Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coll vs freo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 5:14 pm
Post subject: Coll vs freoReply with quote

Great to have a win, but the turnovers took about 7 goals off the end result.
Pleasing to see Mckee give us a little of what we drafted himn for , and Richo , is he the most underrated defender in the league.
Tarrant needs to focus on his running and not trying to mark of the year from behind, when he got onto his job he looked good. Fraser however is the standout younster at the club, and proved what a talent he's developing into. Most small blokes would like to have his agility.
Bring on the dogs .

ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the win was welcome.
We made less mistakes than freo,basically if we turnover that much against a quality side we will get our butts licked.
Lonie kicked 5 in a row dirctly to an oponent.He has to learn to steady and not kick haphazard without a target,mind you the targets are a bit thin as the forwards dont lead often when alone.
But its a win and im gunna have a beer!
Best Bucks,Licka,Tarks,Ringtool

afisher Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:25 pm

Id certaiunly have Fraser and Mckee in the best also.
By the way did anyone see my one eyed daugthers (6 and 2 years) in the replay after the collingwood point that took us to 68 in the 3/4 quarter. SENSATIONAL

The black and white tradition continues

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 7:01 pm

Spidey's best....

Brodie, Josh and McKee

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 8:26 pm

A most welcome victory, turnovers and all.

Let's face it, there will always be turnovers and skill errors. No team is perfect ... least of all Collingwood.

But I really liked the tough uncompromising style of play. It wasn't as flashy as the 5-in-a-row form that we were in this time last year. But it's a lot more sustainable. Last year, as soon as the other clubs worked us out, we were history. But the style they played tonight can't be "worked out". It's just guts, passion and commitment ... warts and all.

My best players: Buckley, McKee, Fraser.

I hereby withdraw all the cruel remarks I've ever made about Steve McKee. His form so far this year, in the Ansett Cup and the Premiership season, has been extremely impressive. I'm quite prepared to write off last season's effort as having been the result of that mystery illness he was supposed to have had.

This might have just about been Josh Fraser's best game to date. Number one draft picks have a bad habit of failing to live up to expectations, but this bloke is the real deal.

And Bucks ... had more possessions than Linda Blair.

I had no idea he'd had that many touches until after the game. I think it's just that you get so used to him having the ball that you don't even notice it after a while.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 8:27 pm

A most welcome victory, turnovers and all.

Let's face it, there will always be turnovers and skill errors. No team is perfect ... least of all Collingwood.

But I really liked the tough uncompromising style of play. It wasn't as flashy as the 5-in-a-row form that we were in this time last year. But it's a lot more sustainable. Last year, as soon as the other clubs worked us out, we were history. But the style they played tonight can't be "worked out". It's just guts, passion and commitment ... warts and all.

My best players: Buckley, McKee, Fraser.

I hereby withdraw all the cruel remarks I've ever made about Steve McKee. His form so far this year, in the Ansett Cup and the Premiership season, has been extremely impressive. I'm quite prepared to write off last season's effort as having been the result of that mystery illness he was supposed to have had.

This might have just about been Josh Fraser's best game to date. Number one draft picks have a bad habit of failing to live up to expectations, but this bloke is the real deal.

And Bucks ... had more possessions than Linda Blair.

I had no idea he'd had that many touches until after the game. I think it's just that you get so used to him having the ball that you don't even notice it after a while.

**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:54 am

Anyone tape it? Would there by any possibility I could get a copy?

Mick 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 7:37 am

we'll take the win but we played terribly
- spurted then took the foot off every time
- sort of game a top 4-8 side would have won by 10 goals
- terrible worry for us to only win by 3 goals with bucks having 46 possies

- good signs - Tarrant continually presenting himself - 12 marks - drags himself away from goals but if we get our running game going past will be fantastic
- Fraser's forward form - how good are his evasive and handball skills - also stood tall to take a couple of strong grabs
- Molloy - solid but wasteful
- Holland - lively but wasteful
- Presti - solid job on Modra
- Richo - good but his opponent kicked 5 so let's not get too carried away
- Licka - got it lots but gave it back - I counted at lease 3 Freo goals he had a direct turnover - love his run, spirit and heart but he gives it back far too often
- McKee - was actually ok - still needs to put his hands above his shoulders to win a knockout - looking more like Wes Fellowes everyday
- Lonie - gives great run but played a bit close to Licka and gave it back - benefit of 2nd game nerves

Next week
Out
Ukovic - injured - needs to run out a few games
Dimmatina - don't rate him in our best side
Burns - injured again

In
Clement - another tall running player will add a lot and give more options forward and back
Scotland - deserved more of a go last week
Lane - assuming he stands up today for Williamstown - playing the old team challenge - we need some bigger bodies against the bullies

More of
- Kinnear - game time - third quarter passages - very sharp - the kid needs a good go - suggest he runs with Smith (his best game was against Kouta last year)

biodave 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 12:01 pm

I think you guys summed it up well. Turnovers let us down, as well as wasted opportunities (Molloy- 4 behinds?). But it was a solid victory and we'll take the points. Best: Buckley, Fraser (WATAGUN!!), and Licuria

bless their courageous hearts

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 12:52 pm

we kicked bendigos arses today in the VFL.
yeah that was an alright game the pies looked good in places when they farked up but got it back. and they also did well when they turned it over and freo had free men(?) in their attacking zone but collingwood still managed to get the ball.
of course uka will get the arse he shoulda got it last week, he should still play down back but he was playing as a forward at one point satday night. anyway clement will be right for next week.
and yeah i agree with u mick, benny kinnear should get more of a run.

rash 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 6:31 am

I was very impressed with what Kinnear did when he was on the ground. He competed for the ball well and brought it to ground and looked composed when he had possession. If only he played against the Dorks last week. We may have won the game if we had someone competing at center half forward.

How did Rocca go with Willy?

afisher Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:52 am

roccas form wasnt great according to the heraldsun article, but the conditions seemed to go against him. Make of that what you will, I hope that they promote him this week, as his form against the bulldogs has been previously good, and the height will worry them , along with fraser, molloy, and ??kinnear. Kinnear must be under done as he was great last year, and his form on Saturday (particularlt when giving off a goal to fraser) was from limited oppotunities was great.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 8:29 am

Rocca kicked a goal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: