Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

M.Williams - 2003 tool of the year?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might sound silly but put a price on his head say $800,000 a year contract. I’m assuming every other club has problems with their salary cap and we don’t, we pick him up for that 1 year. But the fine print says that his new contract cannot be more than 100,000 per year for the next three. Or even a verbal agreement of the same accord.
Would something like this work? I have no idea if it can but what do you guys think?
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:48 am

Good point Nuxta - as long as the contract he offers to other cluybs is the same (or better) as the one he would sign with collingwood and does not specifically mention another club such as collingwood, I don't thing the AFL can do anything about it since the conract shows no prejudice against any particular club. If Dogs or Carlton - whoever has cap room - do take him up for one season, it's not very useful to them since they can't win grannie next year anyway, and would jsut unsettle their team when he leaves again. However there are 13 other clubs that get to pick before woods, some of which do have a chance next year - so he almost certainly would go. then we would have to wait till next pre-season for same ritual..hmm might go on indefinitely club hopping.
will be interesting to see if choke-o is bluffing or not.

According to this:
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=124193
...magpies even refused to trade Cole for Stevens -they must think a lot of Cole and also doing the right thing in bluffing their way through.

Bit silly for choke-o to say that Stevens is "holding them to ransom" - he just wants to play for a particular club that is all there is to it.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:45 am

Bokka said"...magpies even refused to trade Cole for Stevens -they must think a lot of Cole and also doing the right thing in bluffing their way through."

I reckon they donethe right thing here with Cole. This kid is gonna mature into a true power player. Im not saying as good as voss but in the voss mould. He has a similar body shape and size but is probably a little quicker. He runs strait at the ball and the man without thinking about it. And although voss is a true afl legend i feel coles skilss at the same time in his career are a little better than voss`s where at the same age.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:35 am

Here is a picture:
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:12 pm

Perhaps he should also get the award for "SUCK of the week".

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: