Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who'll be stepping up in 2004?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merolz 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:29 am
Post subject: Who'll be stepping up in 2004?Reply with quote

I'm a new arrival to Nick's, and interested to hear opinions on which player is going shift up a couple of gears this year? Dids, Josh, Rhyce?
[/b]
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the most vital question as far as this season goes.
AS far as the players you mention, all of the above.
I think Leon might be the surprise packet this year if played in the midfield/backfl.
We need at least one or 2 of Walker, Cam Cloke or (dare I say) Kinnear to step up as reliable big men. A good opportunity in the first few games to trial McKee as a key defender or even forward pocket maybe - his strength might be an asset against the Banes.
Also must have a couple of 2nd/3rd year midfielders step up - maybe Nixon? And hopefully Cole will progress to a winning/star midfielder this year. I still haven't given up on McGough if he gets over OP. One of these new Shaws emerging this season would be a great extra bonus.
If quite a few of these come up we should be a very strong side - if not then might be struggling obviously.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:42 am

Richard Cole.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:52 am

Richard Cole will most deffinately be the stand out. He has had a few seasons to work out what its all about now and I reckon this might be the year where he really delivers something.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:57 pm

Didak should step up, he kicked 36 goals last year and should kick over 40 this year.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:28 pm

Well I hope for Fraser, Didak & Cole to all step up but the player I want to play a key role in season 2004 is Mark McGough. Goughy is a vital player to the team and an free up the Woewodin's, Davis' and so on.
merolz 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:56 pm

McGough would have to learn not to turn it over first. I don't like bagging one of our own, but no player has made me yell in anguish like McGough since Jason Wild.
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:46 pm

im waiting for ben kinnear to step up but ive been waiting for that for 5 years
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:17 pm

GO RUPERT 10 wrote:

exactly, he's been on the list as long as Tarrant and has not even played 50 games yet. I still cannot believe he was signed for another two at the end of last season, but hopefully he proves us all wrong and has a great season.

Also Im hoping Didak will get a bit more game time this year and he shows us all why we didn't trade him for Stevens.

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:27 pm

GO RUPERT 10 wrote:

Correction.

6 years.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:43 pm

I don't want to dampen this thread. However i will point out that only a choice few players play their best football before the age of 25. All the players you guys and gals have mentioned are all under this age. I agree that someone needs to step up, but realistically if they have not improved over the next few seasons then and only then will they be under review.

Let's not fool ourselves we have one of the youngest lists in the AFL. It is a testament to the coaching staff that we have made the last 2 GF's.

MM has this way of drawing out the best from his chargers and I would expect nothing less again this season. I look forward to the watching the development of these choice players. Rhyce Shaw; I like him he is quick and his delivery off the HB is improving all the time. Josh Fraser; played AFL early because we really had no choice as we starved for his type of player, I believe he stepped up last season in the ruck. From here all he can do is improve. Didak is truly exciting, but he needs to put together a full game. He can do alot with touches in the teens, if he gets in the twenties or above then he will dominate the game. Neon can only get better he has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself. Kinnear is in the same boat, if he could only decide better he would be ok. Hopefully we will see some of the young brigade being blooded. I liked the look of Guy Richards, he looks the goods to be a tap ruckman, when he learns to use his body better he will be a good asset.

I hope we make it and win another GF, However I am more interested in seeing these guys improve and how they hold up. Either way this season is going to be exciting.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:53 pm

Ryan Lonie will step I think! Also when back from injury I think Presti, Woey and Clement! I think they will all have their best years to date this year!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:17 am

Can I also add that Lonie & Swan will have terrific years. A fit & firing Lonie charging through the centre of the MCG lifts the whole side and the crowd and gives us an energy boost - both physicly and mentally.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:51 am

I'm not sure about who will step up, but there are a few that need to step up, Lonie, Cole, Didak, and a handful of others will stand up this year, McGough might aswell.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: