Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Marky Mark retires :(

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:18 am
Post subject: Marky Mark retires :(Reply with quote

Marky Mark (aka Mark Waugh) announced his retirement from cricket yesterday. He was a truly marvellous player, who I believe got Australia into the position in one dayers that we are in today - high scoring, free flowing games.

One thing I was annoyed about though - in the news report last night (channel 9 I think) they said "Mark will join his famous brother Steve in retirement"...what the? Surely Marky Mark is famous as well? What a ridiculous statement! And the fact that yet again they are lumped together - poor things, especially Mark, they rarely get viewed as individuals.

As for the future, Mark said he is considering many options at the moment, possibly in the media (good - so I still get to see/hear him! lol)

commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so long as someone keeps him away from the racetracks, trots, dogs, TAB .......
Nova Kaine Leo

Winners never quit, and quitters NEVER win.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he should join the Channel Nine commentating team, surly he couldn't do any worse then some other commentators that have been doing cricket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: