Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Marc Dragacevic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:53 am
Post subject: Marc DragacevicReply with quote

Apparantly the pies are showing interest in him after he was delisted by Richmond yesterday.... Thoughts?

In addition, how was Richmond able to delist him yesterday? weren't all delistings supposed to be completed by 31st October??

Does that mean the pies can still offload players?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies eye Dragicevic
By Mark Stevens
November 12, 2003

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,7844645-23211,00.html

Quote:
MARC Dragicevic was too numb to ponder his next step last night after being axed by Richmond.

The 22-year-old has fought back from the pain of two knee reconstructions, but nothing could prepare him for the sledgehammer blow delivered by Tigers' coach Danny Frawley yesterday morning.

"It's disappointing. You get a bit upset," Dragicevic said.

"You look back over the last few years and get a case of the old 'if onlys'."

Dragicevic, a hugely popular player, missed most of the 2001 season and all of 2002 with serious injuries to his left knee.

He avoided injury this season, but could only manage three senior games despite the Tigers' woes.

Dragicevic said he knew it would be "touch and go", but felt numb after Frawley gave him the worst news of his chequered career.

"Danny called me in to his office and told me straight away . . . that was it, really," Dragicevic said. "I reckon he wouldn't like doing it to anyone. It's probably the hardest time for players and coaches."

Richmond football manager Greg Hutchison said the match committee believed Dragicevic could no longer mix it with the elite. "Unfortunately, after two knee operations, Marc, in the opinion of the match committee, is unable to reach the standard required to compete at the highest level," Hutchison said.

"It's a shame because 'Dragga' is a good young man whose career has been severely interrupted by injury problems."

Dragicevic is uncertain if he will take up Richmond's offer to train at Punt Rd in the lead-up to the national and pre-season draft.

"Too many things are going through my head at the moment," he said. "I'll nominate for the national draft, speak to my manager and take it from there."

It is understood Collingwood has already shown interest in the midfielder.

Dragicevic, originally from Geelong, is still eligible to be rookie-listed.

His manager Dan Richardson last night said he was confident his client would find a new home. "He played 38 games in his first two seasons and has shown he can be a very good player," Richardson said.

Despite playing just 46 games, Dragicevic's battles with knee injuries have given him a high profile.
clokeysneighbour 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:04 pm
Post subject: dragicevic and his kneesReply with quote

With no dis-respect to Mark surely the COllingwood selection committee wouldnt go back to the good old days of drafting a player if he has had 1 or more knee reconstructions???

CMON WE ARE BEYOND THAT!!!

Then again If we do draft him I hoped to be proved wrong
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:28 pm

I doubt we would consider drafting him as a senior player but drafting him as a rookie would be a possibility i suppose. It severly reduces the risk if he is a rookie because you don't loose much even if he does break down again.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:11 pm

There is no doubt that if he were fully fit he would be a tremendous pick up. Not one of the A-list certainly but a good prospect from the half-back line.

However there is too much doubt surrounding a player who has had two knee reconstructions at age 22. Sultan's idea of rookie list drafting, if it is allowed, would be ideal as he could have a full season to test the knee.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:48 pm

on channel 10 it was stated he had a fitness test this morning so i guess we would know also they have invited him to train with us when we start if he doesnt get pick up in this draft
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:22 pm

No, the lists are too restricted as it is. We can't carry a player with dodgy knees. For example, Lee Walker had tremendous "potential" and was certainly one of the unluckiest players with knee injuries in recent times, but you can't risk them. We carried him for as long as we could.
It would seem poor bloody Marc Woolnough from Geelong retired from frustration because of his knee reco's.

Dyso

Warbler 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:04 am

Didn't Paul Licuria have a couple of Knee recos as a junior ??
I know he had at least one , so maybe he's worth a chance as a rookie , but we can't afford to keep him as long as we held Lee Walker .
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:28 pm

Hang on everybody dident someone who we like to call Lica have 2 reco's before we got our hands on him!! I still think he is worth something

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:11 pm

Dragga can be rookie listed apparently, so he might be worth the punt.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:38 pm

Warbler wrote:
Didn't Paul Licuria have a couple of Knee recos as a junior ??

I believe so, but he had a couple of average seasons in sydney after those reco's. So nobody really noticed his potential while he was getting some confidence and miles back in his legs. Again, another club had to carry and nurture him through this phase, and it simply comes down to time and practicality, not a question of Marc D's talent or endeavour.

Sorry buddy, but the stigma of a knee reco'd player is too great.

dyso
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:27 am

I would see how he goes during the first few weeks of training then he he is going quite well give him a contact for a year and see how he goes... Its worth it because there's not too much talent in this years draft!!

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:28 pm

I'd definitely take Draga in the draft. He is a really good player and now has had a season under his belt in the VFL this year. So his knees are fine, I'm sure he has done all the rehab and it's now a matter of consolidating on the work he has done.
Another thing is that his family is from the former Yugoslavia, like Didak’s. It could turn out to be really good for the both of them, drinking all that Šljivovica. It’s an eastern European plumb brandy. LETHAL!! Laughing
Might make Daks feel more at home. Wink
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:06 pm

If Didak doesn't feel at home by now he never will! I can't remember a player who has had more of a cult following, God bless him! All of the delisted players are a gamble but I think you have to gamble on one every now and then, I would love to see Draga drafted and firing just to stick it up the Tigers ass! I'm sick to death of seeing those useless pricks chase every available and non-available player, what a joke they are and a boil on the butt of the AFL. What Sheedy said was spot on. So lets draft Draga and make him a star!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:03 pm
Post subject: Re: dragicevic and his kneesReply with quote

clokeysneighbour wrote:
With no dis-respect to Mark surely the COllingwood selection committee wouldnt go back to the good old days of drafting a player if he has had 1 or more knee reconstructions???

CMON WE ARE BEYOND THAT!!!

Then again If we do draft him I hoped to be proved wrong

we wouldnt have lica if we had that policy.

AND if tarkyn played for another side id definately be trying to get him 2 play for us!

etc etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: