Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Guess who won't be playing Anzac Day?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 5:52 pm
Post subject: Guess who won't be playing Anzac Day?Reply with quote

I've just seen the incident in which Malloy was reported. Unfortunately he can expect a holiday as he made the mistake of leaving the ground when he effected the bump.
the judicary do not take kindly to bumps with feet off the ground, and his feet must have been 60 centimetres (2 feet for the old codgers on the forum) off the turf at point of contact.
Doesn't look good.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 7:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well being in the cheer squad, we were right behind the incident and it was bloody soft if he goes it's a disgrace but then again i must remember the game is now run by sheilas !!
Keep playing tough jarrod we wouldn't want you any other way,even if it does upset the basketball loving wankers who seem to find it insulting at watching men play hard.

FOOTNOTE if jarrod goes the richmond prick he tapped should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute'i have never seen such a fine acting performance ever on a football field'.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 7:53 pm

I knew he'd go a row of shit-houses as soon as I saw it. Not that there was anything wrong with it. It was a glorious bump that would have been considered damn good form 20 or 30 years ago. As soon as it happened I leapt to my feet and applauded. It was pretty to watch. But I knew he'd go. Footy's like that these days. I suppose if a nancy boy like Lloyd gets 1 match, a genuine tough guy like Molly will probably get 2.

We'll miss him too. I reckon he was our best tonight, and would have to very high up in the Copeland votes at this stage. I'm sure it won't affect his approach to his game. I'm sure when he comes back he'll be as mean and nasty as ever.

Great game, Molly. We all look forward to your return ... about Round 7.

**floreat pica**

the prez 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 8:42 pm

Well given that there were a whole heap of charging incidents dismissed on the same night only a few weeks ago I'm not convinced he'll necessarily go.In my mind that was the best hip & shoulder properly executed I have seen in years.Apart from the feet off the ground it was almost text book.The charging rule at the moment has a lot of grey areas and as contact was made by the hip and the arm was tucked away,I think a successful case can be argued.After all the hip & shoulder is still legal and to say his feet were off the ground isn't a good enough excuse to suspend him.I think he'll get off.And if he doesn't hopefully he'll use the time off to work on his kicking for goal which again last nite was awful and its becoming costly.Alf I can't agree he was BOG.While he was competitive and lively he didn't have much impact on the game as last week.I thought our backline were BOG.Particularly Richo,Wakelin & Lonie.Special mention to Tarks,Johno,Obree,Josh and Rintoul.Nick Davis is fast returning to form.Should get back Steiner & Stunner for Boxing Day.

GO WOODS

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:29 am

No Prez,

HE WILL go! If he pleads guilty, he'll get 1-2 weeks, and if he pleads not guilty, he'll cop a 4 week penalty. Not that I agree with that, it's just that he is a 'tough guy' and not a 'soft guy' like Lloyd...

Go PIES 2001

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:44 am

No Problem with the arm tucked in etc., but the feet lost contact with the ground. The powers to be consider that "reckless". I think 2-3.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 7:56 am

The charging rule is pathetic. I reckon they scrap all the bs and just leave it as if they raise their arm. What is wrong with a bump?

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 11:45 am

Gee wot a surprise yet another one of Collingwoods biggest guns out for Anzac Day through suspension now im not sure on this but wasnt Anthony outed for last years Anzac clash too?

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:22 pm

You're right, Spidey.

Anthony Rocca copped two matches for a bullshit striking charge against the Western Bullshit in Round 5 and missed the Round 6 game against the Wankeroos and the Round 7 Anzac Day game against Essendon. It was the turning point in our season, and a turning point in Anthony Rocca's career. He hasn't been the same player since.

There's no way Molly will lose the plot over this. He'll do his time and come back tougher than ever. I just wish Anthony Rocca could recapture the ATTITUDE that he had prior to that bullshit suspension.

**floreat pica**

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:04 am

BOG To Josh Frazer without a doubt.........

Louis

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:18 pm

If Moorcroft can only get a week for a deliberate hit and softco*k Lloyd only gets a week for a forearm to the head then Molly should only get a week at the most. Another thing to keep in mind is have another look at the replay. You'll see Gaspar's legs bend therefore he was falling. Wishful thinking for me I feel. Oh well. If he gets anymore than 1 than it just shows how ridiculous and inconsistent the tribunal reaaly is.

Go Pies!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:36 pm

i reckon he will be getting a holiday too, which is a bummer cos he would have been a real farkin asset against the bombers. well if carlton can beat em with their good players out we have half a chance.

JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:48 am

Sorry just testing. Tried to test on the Test Forum and it wouldn't let me.

JBJ
JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:49 am

JBJ
JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:50 am

JBJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: