Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

today's intra club game at vic park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:42 pm
Post subject: today's intra club game at vic parkReply with quote

plenty in attendance but not the best quality of footy, perhaps understandably at this stage of the season. bucks picked up a lazy 75 touches at half back before being rested in the final quarter. others to impress were justin crow, luke shackleton, tom davidson had a couple of nice touches and richie cole looked sharp. missed the first 5-10 mins - anyone know why woewodin only ran laps? seemed like everyone else participated, with the exception of the injured trio - tarks, johnno and rhyce. number changes caused confusion for many spectators, further complicated by some players switching from the red to the black team during the match and vice versa. a solid hit out but nothing spectacular. any thoughts from those who saw the whole match?
...hawthorn were getting ready to play their match straight after ours - spider everitt's drink looked suspiciously like a VB.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the AFL website Woey is suffering from a bout of Gastro. He should be right for next week though.
matm 

Bleeding black and white for 35 years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:31 pm

I have uploaded some images to Nick's gallery under - match day. Collingwood
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:36 pm

My god! In picture 10/19 Cameron looks bigger than Pebbles!

Link for Kaylene http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/gallery/index.php

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:54 pm

Can someone do a link to the gallery...once again I can't seem to open it from this PC....and I want to see Cameron
magpies are 2 good Sagittarius

jacki is hot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:21 pm

another 2 not of played today was a player called mark mcgough but i dont know why he missed. has he done any training yet apart from running?
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:37 pm

Yer i think Stinky has been eating at a few chinese places down richmound lately, prob why his sick atm
PB 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:58 pm

Mark has a mild case of OP according to officials . That's why he hasn't been doing a great deal lately.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:30 am

Any reports? Please.
Louis 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:36 pm

I was at the match yesterday and was rather impressed by what I had seen. The skill level was not all that bad,given the time of year.I saw the cartlon practice match the night before and can honestly say our standard was far superior to theres. Without crapping on their best player was one H Scotland who will be a regular.
In our practice match my heart filled with hope when I saw Tom Davidson running around.Although he did not have much effect he looks to have bulked in the upper body a fair bit and seemed to have a decnt burst of pace when leading to a contest. His physique is alas Jon Hay circa 2001. Impressing also was the Shaq.If he has not got the makings of an all out cult figure at the club I'll freak. In the midfield he has about as hard as I have seen. He is similar to Mcgough in hardness to the contest but his disposal was top rate. He was baulking and running the lines like a man possessed, he will be in the action at Subiaco. The only thing is his foot speed and that may be exposed at Suby....Richard Cole was also a standout with his hardness and strength. We are puting together a physically formidable group which is a trademark of Malty's sides. Didak was class through and through and ferocious. And even Lonies kicks were like Gold. Also impressing was junior Cloke at CHF who lead well for a big fella and marked well. His kicking was a little askew but improved as the match wore on. Brayden Shaw had little impact and fumbled and kicked ineffectively but you can see the kid has some class. He was actually out done by Heath who took a few grabs and covered the ground well.
We have another man child - man mountain in Billy Morrison who came on in the second half. This kid is huge and even though I was standing next to him in line at highpoints food court a few weeks back with Bo Nixon I could not appreciate how big the lad is. His legs are as big for a 17 year old as I have ever seen.
Tristan Walker was played down back and manned Jnr Cloke for most of the game. I must say this was the most heated and competitve dual of the morning. Points victory to Clokey but Walker can hold his head up high. I think he still does not know the art of being a good defender but he has all the physicall attributed to impose himself down back,or even up forward for that matter.
Taz was sublime and looked like silk covering ground whilst Pebbles was unimpressive but did what he had too. Lokan was good in bursts with his run telling and the dual of Scotty Burns on David King was interesting. Initially playing tight on eachother both guys freed up after the first quarter and were equally effective. King is obviously being touted to succeed Benny Johnsons position down in the back pocket as my tip is more Benny Johnson in the midfield this year. Buckley 's played on the back flank points more to the fact that guys like Cole-Didak-BJohnson will be moved into the engine room Ie on ball.
Shane Obree played well also.Typically got heaps of the ball and showed some glipmses of his 2001 form which netted him 12 brownlow votes.
Dutchy was good and easily has the best physique at Collingwood and Lica was workman like as always.

thats all I got for now...if I think of anything else .....

Louis 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:37 pm

Hell I forgot to mention our rucks.Frazer played well and had a large stint up forward kicking a couple but the suprise was the form and size of guy Richards. Looks like this kid is coming of Age and took some marks across the backline. He played as aggressive as I have ever seen and I dont think id ever seen him ever take a grab before. He layed the game similat to McKee a couple of years back as a drop back ruckman but did it with more class.herein lies the difference, Richards actually has some class.

Last edited by Louis on Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Louis 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:37 pm

Hope everyone enjoyed the post.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:08 pm

thanks Louis great post! Smile
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:24 am

Louis wrote:
Hope everyone enjoyed the post.

I certainly did! I am really excited about Richards, I think that he is the ruck key that could 'unleash' Fraser to the forward line in spurts. With this, we will also have a very agile forward line/ruck division.
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:55 am

Thanks for those reports,ramjet21 and Louis. For those Nick's members who want more,there is a large post at Extreme Black & White and also at Lulie St. Dash
http://www.voy.com/51976/
http://pub114.ezboard.com/ftheouterfrm56.showMessage?topicID=825.topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: