Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

House Full As Green Gears Up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:02 am
Post subject: House Full As Green Gears UpReply with quote

House full as Green gears up
By Grantlee Kieza
March 19, 2004

THE hard work started more than a decade ago when he would run up hills late at night dragging a four-wheel drive tyre behind him.

It continued even though he broke his hand five times, injuries that would have ruined the career of a lesser man. And it has really started to pay off.

Danny Green's fight with New Zealander Sean Sullivan in Perth on Sunday sold out days ago and even the extra standing-room only places went within 24 hours.

"I'm just so grateful that the Australian sporting public have supported me in such a way," the WBC interim super-middleweight champ said yesterday over pumpkin soup and bruschetta in the lead-up to his non-title fight at the Challenge Stadium.

"It just makes me so proud to know that 5000 people are turning out to see me in a non-title fight when another boxer at my weight fought recently and gave hundreds of tickets away and could only get 3000 people to his world title bout."

Green will be an enormous favourite against Sullivan despite the fact the gritty Kiwi went 12 rounds with Anthony Mundine in Auckland last year.

"I'm expecting a tough performance from him," Green said.

"He has the edge in experience but I believe I have the edge in power, technique and skill.

"This is the biggest opportunity of his life so he will be coming at me with everything.

"It's really gratifying that we just had a press conference for the fight and both of us showed enormous respect for the other man.

"We're both professionals and there was no need for trash talk to hype the bout.

"The people of Perth are coming out to see two top-class boxers determined to win and I'm expecting Sean to really have a go."

Green said his preparation for the fight began eight weeks ago with trainer Jeff Fenech, the man he described as his inspiration for a career crowned by victory over Eric Lucas in December for the WBC interim title.

TV: Sky Channel, Main Event 5pm, Sunday

cheers bryan..!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: