Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayByrneForPOPE Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:21 am
Post subject: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HEREReply with quote

We sign Ben Kinnear and Leon Davis for 2 years then trade who i regard as our 2nd best current player in his early 20's just about to reach his prime to FxxCKING CARLSCUM for pick 35 WHOOOPPEE Fxxckin DOOOOOOO. Its a JOKE but i aint friggin laughing. Come on how many more 17-18 year olds we need? Brisbane had 8 players over 30 in Granny we had 10 players 21 or under and 1 over 30 come on we needed to recruit a couple of mid 20 year olds not get more draft picks for kids. I'm devastated HEATH SCOTLAND will become a TOP 10 player in next couple of years and its going to be with carlSCUM. Fair dinkum I cant believe it.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He asked to go. What is the point of having a footballer playing for us who doesn't want to be there?
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:27 pm

Sure we are all dissapointed to see Scoots go, im sure if he was gettin contstant senior football he would have had no intentions of leaving but he simply wasnt getting that and its not fair on teh player, good luk to Scotland with your new club!
tomaraya 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:32 am

2nd best player in his early 20's. u have gotta be joking.
try these on for size.
alan didak - 20
josh fraser - 21
jason cloke - 21
ben johnson - 22
tarkyn lockyer - 23
ryan lonie - 20
chris tarrant - 23

u didn't mention who your no 1 is but how u can rate scoots higher than these blokes is blindness my friend

Sybil 

floating fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:03 am

he asked to go because Malty refuses to give him the ground time he is entitled to. Cannot agree he is our second best player though. Folly to re-sign Kinnear though and let Scoots go for number 35.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:36 pm

Don't write Kinnear off just yet. Had one really good game under lots of pressure when he towelled up Wellman in the last game of the H&A. His Qual Final was ok as well, his Prelim was ok, his GF... well who wasn't shite that day.

What Kinnear offers is flexability and something different. If he continues to develop (which is the key), and some of the greats of the game have played longer than him in the reseerves and still been GF champions he WILL be in Collingwoods best 22. Scotland was/is a receiving midfielder. Anyone under 6'3 can match up on him. Kinnear will be ok, even downright handy if he avoids the key forward posts. As a second CHF to Rocca he gives the opposition a pain in the ass because he is mobile and can take grabs overhead. Kinnear is very similar to how Starcevich was. Much maligned, soft, but can do stuff amazing for his size. And can kick goals.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:09 pm

BTW, to all the Carlton supporters that are reading this:

Why would we be jealous of Carlton? Let's have a look at who you picked up.

David Teague:
Wow. 7 games, 62 disposals (av. about 9 a game). Yay!

Digby Morrell:
14 Games, 111 disposals (av. about 7 a game). 18 goals, not much considering he spends most of his time in the Forward line.

Heath Scotland:
8 games (H&A), 91 disposals (av. about 11 a game), 4 goals. While I like the kid, he ain't nothing special.

Cory McGrath:
9 games, 70 possessions (av. about 8 a game), 6 goals.

David Clarke:

Couldn't find any info.

Brett Johnson:
8 games, 75 disposals (av. about 9 a game), 4 goals.

Daniel Harford;
Played for Box Hill all season. WOW! Played a total of five games in the seniors for a grand total of 62 disposals, 3 goals, and 18 marks.

Summary:
Overall, all those players are pretty average and received minimal game time at their respective clubs. Most players failed to make much of an impact, with regards to possessions (most averaging under 10 a game), and goals kicked.

The only standout player they will have recruited, will not have come from trading, but from the National Draft (Nick Stevens). So, Carlton supporters, what have we got to be jealous about, other than the fact that you guys are cellar dwellars?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:32 pm

JOEL JOEL JOEL a couple of key stats you forgot for the sausage meat the Blues picked up off the floor. All are H&A stats

Teague: 7 games = 11 tackles (24th at Nth), 2 games in seniors after round 10

Morrell: 14 games = 18 tackles (21st at Nth), 5 games in seniors after round 10, 3 goals after round 10

Scotland: 8 games = 4 tackles (equal 30th at Coll), 6 games + 3 finals after round 10

McGrath: 9 games = 12 tackles (24th at Ess), 4 games after round 10 + 2 finals, 1 goal after round 10

Clarke: Clarke is still there if you hack, but it only has his pic and some news items. His stats are wiped clean. 16 tackles (21st for Gee), 127 disposals (20th at Gee)

Johnson: 8 games = 13 tackles (28th at Haw), 5 games after round 10

Hartford 5 games = 19 tackles! (8 against carlton, 6 against richmond, 20th at Haw)

A decent competitive midfielder averages around 3 tackles a game our best 5 were around that. Buckley, Burns, Licuria, O'Bree & Woewodin.

With the exception of Hartford who tackled hard against the tiggers and the blues the others will need plenty of late nights with the tacklebag. I can't see what the filth are getting so excited about. If these guys were on their list they would have been happy to trade them.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:35 pm

Exactly Joel, everyone in the media is crapping on about Carlton's great recruiting but other than Scotland who is a solid senior player the rest are very average fringe none of those players could cement a place at their previous clubs let alone be match winners. Sure they will get Stevens in the draft but one player dosen't make a team, remember Buckley in the mid and late 90's? Expect more of the same from Carlton next year.

IMO Hawthorn were the biggest winners in trade week they only lost Rawlings and a few duds but recruited some handy young key position players plus pick 5
gingerthedog 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:39 pm
Post subject: nick stevensReply with quote

as much as i would of loved nick stevens we couldnt look at trading presti or dids. heard that port would of taken pick 17 and cole. although cole will be something special i would of taken that deal. i thought maybe we could of done a 3 way deel with the dons as they were very keen on cole, which would of sent danny jacobs to port, but the time has past and we didnt get him.

my concern though, did we concentrate everything on stevsns, which meant we missed out on other players. looking back port dont want to deal with us, eagles didnt deal with us with gehrig and freo didnt deal with us with black????????????????????????????????????????????????????

please mick we need a ruckman to help out josh, and dont say mckee, hes a dud that gets pushed around. looking at c.cloke and richards there still 12 months off.
Magpie-Pep 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:08 pm

I can see alot of new guys having a go next year..

The kings, Cloke, richards and lets hope the Magic davis and Kinnear returns the club a favour for keeping them on...

We should see tex grow in confidence and maybe Nixon and Shacks will get a game as well...

MCG has to get rid of his second year blues and get in and under again..

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:51 pm

at least they got something joel. i for one would have rathered swapping scotland for digby or teague over pick 34.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:07 pm

CQ wrote:
at least they got something joel. i for one would have rathered swapping scotland for digby or teague over pick 34.

I wouldn't. We have picked some quality players in that range of picks in the the last fews years, IIRC.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:26 pm

Yet again Carlton have gone and pretty much screwed themselves in the backdoor.

Instead of using the dud picks they recieved for being useless they trade them on for players that have past there used by dates... Harford has lost the plot... what a great pick up...

What carlton have problems with is drafting players from the draft... moulding them to play good football and giving them the opportunity..

Collingwood did it the best way possible.... used 90% of our draft picks for good young talent out of the draft and went with it... The likes of Tarrant, Lonie, Tarkyn, Josh, etc.... we have brought these guys from U18 football and made them all names....

One day the scum will learn... Buying hacks from other teams will keep you JUST going along but when these blokes come to retire they are back in the same position!!!!
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:24 pm

Top ups, re-treads and f@ckoffs from other clubs are only useful when they have several genuine stars around them. Carlton have one aging star in Koutafides. Who is a bit past his best and his bad knees make playing a full season a 50/50 prospect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: