Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finally watched the Replay

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 7:43 pm
Post subject: Finally watched the ReplayReply with quote

Well it took 24 hours to summon the courage to sit through the whole thing. i've got to say that it was not as bad as I first thought, I tried to analyze the problems that we had and it mostly boiled down to bad skill errors from our players. Certainly we had our chances as the final scoreboard showed. (21 shots each)
Basic lack of kicking skills cost us dearly. We must have missed 5-6 goals from less than 40 (I'm being generous, more like 30) metres and less than 45 degree angle. Opportunities not taken are never reclaimed.
Is it me or is Bucks carrying a mystery injury? He has lost pace and the ability to turn. i think his kicking is off too. This does not bode well for Anzac day.
Lonie is a star!! Continues to play beyond his experience. Good to see that Licuria had no clangers. (the replay was not 100% so I may have missed some) Josh is Josh and should be getting more than Tarrant. Tarrant...hmmm...big pay rise and time on the bench....better sell some more merchandise. Nick Davis is developing into a key "first pick" player. Poor old Malloy will be missing for Anzac day (I wish Spocks mail on his missing this match was true)
Servicable game from most players but must URGENTLY improve skill level and consistancy. The coach is certainly moving us in the right direction. We must be patient, the boys are young with much to learn in the shortest possible time.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched it while doing homework. Wasn't too bad but those opportunities in the 2nd quarter in particular cost us the game. I didn't think either side played particularly well except for their short bursts. On the night the Tigers were better and that just shows that we can beat sides even if we play bad. We are improving. No excuses though.

Tarrant needs to run up the ground a bit if he isn't getting it, he needs to get his hands on it..I'm sure that is he gets a few touches he would get the feeling for it - he has the pace to do it so why shouldn't he?

I don't know what to think of Anthony - carn Ant you are better than you think...it's all mental, GET OVER IT!!!

Still can't believe that Molloy is only 24 - we could get 10 years out of him if he continues on his way. I looked at the inicident about 10 times (kept rewinding it) and it does look a bit like he will miss atleast one. If he hadn't of jumped he might not have hit the guys head but in saying that if he hadn't of jumped he might have killed the other guy by running straight through him.

That's it for now, I'm off to so some more of the bloody h/work.

Rhain07 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it wasn't that bad. Obviously both teams defences were the main structure in the game. There was a lot of turnovers and both teams played a pretty poor game of footy to be precise. But with a very young club, we have to learn we cannot perform every week like Essendon and other clubs that have grown with the skill of their youngsters years back. We should be proud to know we are barracking for a club with talented youngsters and a big future. It was easy to pick that Tarrant and Buckley were both of their games and our kicking to leads was sub normal. McKee was out and if he was in, it would have given us the opportunity to play Josh in the forward line. In the past few games Fraser has proved a genuine goal kicker and that he will be one of footballs greatest in a matter of years. As I said before, with a young club we will have our ups and downs. But when we lose, we still have to keep behind our Pies and direct them to success.

Keep on chanting!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: