Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boro win League Cup!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:09 pm
Post subject: Boro win League Cup!Reply with quote

Well who said that its the Mickey Mouse cup?

What a great first half of football,highly entertaining, almost as many goals as a spurs game.

Boro win their first bit of silverware for 128 years winning 2-1 with both Boro goals coming in the first 7 minutes, with the first Boro goal the fastest in a League Cup Final.

Would have liked to see Bolton get up though, would have been good to see Allardyce get something out of what he has done for that team.

This is a good competition which gives midtable teams a real chance for a euro spot, and i think that if a team is good enough to win it they deserve a direct spot in the UEFA cup and this should not be changed mr wenger!

Gunner Leo

Coming soon - Magpie premiership number 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The League Cup was won by a team that hasn't finished in the top half of the Premiership since Steve McLaren was appointed as manager. While I don't begrudge Boro's win, I really question the point of having a League Cup at all.

The top teams usually field their reserves, or use it as a way for players recovering from injuries to gain match-time.

The attraction of a place in the Uefa Cup the following season is its only selling point for teams struggling to either retain their good players or to attract new ones in the close-season.

The League Cup is only there to bolster revenues for the clubs Its abolition would ease the pressure on players who already struggle with an overcrowded fixture.

Visit Gunner's Home
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:28 pm

well good luck to them
thats their first trophy for 100 or so years
how long till the next one?
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:37 pm

Gunner wrote:
The League Cup was won by a team that hasn't finished in the top half of the Premiership since Steve McLaren was appointed as manager. While I don't begrudge Boro's win, I really question the point of having a League Cup at all.

The top teams usually field their reserves, or use it as a way for players recovering from injuries to gain match-time.

The attraction of a place in the Uefa Cup the following season is its only selling point for teams struggling to either retain their good players or to attract new ones in the close-season.

The League Cup is only there to bolster revenues for the clubs Its abolition would ease the pressure on players who already struggle with an overcrowded fixture.

I think the Silverware is the biggest drawpoint! Uefa cup is nice to midrange teams, and there is money involved. Only the Frog Gooner Scumbag Wenger has complianed about it in the last few years and who gives a shit about him and his cheating diving team?

I didnt see any Liverpool or Man u fams last season who didnt give a shit about winning the final?

I think the quality of the final is a good enough reason to keep it!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:40 pm

Do you wear glasses?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: