Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't Blame The Club....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Port are the only ones to lose out. Carlton are going to be the winners and Collingwood neither gained nor lost. We offered what we considered a fair deal, they refused. Big deal.
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:52 am
Post subject: thats not rightReply with quote

For didak or cole plus 17 they would have.

mick moylan doesnt like MM one little bit but he wouldnt harm his club if a great offer was presented.

we would have given them cole or didak for the trade,but from what i have heard it was the players that refused the deal not the club.

didak has been here a few years and hasnt really ignited the place apart from the odd specky and great goal he normally is on the pine most games.
for mine he needs to greatly improve his discipline and defensive skills before he can be regarded as a first 18 cert.
i havent seen him put in one 4 qtr game worth a vote as yet in his career.

so too cole has been here a while and he has shown strength but a distinct lack of any idea where to kick the ball under pressure.
he may improve,he may not and if he doesnt he will end up like MCG as a promising kid that never made it.

stevens has already made it,
so i would have done the deal as a win/win for both clubs.

the fact that the club asked the players first and they refused is why we are all bitching.

i also thought we should have had a bid for danny jacobs instead of focussing on thedeal that never was if we didnt give up cole or didak.

lets all now get behind our list andcheer like mad,we may need it.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:59 am

I'd hate to see Didak go. Every time he gets a run you can see that immense potential simmering just beneath the surface and occasionally it breaks through just to make it more tantalising. Eventually it should cease to be potential and become fact, it's just a matter of when.

I suppose sooner or later you have to stop waiting, but picking the moment needs a level and dispassionate head. Pokie junkies would know the feeling. It's the same feeling you have when you have to walk away from the machine that you know is just about to pay out.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:08 pm

Ed from WA. Didak and Cole are 20, McGough 19. Your statement is ridiculous. Judd is a one in a million in terms of impact at that age. The next two years will decide how good those players are going to be, that is why it would have been really bad to trade them as all three could turn out better than Stevens
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:43 pm

I agree Jacobs would have been a better option to go for and I would have tried to trade Ryan Lonie - he is too soft and hears the footsteps at every contest. He would have to generate a lot of interest with his skills but I fear he will never have the hardness of a Brisbane type player and will continually be exploited in big games like Martin Pike does every time. And on reflection Stevens was not what we needed - too much $$ to tie up the salary cap - if our young list keeps improving we will need room to move to avoid doing what Essendon have been forced to do and get rid of good players. All this talk of getting Stevens to sign for 1 year at close to $1M is just ridiculous when we have a wealth of young midfield talent to develop.
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:49 pm

No, I place the blame on a former Collingwood captain.
Chocko--King of all Pricks.
Magpie-Pep 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:52 pm
Post subject: Re: thats not rightReply with quote

Ed from WA wrote:

so too cole has been here a while and he has shown strength but a distinct lack of any idea where to kick the ball under pressure.
he may improve,he may not and if he doesnt he will end up like MCG as a promising kid that never made it.

This was Cole's second year ..
Cole, to me looks like he just hasn't found his position as yet, but when he does watch out.

For a 20 y.o he has to be one of the hardest tacklers(beside picket) that I have seen...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: