Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How is Balme feeling today? AND Chocko you are a GOOSE!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:01 pm
Post subject: How is Balme feeling today? AND Chocko you are a GOOSE!!!Reply with quote

I have read what everyone has said up to now.
Yes we are all pretty disappointed that we lost Scotland for so little and failed to get Stevens.
But Balme would be feeling pretty annoyed with those Port Adelaide bastards. He would feel real bad at the moment?

Fair Dinkum, all those years ago, when I followed passionately a Mark Williams' led Collingwood team, if Collingwood knew that he would turn around and bite this club in the arse, like he did this past week they should have pissed him off to the Bears earlier and given the captaincy to someone who is still passionate for the Black and White.

Chocko, you prick.
I hope your major sponsor pulls out from giving your club its money. I hope your fans and players grow to hate you, and your club falls out of the top 8.
May you not ever coach past 2004.
Bring on 2004 and lets beat those Port Adelaide pricks twice and stick it up their coach so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Balme was on Sport Today (3AW) just now and basically he was a little annoyed with the stubborness of Port but they only wanted Didak and since he wasn't willing to go the deal fell apart.

He did also say that once it all finished they all sat down with Judkins and went through the players in the upcoming draft.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:02 pm

Yeah, Judkins will get some quality with those picks, touchwood
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:40 am

Thank christ we didn't get Magpie Greg in the draft, that's all I can say

Can we Trade supporters???

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:34 am

Haha.. I don't think I am that worthy Greg. Perhaps an old oil rag under the front seat of the car, plus a half a chunk of road-kill might seal the deal.

Have faith mate, perhaps they know what they are doing!

Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:01 pm

Did Judkins recruit Roach? Yes that was pretty silly. Who was the recruitment officer who got Daicos, Monkey, McGuane and Co?
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:52 pm

Yes, we have had some pretty ordinary draft picks in recent years, haven't we? Josh Fraser, Matthew Lokan, Ben Johnson, Chris Tarrant, Alan Didak are just a few duds that come to mind.

Yes, they are all Danny Roachs, thats for sure. What do you reckon, greg?
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:01 pm

It must be great never having made a mistake in your life greg but as one who has made them myself I would say that Judkins has made more good picks than bad ones. Don't forget McGough was pick 43 and Lokan pick 70. I know you would have picked them as senior players but most wouldn't have.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:12 pm

magpie greg wrote:
No I wouldnt have picked them.

Then again they arent players who are going to helk win a premiership.

Of course these players will help win a premiership. It is impossible to have a team of 22 superstars. It is exactly these sort of players that are needed to take the next step in order to win premierships. We can't rely on Rocca, Buckley, Burns, Tarrant etc. to carry us.

I'm afraid your attempt to label Noel Judkins as incompetent due to one draft error isn't much of an argument either. At least I can quote several successes.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:49 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Judkins largley ensemble the 2000 Essendon premiership side? We were desperate for a ruckman when we traded for McKee(why did we de-list Monkhorst?) and we also got Licuria which wasn't that bad. What makes it bad is Pavlich went at No.5
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:43 pm

We may have traded pick 3 for McKee but at least we didn't pick Fiora with it. Go Tiges.

Don't forget McKees 2002. It was a truly inspiring effort from that bloke. He smashed Primus in the Qual Final and played a number of outstanding games where he beat the opposition on pure G&D.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:26 pm

I think it would be fair to say Judkins is one of if the the best recruiting officer in the league. Just have a look at some of the young guys we have got coming through: Shackleton, King, Nixon etc. Every recruiting officer in the league has made mistakes but Judkins has not made as many as most and has produced more quality selections than most. The senior coach has to take responsibilty for trading players to other clubs not the recruiting officer.
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:32 pm

McKee was never really a ruckman. He originally was selected by Richmond as a key position player, ie CHF or CHB.

He was moulded into a ruckman but he aint your Primus, Gardiner or King.

The current squad was mostly assembled by Judkins, aside from Bucks, so its good enough to finish 2nd two years running. Also its the =2 youngest in the league, and heading for the youngest next year with the retirements.

Lets give credit where its due, and its easy to sit back with hindsight and pick on a few negatives.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:04 pm

Whoever was responsible for our 2000 national draft did a brilliant job... we got Clement, Holland, Molloy, Wakelin, Lonie, Cloke and Didak. That's a pretty good job. trading Michael was a mistake but overall it was pretty good.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:29 am

I'm not too sure that brother Greg is labelling Judkins as totally incompetant but to say that J is never wrong is crap. And God help us if Collingwood is hoping to depend on players like McG & Lokan for a flag!! What about Balme? He has now missed out on getting Misiti and Stevens. I hope we dont fall into the old Carlscum trap of sitting pretty with our current list and thinking that a flag will fall into our laps, while all the other clubs trade aggresively, land good players and improve their list. We HAVE to get some good players (if there are any left) in the pre season draft as a matter of real urgency.

Lazza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: