST TO WATCH THE BLOODY GAME, WITH YOUR RADIO HEADPHONES AND YOUR REX HUNT COMMENTARY. YOU ARE PART OF THE GAME. YOU ARE PART OF THE SPECTACLE. GOING TO THE FOOTY IS A BLOODY PERFORMANCE.

YOU ARE THE BLOODY GAME.
WHETHER YOU LIKE IT NOT.
WHETHER YOU REALISE IT OR NOT.

WHEN YOU TAKE UP SPACE AT THE FOOTY IN YOUR BLACK AND WHITE GEAR, YOU ARE REPRESENTING COLLINGWOOD.

Sorry about all the capital letters ... but I feel pretty strongly about this sort of stuff. I'm on my soap-box.

**floreat pica**

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:07 pm

Oh by the way Joffa in the Reality check forum you said this

"The other 'reality' is REAL collingwood people dont go bagging the shit out of there club unless of course youre a social desperado who for some reason feels the need to be heard."

I think you just described yourself since you bagged the Collingwood people in this forum. Your a hypocrit.

the prez 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:15 pm

To everyone bemoaning the lack of apparent support for the Pies against the Tiges,I don't think you're on the money there.I thought we had as many Collingwood fans as Bitchmond but it seemed the opposite cause they were scoring goals and geeing up their supporters to make noise and wave flags,etc while we were doing nothing but turning the ball over amid scoring 1 goal a qtr for half the game.Supporters start making noise when they're team does something to get excited about.Up to 3 qtr time what had Collingwood done to get excited about?The last qtr the MCG came alive when the Pies came alive and as such so did our supporters.Don't think that just because some supporters were a bit quiet that we werem't there.We were there but we were also farkin bored and pissed off with the way the boys were playing.Would you have us cheering a fantastic turnover.Or worse a Bitchmond goal.Hell no.I thought the cheersquad tried hard all night to get the crowd firing throughout the game but it seemed a fruitless task as the Pies were going nowhere at the time.Also I thought the roars in the last qtr when the Pies were storming was much louder than the Tigers which IMHO shows who had the most support at the game even if it wasn't often obvious to some.

GO WOODS

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:19 pm

First of all I didn't mean to say it was a Richmond home game, that was a mistake. Emotional writing.

All this is CRAP!!! Don't EVER TELL ME I am not a supporter just because I can't get to the bloody game. Just because I have to work my ****ing guts off to do the best I can at school (Year 12), work casually and I have SHIT ALL MONEY. How the hell can I afford to go week in week out? Then on top of this I must also travel roughly a four hour round trip to get there and back.

Something I cannot make it Friday nights and on weekends homework prohibits it(sometimes). Just in case you didn't know, us supporters who live outside Melbourne have jack shit transport and the buses basically stop after 6pm. But I suppose we could walk!! (Sorry if I'm putting anyone off here but some of you guys truly have NO IDEA on what it is like for some supporters and the troubles they must goto to get to a game). It's not a simple as jumping in the car and taking a 15-45 mind drive to the game. While this does not mean more supporters shouldn't turn up, some people just can't.

Now, I agree totally with a previous comment - "its only a game" guys. We love the game but for some supporters there is a point where you must draw the line on how much time and money you can commit to a sport or club when what you may receive in return is nothing.

I can now understand why there is division among supporters at clubs (especially at Collingwood in the past) because if you don't go week in week out you are a bandwagoner. Well why should they go if they are going to be labelled bandwagoners? (sorry Joffa but sometimes I have to disagree) People can support a club just...listen to me I sat by the radio shaking last night in the last quarter because we were fighting back (but that doesn't matter it is how much money or time you contribute that matters...NOT).

What is the point if the feeling you are going to get is one of guilt in not turning up everyweek - this is what is pushing many Collingwood and AFL fans in a broader sense away from the game. I think in the end people have to forget that some people won't turn up when we are losing, you can't help that it's natural and sometimes subconcious.

Again, sorry if I put any people off here but some of you need a reality check. It's not so easy

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 21 April 2001).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:40 pm

FRADAM

WRONG MY FRIEND im not bagging the collingwood football club im not one of those social desperado misfits who wants to be heard speaking bullshit thinking i should be match committe and coach
but let me tell you this FRADAM and i will say it one more time and the last time, i somehow get the feeling you want a stoush well i aint giving you one my friend infact i will point out again that followers of this club have got to have a long and hard bloody look at themselves to just follow collingwood is bullshit one has to support collingwood hence the meaning of support.

How sad and pathetic to think we have followers who think they can pontificate over all matters concerning collingwood you know the type never go to a game sit back in a pub and tell the whole world what has to be done to get back to being a top side again
these are the same wretches you will find at car accident scenes
telling other ghouls that something has do be done to reduce the road toll whilst being turned on by the twisted wreck and bodies.

You see FRADAM myself and many other supporters can talk cause we are there every bloody week and it sure is disturbing at the lack of support we are getting to the games infact to the real supporter it's heartbreaking,to sit at the MCG or COLONIAL and be outcheered and out numbered by the opposition on a weekly basis is a bloody disgrace.

In closing for the last time on this subject i say its a reality check for all collingwood followers i say i dare you to change your ways,i dare you to become a supporter,i dare to you to put collingwood first and i dare you to become loyal!!

Supporting collingwood is one of lifes greatest pleasures and i consider it to be an honor and you bloody bet it's like being in a bloody war zone supporting collingwood only true collingwood supporters will know what it's like in the terraces week after week.

ANY WAY AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE STUFF I HAVE POSTED SHOULDN'T OFFEND COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS BUT I CAN BLOODY SEE WHY IT'S OFFENDING THE COLLINGWOOD FOLLOWERS........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: