Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FINALS FOOTY

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:00 am
Post subject: FINALS FOOTYReply with quote

As we approach the new season all sorts of thing go through your mind like injuries to key players bad umpiring decisions that cost you matches suspensions so many bloody things cross your mind.Some clubs seem to have what i call dream seasons where your injury list doesn't look like a public hospital waiting room.And you kinda fluke your way through tribunal hearings
and the umpiring just seems to go your way all year.

SOME CLUBS DO HAVE THESE KINDA SEASONS..............

Which brings me onto a hush hush subject and that is finals footy
for some strange reason these days it is blasphemous to talk about finals football on the eve of the new season,i say if you dont dream it how can you do it.....people will argue with that one i guess.....But why cant i sit here and hope that maybe and just maybe we will stumble into 7th or 8th spot come the finals.

How many of us got excited at being one win away from the ansett cup finals it felt good didn't it,how many spew when you see the excitement on other supporters faces when they have reached the finals.How many of us have sat down and sulked 'now come on be honest'at again not being a part of finals action.

When you approach any new season you dont dream of winning a few extra games on top of what you won the previous year i say if you dream do it properly...LOL .
Finals footy is so much better you walk or stagger to the gates at a quicker pace, those stinking vile football 'hotdogs' seem to have a bigger stench and you know that the whole football world wants you to lose just because we are collingwood'well we wouldn't want that part any other way would we ?

And the friday night phone calls prior to a saturday final where
' you ring your friends and say 'hey what are you doing tomorra'
and then you bag the shit out of them cause there club didn't make the finals....shit i miss it!!

The greatest thing of all about finals footy is the sleepless night prior to the game where we all become 'rex hunts'and call the game to ourselves...how good is this 22 mins into the 3rd quarter and you 'summons that fat lady to shout 'IT'S OOOOOVEEER'
oh yeah im getting goose bumps just typing this stuff.

So as i sit here dreaming of finals footy please dont bag the shit out of me,it's way much better than finding some quiet spot at the end of the season where you wanna be alone and sulk.

Didak to buckley it's a goal it's a goal and the pies have hit the front in the preliminary final of 2001 with 5 seconds to go
and the MCG has gone ape droppings.......................

SHIT AS I HAVE JUST READ THIS IM SCARED THE BOSS MIGHT READ IT
SO ED THIS IS FOR YOU...TRIPLE M ROCKS FOOTBALL

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 12 March 2001).]

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The MCG has gone ape droppings............ooops Joffa i spilt a beer on your cashmere coat.........lol Elvira who is sitting next to you......lol cleans it for you........lol

Wow it all seems like a dream........lol

APA

2001 YEAR OF THE PIE
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 6:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley to O'Bree...a lightning handpass to Fraser...a knock-on tap to to Tarrant...oh noooo! He's been tackled...its a miss-kick...its rolling toward goal...the ball dribbles through...is it touched?...no! Its been given a goal. The Siren's gone! The Magpies have kicked 17 straight goals. You wouldn't read about it. Phew! Can't wait for the second quarter. The Blues have been held scoreless so far!

I'm with you...you might as well dream big

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: