Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mundine Rejects Green Fight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:10 am
Post subject: Mundine Rejects Green FightReply with quote

Mundine rejects Green fight
Grantlee Kieza
27feb04

ANTHONY Mundine yesterday knocked back a $2 million offer to fight Danny Green and promoter Glenn Wheatley says it appears The Man simply does not want the fight.

"The bout is unlikely to happen in the near future," said Wheatley, who made the offer a week earlier than planned following yesterday's report in the Herald Sun.
"Anthony and his manager Khoder Nasser say they want another three or four fights before facing Danny and it seems no amount of money will get Anthony in the ring to face him at this stage.

"I'm not giving up on the deal because I believe it is the bout that every sports fan in Australia wants to see, but I'm not prepared to go any higher with my offer."

While Green looms ominously over Mundine's career, The Man will today announce details of his WBA super-middleweight title fight with heavy-hitting but treacle slow Puerto Rican Manny Siaca.

The knockback was a bitter blow for WBC interim champ Green and his manager Jeff Fenech, who spoke to Mundine face to face this week in an attempt to make the bout happen.

"It shows Anthony is all talk," Fenech said. "His idol is Muhammad Ali but all they have in common is the big mouth. Ali never dodged a challenge but Anthony obviously knows he can't beat Danny."
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuss!
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 pm

Mundine is a bitch. Green will kill him if it ever happens.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:36 pm

What offer, scoffs Mundine

Fox

WORLD Boxing Association super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine today announced a mandatory defence with Puerto Rican Manny Siaca in Sydney on May 5.

The Sydney fighter also laughed off the reported $2 million offer Melbourne promoter and entrepreneur Glenn Wheatley is reported to have made to him to fight fellow Aussie Danny Green, the World Boxing Council interim super middleweight champion.

Mundine will make the second defence of his title at the Sydney Entertainment Centre against Siaca, who has a record of 17 wins (16 KOs and four losses), three of the latter in world title fights.

While Siaca is rated second, it is understood he will be elevated to No.1 in the next WBA ratings.

Mundine is wary of the Puerto Rican's punching power and said his three close and controversial world title losses show he is a dangerous opponent.

Of the Green offer, he said:
"Formally, we didn't receive an offer," Mundine said at today's press conference.

"Two, every time I have a fight, or I'm in a fight, they want to start shooting their mouth from the lip.

"Three, $2m is an insult to me. Everyone here should know the gate alone is worth more than $2mn, so why would I go and fight for chump change when I am the supreme one.

"These guys are tied up right now. I am fighting the No.1 contender and he has got to fight (WBC champion Markus) Beyer, he's got to win the title.

"I am on the mountain top, if I'm going to come down to the valley then the pasture has got to be green for me."

Mundine said his major priority is still a rematch with German Sven Ottke, the only man to have defeated him in a professional fight.

He said he hopes to fight Ottke again late in the year and isn't worried about going to fight in the German's backyard.

Mundine said Siaca is strong and a very good puncher and he will need to be "on top of my game" to win the fight.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:01 pm

He certainly has a way with words....lol

The funny thing will be if Mundine actually beats Green when they fight.

jlc

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:45 pm

JLC wrote:
He certainly has a way with words....lol

The funny thing will be if Mundine actually beats Green when they fight.

jlc

I wouldnt even entertain the thought! Saying Mundine is even a chance is like saying Carlton are going to win the Flag this year. Mundine could knock Green down and it would just lead to having his head bashed in worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: