Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

move aside here come the bandwagoners

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 4:49 am
Post subject: move aside here come the bandwagonersReply with quote

It saddens me to say this but the last 6 years following our beloved collingwood has opened my eyes to the fact that out at collingwood we are no different to any other club meaning that dreaded phrase'bandwagoner'you all know the type there when we are winning and gone when we are losing.Watch out for these people they are cunning they will look at you in the eye and tell you how much they love collingwood but usually trip themselves up when you ask how many games did you go to see last year.These people are just about ready to jump aboard and i guess these fringe supporters are just as important to the club as the never say die supporter.

And the sad part is the bandwagoners will be there in september'they allways find a way'at the expense of us poor buggers who have stuck through thick and thin you know what i mean sitting in the rain and cold knowing full well when we left home that morning that we havnt got a hope in hell of winning.
The bandwagoner to me is a vile wretched person and is usually full of shit.I love the pie people who have stuck in these bad times infact i love them to death.

The amount of games where collingwood have been outcheered in recent years has left me heartbroken cause i sit there and think
where have all the brothers and sisters gone in what used to be the greatest army of all time.If you desert collingwood once well then i say 'piss off'but you know what these people are getting ready to strutt into colonial and the MCG as if they bloody own the joint.

Well be warned collingwood bandwagoners cause im at the stage where i cannot look you in the eye when i do look at you i remember the times with great sorrow when you left us to defend our greatest club,you left us to be rediculed by opposition scum
infact you just left us for dead.To all you loyal pie people who never gave up get ready because i believe this club has improved and this ride is for us and us alone.for where was the bandwagoner when we were all silently crying week after week.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries joffa
i can honestly look u in the eye and say im NOT one of those bandwagoners

and im the same im sick of the bastards..if there is a big crowd sat nite, LOOKOUT
ill give em a piece of my mind

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:59 am

i bloody reckon! these bandwagoners piss me off, and its really pathetic when they're sitting behind you reading the record saying things like 'who is number 10?' or something like that.
hey i wonder what they do on the weekends that they arent on the wagon (?).

Spooker 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:04 pm

Joffa mate you my friend are not a bandwagoner.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 4:58 am

I noticed the same thing about our crowd support over the past three years. We've been out-numbered and shamed by the lack of noise our supporters can create simply because the loyal army hasn't been as loyal as we thought.

It's a sobering experience that I prefer not to think about.

Broadie
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:45 pm

Joffa that was tearjerking stuff man. I completely agree I have the last most painful six years of memberships tickets in my wallet for that very reason. If anyone calls me a bandwaggoner i consider it to be the most offensive contemptable form of abuse.
It happens I unfortunatley am put in the posiiton where I have to go to the football with the 'once a year' types and the shit they try to pass of as informative comment is ridiculous. I also agree in going to the games and being out cheered by the pleb clubs like North/Dogs/ and on one occasion Adelaide. I kid u not i remeber that day and it was one of my darkest football experiances. I sat right amoungst a pack of them at the MCG.
However our level of support makes up the commodity and valueble resource that we are for the AFL so we must look at it positively.But I'am with ya Joffa and as God is my witness I always have been my friend.

Louis

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:52 pm

well after we kick norths arse on saturday...u just watch all them come outta the woodwork....but dont worry peoples all of us here can keep our head up cause WE r the real collingwood people!!

"GO ANTHONY"

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 5:50 pm

Joffa word up my Collingwood brother.....

You have really tugged at my heart strings and have inspired me to respond.

When u say bandwagoner i immediately think of those piss weak Essendon supporters. There is nothing i hate more than those little shits who barrack for Essendon. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than yelling those little shits down.........lol

Anyway Joffa back to your issue. I have heard the lack of passion and noise at Collingwood games. I feel the hurt that you feel my brother. I have been there and experienced it for myself. It is truly embarrassing upon our once mighty club. Our training sessions used to have more people attend them than would see a North Melbourne game.........

I tell u what if we one day make the finals again (very soon) and these pathetic insignificant waste of space good for nothing low life, wanna be collingwood supporters come out of the woodwork and stake a claim for finals tickets, im going to make a formal complaint to eddie mcmillionare. The grass root supporters make the club tick from day today. When the chips are down the band wagon supporters are off wearing cashmere coats (except Joffa his cashmere coat is classy).

Joffa my friend stand up and be proud we are from the old school brother. Black and White through and through.

peace out to the collingwood clan.................

2001 YEAR OF THE PIE
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 6:09 pm

Daicos Forever,

I remember THAT game against Adelaide.
What a disgrace.
We lost narrowly ... but that wasn't the disgrace.
The disgrace was that we were out-barracked by an interstate club at the M.C.G.

No matter what happens to our team on the field ... we must NEVER be out-barracked by ANY club (let alone an interstate one) ever again.

And, unlike what happens ON the field, we supporters have FULL CONTROL over who wins the battle on the terraces.

And it's a battle that is won NOT by violence and abuse, but by UNITY!

**floreat pica**

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:24 pm

couldnt agree more alf

UNITY
means ONE BIG DAMN UNIT
thats what we need to do, im young i havent seen the full magpie army before, only the ones who turn up through the thick and thin. i can only imagine what a full magpie army is like
and i wanna find out.

nrb 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:51 pm

Part of the problem is the policy that our club has undertook with issuing of reserved seats over the last few years. We have been split up everywhere and that has taken away a great deal of impact from our cheering. Makes it seem like there are a lot fewer of us there than really are.

Buckley Surfers 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 8:38 pm

Joffa you have highlighted exactly what we at Buckley Surfers have been saying for ages.

Not only do we have far too many bandwagoners but lately our fans have become far too soft and introspective. Last season Toris, Felipe and I (Driver)all got abused by fans around us for being too loud or too agressive.

Wake up people - there is no such thing as TOO LOUD when you are out there supporting the Magpies and urging them on to victory.

The only time we made a decent noise last year was at the end of round 22 when we cheered off the Gavs despite the MCG PA playing that stupid Essendon theme song 50 times because we managed to drown it out.

Now if our fans ha dfound their voices in games like Geelong or the second game against Footscray we might have pulle doff some wins in those games.

Let's hope that in 2001 our fans will put 100% behind barracking for the Pies. And any bandwagoners - get a life!

We are BLACK & WHITE FOR LIFE!

WE'RE COLLINGWOOD - AND THEY'RE NOT!

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 5:21 am

What? So am I a bandwagoner then?

I have lived in Sydney since my parents moved up here from Melbourne in 1976. I love Sydney, it's dynamic, beautiful and advanced.

Yet whenever I defend Melbourne to my mates who love bagging the place-I then outline to them the difference between the two cities and how Melbourne has far more culture and spirit than Sydney does. But the fact remains I live up here.

I have family in both cities, and predominantly all my friends are in Sydney.

So, how many games do I get to see? Unless I travel to Melbourne (which I did in round 22 last year to see off the boys...and we had no chance for the finals I might add...)I get to see one with Collingwood in it if I am lucky.

One bloody match. Otherwise I am at the mercy of channel Seven.

Now I'm not alone, nor am I when I make this next point. I have to work on weekends at times, and I also have to search high and low for current news on the 'pies outside of the net.

There fore I cannot follow every game-nor may I necessarily keep up with each player's profile.

The Sydney papers up here give sweet f--- all coverage to AFL anyway let alone overnight results of matches between two clubs outside of Sydney. Sometimes we don't even get the score in the paper the next day. Why? Does the club and the AFL not want supporters of Melbourne teams in other states? Is there a Collingwood marketing department? What do they do? What do they do for interstate supporters?

So who are the culprits then? Why doesn't Collingwood make a greater effort to reach it's interstate fans? If we are an army, we have to be a national one. How many West Australian/South Australian and Queensland Collingwood supporters (or bandwagoners) have jumped ship to the new interstate teams in the past 10 years? Quite a few I say.

Now I have no respect for any football fan in any code who changes teams in their life. They are not what holds the code together, but don't anyone tell me that because I do not know every player at the moment on the Collingwood list, don't they dare tell me that I am a lesser supporter because of it. I'll break their necks. I've waved the Pie flag on the face of 15,000 Swan supporters on the day Lockett kicked his 1300th. Collingwood ran out, I was the only Collingwood supporter on the entire southern end of the ground that actually stood up and waved the flag singing our song. As soon as the song started, I reacted like a 3 year old to a Wiggles concert, I loved it.

I even turned around and told the red and white wave of people to stand up and join in. My girlfriend knew nothing about AFL, but she loved it, and said that she now knows why I support Collingwood, because for three minutes, it was time for 15,000 people to be told who I supported and who made me proud.

Of course they lost the game, but I knew who had won.

So in conclusion I say this. A Collingwood supporter is a Collingwood supporter. Sure, there are degress of committment, but it is all in black and white. If the bandwagoners are becoming more common, then maybe the management may want to look at bloody well why.

Audit their marketing department, their selection criteria for matches, their draft picking selections. Everything. then when i have to cop shit for twelve months because we are the wooden spooners, I can hold someone accountable and not blame those people who didn't turn up to a game because they never receive any news...

In my blood...
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:24 am

Terrific stuff Joff. You have probably heard me before say that I can't stand it when I hear people say I'll wait and see how they go before I buy a membership. This to me is the true definition of a bandwagoner, there is no other way to think about it. Mate I buy my memberships in November the year before. Anyway Cheers all us non bandwagoner, passionate, paid up, obsessive REAL supporters.

Go Pies!!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:26 am

yeah u have some good points there scottie EXCEPT my mate USED to barrack for essendon (only cos her ridiculous family did) not that they have ever (or will ever) attended a game in their life. anyway so i dragged her along to collingwood games and soon enough she barracked for the pies, now she is as bloody obsessed as me, so i reckon its ok to change teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: