Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No booing our Sav

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:35 am
Post subject: No booing our SavReply with quote

Hey guys,
As you know we are playing North next week. And Big Sav will most likely be playing. I really hope that when he takes a mark/gets a kick/gets a goal etc that you don't boo him. Because i remember when we played St Kilda last year our big monkey was booed which i thought was bloody disgraceful.

Obviously I won't be at the game, as i live in QLD =(
but i hope I don't hear any boos on TV when Sav gets the ball. Hey Joffa, as chant leader would you re-enforce that before the game?

Lets give our Collingwood great the respect he deserves!

GO THE PIES!!!!!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

NICK, i totally agree!!!

LATERZ

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 3:02 pm

After all, he didnt voluntarily leave us!

Go PIES 2001

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 3:37 pm

ohhh I wonder who else might be lining up for the Roos next week....may have to have a serious think about which colours ill be in then!

#11~GO OBIE~#11

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 5:39 pm

I wouldn't dream of booing an ex-Collingwood player who left the Club against his will.

Mind you, I doubt if we'll get much of a chance to boo Sav anyway. After a couple of quarters without a touch he'll get dragged. Go Presti!!!

As for Monkey, I think the reception he got when he received his Life Membership at the last A.G.M. pretty much summed up the feelings that most Collingwood fans have for him. Anyone who booed him when we played St.Kilda last year would have felt a right twit. For me, his speech was the highlight of the night.

**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 2:22 am

Spidey, if you're serious, then LEAVE THE SANDPIT IMMEDIATELY.

If not, here's the 'special' shovel. Dig away.

Broadie
Juzzy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 5:58 am

i wont be booing the big fella, we got rid of him and i wouldnt mind seeing him kick a few as long as it doesnt cost us the match! but what i really would love to see is Sav take a screamer over a big pack only to comedown landing on Carey and knocking him out or something like that? it would be the last big cheer Sav got from the pie fans i'd imagine?

How can i feel so much love for one thing (Collingwood) but feel so much hate for another (Carlton)

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 10:52 am

I agree Broadie! By the way if Sav was playing good he wouldn't have been kicked out. However, he doesn't deserve to be booed and I don't want him to kick any goals. The more we beat Queen Carey's Norff boys by the better.

=======================
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
=======================
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:54 pm

Spidey is serious *dig dig*

#11~GO OBIE~#11

Seth 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:53 pm

Wouldn;t even think of booing him and if anyone does they should hang their head in shame. I think most Collingwood supporters will be watching him with some interest but having watched him on the weekend he wasn't much better and I can't see him inflicting much damage, a real shame though I feel.

Go Pies!!
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:50 pm

Uh hem, excuse me, but are you people serious?

What is the differnece between Carey kicking a goal to win the game against us and Sav doing it?

Nothing.

I don't mean to be harsh...actually, yes I do... but I damn well don't want to take it easy on any member of the opposition no matter whether they are life members, premiership players or supported the pies when they were a kid.

They are playing against my beloved team and that makes them public enemy no 1.

I was at the SCG when Scott Russell played against us and despite my fondest memories of him from 1990 (still replay the Kickett tackle in the SF whenever possible), I hoped the little bastard keeled over.

I always thought, and still firmly believe, that if we lost by a slender margin then I, and we as supporters could of made the difference.

Any consolation or indiffernece to the opposition players-any at all-was and still is a sign of weakness upon which Collingwood can not benefit.

I want Sav to feel so much pressure out there this weekend that he cries. I want him to fumble a sitter and see Presty begin a backline inspired drive that results in a goal. I want that goal to win the game.

I don't give a shit if Sav is hurt by the booing, he is trying to damage Collingwood out there.

I don't want Sav to even look like kicking a point (He should aim for the miidle and he should succeed...).

And I put this thought in your minds, what song will he be singing at the end of the game should the unthinkable happen?

Exactly...changing thoughts?

I will be the first to concede that Sav drove us home on occasions during his time with us. He also threw games away.

He is a North scumbag out there when he is against the 'pies, in any game actually while he wears those filthy colours. There is no room in my conscience for him, or any other ex-player regardless of how or why they went.

However, given the time when he retires, I will be the first to buy him a drink and say thanks for the effort at Collingwood.

And one last image my fellow pies...if you believe this is harsh, picture this, Sav lining up for goal after the final siren of the GF against us and we are five points in front.

Booing?

He should be so lucky to cop only that...

In my blood...
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 2:28 am

Read you post Scottie Davo, and in response to the question
Quote:
...changing thoughts?

NO

Broadie
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:02 am

Well i aint gonna boo boo him cause THE GODFATHER nick the pieman will be watching and listening and i aint comin home to find a horses head in my bed....LOL

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 5:26 am

No worries boys.

We have our own ways and means and a common goal.

From Joffa's comment it appears Nick the Pieman's words should always be heeded, who am I to argue!

But I wouldn't label Sav as a Collingwood great...

Otherwise-kick arse you Pies and smash those roos into oblivion!

I'd love another week of bragging to my mates up here...

In my blood...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 9:28 am

Scottie I agree totally! Sav is now playing for North and should be treated like any other player at North. While you don't have to boo him, you should not be supporting him.

Sav has played his last game for Collingwood and I hope we go all out in stopping him and Queen Carey making any impact. Again I repeat this is not to say you should boo him but don't treat him any different to that you, yourself, would treat any other opposition player.

I know people aren't going to like me for what I am saying but stiff, Sav was kicked out of Collingwood because wasn't doing his job, he is now playing for another team and this should be accepted.

GOOD LUCK SAV, you are going to need it.

=======================
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
=======================
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: