Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

move aside here come the bandwagoners

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is True Blue B&W fans are not all schoolies who live in Melbourne. We are all ages, from 5 to 95, and live all over Australia, in fact all over the world. I grew up in Collingwood, went to Gold Street Primary. Now I live in South Australia in the Flinders Ranges, too far away for social clubs and season tickets. I know dozens of Collingwood supporters from around around here and believe me, not everybody has $200 to give just as a donation either. If you want 50,000 members I suggest you embrace *everybody* who wants to be a part of Collingwood. Feeling good about your super loyal self is all well and good but if you really love The Mighty Pies, then go out of your way and welcome *EVERYBODY* aboard. I do.

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:07 am

its true that not everybody has $200 to give but as long as u love you club and r with them through thick and thin then i would consider u a real magpie!!!...just because u dont have a membership it doesnt mean u dont love the pies cause i know heaps of people who r deadset collingwood supporters but have no money to fork out for memberships because they have kids to look after and all...so i know what u mean!!!

LATERZ

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:30 am

I remember that Adeliade game too. One of the saddest days of my life ... to be outcheered by an interstate team ... disgraceful. I think that was last time I was a guest in the soulless AFL section. A lot of the Collingwood people in that section have lost their voice.

In fact that's the real problem. Collingwood fans, though still large in numbers, are a lot quieter than they used to be. After that game I vowed to sit as close to the unofficial cheer squad (at the punt road end) as I could and lend my voice to theirs.

Greg J
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 5:30 am

Shit, I'm seeing double...

In my blood...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:17 am

Quote:
Fact is True Blue B&W fans are not all schoolies who live in Melbourne. We are all ages, from 5 to 95, and live all over Australia, in fact all over the world. I grew up in Collingwood, went to Gold Street Primary. Now I live in South Australia in the Flinders Ranges, too far away for social clubs and season tickets. I know dozens of Collingwood supporters from around around here and believe me, not everybody has $200 to give just as a donation either. If you want 50,000 members I suggest you embrace *everybody* who wants to be a part of Collingwood. Feeling good about your super loyal self is all well and good but if you really love The Mighty Pies, then go out of your way and welcome *EVERYBODY* aboard. I do.

I agree, I live about 1 and a half away to the G....by bus etc it takes longer. However I do try to get to cames when time etc commits. I will be a member soon but don't know how much I wll be able to use it because of Year 12, but I will try to get to atleast most of home games this year!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:18 am

A big shout out to everyone and Elvira......lol

Well im proud to say that i spread the word of the "over the top" Collingwood supporters in the Medallion Club in the third quarter at coll v kangas. I just want to say the only reason i snuck up there was to get some real beer............lol Not the shit they serve in the Locker Room. I dont think those stuck ups know what the real world is like. Not even ten minutes up there and security was telling me off......lol Its like come on fellas this aint a library........lol

But i guess it horses for courses. So i left at three quarter time and went back down to the ground level.

Anyway just thought i would share that experience.......lol

APA

2001 YEAR OF THE PIE
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 11:56 am

Hey joel ur not far from me!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

PaulF 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:04 pm

Hi guys, how are things? I have been receiving the mail outs for the last year or so, but this is the first time I have posted.

I felt it was necessary to reply to this topic to let you all know "I am not a bandwagoner!" I am lucky if I can make it to more than 2 matches a year at best. I live in country Victoria, playing football in the Mid Gippsland Football League on Saturdays and I work on a Sunday. I wish I could make it to more games but the fact that I can't doesn't make me any less passionate about our beloved Magpies than any of you. That is why I do strongly take offence when it is written on this board that unless you are there supporting Collingwood every single week, have club, social, cheersquad memberships etc you are not one of us. I admire you all for your dedication and commitment, but never alienate the rest of us who are unable for one reason or another to support in person the team we all love.

A Collingwood supporter is a Collingwood supporter is a Collingwood supporter and all should be welcomed with open arms no matter what their level of involvement.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2001 3:51 am

Bandwagoner - noun?, someone who can EASILY go to games, but does not.

Enough said.

Greg J
ellaness 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:17 pm

The newcastle "non bandwagoners" but real 'pies supporters will be outin force on Saturday when we actually get to see our beloved 'pies up here. Lookout swannies we're gonna get ya and the real supporters will be very loud and very over the top.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 3:55 am

What! The Pies are in Sydney this weekend? Arghh! I don't think I can organise work to send me there on such short notice. Mmmm... let me see ... Are we sure they're playing there? ... Small hope that there is any timely info on the club's site (lets face it, if they send me that Carlscum email, I would've demanded my $25 back) but I will check.

Greg J
ellaness 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 8:01 am

Yeh greg almost right, they're in Newcastle or most of them are. I'm very disappointed that our mighty captain Bucks isn't named in the squad - not on the injury list either - perhaps just because its a 'practice game' its not so important. but its important to those of us who never get to see our beloved pies live and up close. Go the pies

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:05 pm

hey mags maybe thats why its called newcasHOLE
actually i havent had the pleasure of visiting this place.
hey kelly isnt playing for sydney is he?

ellaness 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 4:02 pm

hey newcastle isn't a hole - and by the way are u seeing the 'pies this weekend ?! I am - yahoo very disappointed that bucks isn't playing but i guess we'll flog the swannies anyway - go the pies!!!

ellaness 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 4:04 pm

By the way CJ - kelly is not playing - have fun this weekend
i'll let you know the score - LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: