Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mundine In No Rush To Fight Green

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:24 am
Post subject: Mundine In No Rush To Fight GreenReply with quote

Mundine in no rush to fight Green

28feb04

ANTHONY Mundine predicted it would be more than 12 months before any potential fight with arch rival Danny Green and described the $2 million offer to stage the contest as "an insult" and "chump change".

Mundine announced he would make a mandatory defence of his World Boxing Association super middleweight title against hard-hitting Puerto Rican Manny Siaca on May 5 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
The 28-year-old Sydneysider's second defence will be against a fighter with a record of 17 wins (16 KOs) and four losses.

While Mundine was wary of Siaca's obvious power, he was inevitably bombarded with questions about a fight with World Boxing Council interim super middleweight champion Green at yesterday's press conference following the $2 million offer made by Melbourne promoter and entrepreneur Glenn Wheatley earlier this week.

Mundine said he had not received a formal offer from Wheatley and accused the Green camp of "shouting their mouth from the lip" every time he had a fight.

"Two million is an insult to me. Everyone here should know the gate alone is worth more than $2 million, so why would I go and fight for chump change when I am the supreme one?" Mundine said.

"These guys are tied up right now. I am fighting the No. 1 contender and he has got to fight (WBC champion Markus) Beyer, he's got to win the title.

"I am on the mountain top, if I'm going to come down to the valley then the pasture has got to be green for me."

Provided their respective schedules go to plan, both Mundine and Green might each have to fight at least three more times before facing each other in the ring.

If he beats 28-year-old Siaca, Mundine must make his next defence against Dane Mads Larsen before a potential re-match with his No. 1 target, German Sven Ottke late in the year.

Green fights New Zealander Sean Sullivan in Perth on March 21 before meeting the winner of this weekend's title bout between Beyer and Andre Thysse, and could then face a re-match against Canadian Eric Lucas, who he beat to win the interim title.

Asked when he thought a fight with Green would happen, Mundine said: "Realistically, probably middle to late next year."
bec Aries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Mundine is scared that Green could beat him, i personally think mundine is a good fighter but has to think b4 he opens his mouth. He's too cocky for my liking. Im a Kostya girl
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:17 am

Very nasty smell hanging around. Oh, it was just Mundine opening his mouth again, thought for a minute there'd been a sewer leak.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:06 am

Mundine shouldnt have any say in when the fight is. For his own good he should have it sooner then later cos the way things are going Danny Green will be on top of Mundine meaing it wont be even be worth it for Green by the time this little rat decides he is ready to be bashed back to Red Fern.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:17 pm

Assasin wrote:
$2 million chump change ?
He could put it towards a paint job on his old mans Redfern gym or maybe a new BMW for the clown of all clowns.

Gutless , spineless , wannabee , pretender are words that spring to mind.

Couldnt agree with you more. lol I hate Mundine with a passion the minute a decent fight comes up THE MAN quickly becomes THE BOY LOL

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:27 pm

mundine fought one decent opponent and got knocked out if he fights green it wont go past the 4 rnd green will kill him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: