Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies vs Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rocca had a virus, he shouldn't have played. Simple.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 6:51 pm

I'm sorry about all these strange posts, people. I think I'm having computer problems ... or something.

**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 6:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe I'm the one with the virus!!!

Get it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROTFLMFAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha

Eat your heart out, JubJub.

**floreat pica**

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:43 am

well then it should be taken up with the selection commitee. although others have played with virus b4 i remember bucks did last year and only got 15 possessions, though if rocca got 15 then i think everyone would be relatively happy.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:52 am

this is from the afl site today.

Tuesday, April 03, 2001

Rocca keeps calm over fitness jibes

Tuesday, April 03, 2001

THERE was probably a time when young Anthony Rocca lost a few hours' sleep sweating over the criticisms dancing about his brain.

Lazy, irresponsible, unfit, can't run, bad body language, mamma's boy . . .

But not any more.

At 23, and with his 100th game this weekend, Rocca says nothing's a problem. Not the critics, not the fitness, not the attitude.

Yep, he played a shocker against Hawthorn at MCG last Saturday -- he had three kicks, three handballs, one goal -- but it had nothing to do with his fitness.

This collection of criticisms dominated a short period of the second quarter when, to all and sundry, Rocca was gone.

You know the score. Slumped shoulders, socks down, hands tugging the end of the shorts and air being sucked in like a Hoover 180.

Up in the stands, the radio boys didn't hold back.

''Was I tired? After having three or four or five efforts, I don't think any player is not going to get tired,'' Rocca said.

''I tell you, I've got heaps fitter than what I have been. I've been working my butt off. I feel like I'm getting through games heaps better now. I'm trying to work up the ground a lot more and the coaching staff have seen that.

''I'm not the best runner, but I'm not the worst and I sure am trying to have a crack at it.

''I thought on the weekend my second and third efforts were pretty good. I thought my one percenters were not bad, knocking blokes over, tackling, stuff like that, you know, give us time and it will fall into place.''

And to those pointing the finger?

''I've heard that many times, it just goes in one ear and out the other. You just get sick and tired of blokes talking about the fitness side of things.

''Sometimes I just wish I got an interview when there was no talk about fitness.''

He seemed surprised ex-footballers-cum-commentators such as Newman, Brereton, Hunt and Walls were so quick to attack.

''You look at blokes like Sam Newman and Dermott Brereton. They have played the game and they were champions of the game, but who knows how much they can commentate as well?'' he said.

Rocca is adamant the Hawks game was an aberration.

''I worked really hard, but I couldn't get my hands on the ball and Jade Rawlings played a real good game,'' he said.

''He's a pretty good player, he's a good runner, don't take the credit off him.''

David Buttifant agrees.

Buttifant, the Magpie fitness and conditioning coach, argues Rocca just had one of those games.

He said a summer program involving rowing, swimming and bike riding had improved and was continuing to lift Rocca's aerobic capacity.

''He's obviously not an aerobic animal. He's a burst, dynamic player,'' he said.

''He's made improvements, but Saturday's game didn't reflect that necessarily . . . everyone has one of those games now and then.''

On Saturday, Rocca becomes the fifth current Collingwood player -- the others are Nathan Buckley, Scott Burns, Jarrod Molloy and Mark Richardson -- to play 100 games.

He believed the milestone was another step in his maturity as a person and as a player and can't wait for game day.

''I'm more keen than ever,'' he said. ''The 100 games is an incentive, but the fact I played a poor game last week is a bigger incentive.

''I want to out there and show them what I'm worth.''

''If I was Micky Malthouse I would say . . . 'Anthony, are you fair dinkum today, mate? Are you interested at all? You might be tired, but for God's sake, man, would you give us something. Just show you're interested'.''

Sam Newman, Triple M

''He's puffing all right, the jumper's out, the socks are down and the tongue's hanging out.''

Robert Walls, 3AW

''I'd go out and foot him up the a.... It was just so lazy.''

Rex Hunt, 3AW

''He's gone at the five-minute mark of the second quarter.''

Dermott Brereton, Triple M

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:10 am

Go anthony....go anthony......go anthony

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR 100TH

KICK FREO ARSE MATE.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 2:15 am

Err, that whole thing about a virus for Rocca was a theory raised by BT on MMM hoping to explain his poor performance, a theory ridiculed by all other commentators. They then chimed in, "No, it's a heart murmur...he's got emphysema..." and broke out laughing.

As Rocca said in the article, there was no virus, just a pathetic performance on his behalf.

AVENGE YOURSELF PEBBLES - tear Freo apart!

Broadie
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 3:43 pm

Saw the game on TV and was pissed off.The white maggots were unhelpful and distracing to say the least, but as others have said - we should have won the game. I'm with Broadie - a loss is just that and I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with nearly winning. The story about Pebbles and his virus seems to be crap from the media so we'll just put it down to a bad game. NOT! The guy is meant to be one of our crucial forwards and he just wasn't performing. I know it's not easy to tell what's really happening from a TV , but it appeared that about ten times our guys had to stop and wait because no-one was on the forward line to receive a kick. Those who bagged our players lat e in the last quarter might take another look at the tape of the game - the option was to kick to four Hawks or to go for the boundary. MM obviously has something in mind with his open forward line policy - I just wish he'd share it with someone!

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:23 pm

Re: Anthony Rocca.

It's only one game - if he does it consistently then nail him, but at the moment it's a one-off thing.

One of the bad things with Anthony is that when he's stuffed he looks stuffed, whereas other players carry themselves better. Somebody should teach that boy some body language and how to mimic arrogance and fitness.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sly.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.

The Collingwood Rant.
http://www.magpies.net/rant/

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
http://www.elevenoclock.com/forums/aflranting/
-------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 5:56 pm

We had about 10 chances to win the game. If just one had worked out everyone would be crowing what a great side. We lose by 4 points and its doom and gloom. Our side can play! They've got the goods. Just watch them get better and better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: