Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Still chasing Stevens - All Stevens Stuff in here Please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

$800,000 a season BWAHAHAHA thats highly amusing. surely he wouldnt dare to ask that much?
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:36 pm

It is official. Stevens to go into the Pre-Season draft.

http://portadelaidefc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=124310

WOOF WOOF i guess stevens...

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:43 pm

Bulldogs will take Rawlings.
Blues will take Stevens.

But most importantly Port end up with #$%^ all. Laughing

Carlton will have a midfield next year.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:45 pm

I can't believe this. We put all our eggs into the Stevens basket.

The disappointment is about making one trade: Scotland for pick 34. Woopee f**ken do Collingwood. What a great trade period that was for us.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:49 pm

Rawlings will go to Bulldogs in the preseason as a deal struck between Hawthorn.

Stevens will either stay at Port Adelaide or nominate and be picked up by Carlton.

My guess he will stay in Adelaide now rather than go to Carlton.

I think Collingwood or his management stuffed up here and got Port offside by not announcing he wanted to go to Collingwood until yesterday. All along Port were talking to Melbourne and Carlton also and that seems to have pissed them off big time.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:04 pm

Who cares. Not our problem anymore.
dilly5 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:06 pm

I think the bottom line is that Pies weren't going to be pressured into losing valuable players to get someone else (who could have just as easily turned into a hack as soon as he joined us), just because Port decided to have a sook about it.
I say good on you, Pies for not being bullied into making a bad deal, and realising that nothing has been lost by not getting Stevens. Port are now the only ones who have lost by there being no deal made, not us.
President Ted Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:06 pm

Why would Stevens stay in Adelaide?

Now that he sees that Carlton will be more competitive next year he will surely go to the Blues in the draft. He wants to come home.!

rhain 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:13 pm

Brisbane has won 3 flags in a row. Do we see them trading much? All the teams that are trading a lot are the ones that are trying to get somewhere but can't.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:40 pm
Post subject: $800,000 a season BWAHAHAHAReply with quote

CQ wrote:
$800,000 a season BWAHAHAHA thats highly amusing. surely he wouldnt dare to ask that much?

Okay plan B then: so does that mean Nick Stevens puts a figure like this on his head, scares all clubs away prior to Collingwood in draft, yet we then pick him and he signs on for half that amount? If this is draft tampering then surely it's worth the risk after the piggy-bank amount Essenscum just got stung? Why take the pay cut to $400,000 a season you ask? Because we're adapting a system the AFL put in place to benefit ourselves.

Anyone?

Dyso
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:48 pm

I think it really stinks that players can't have a say in where they want to go, eg. Rawlings to Kangas and Stevens to Collingwood. Stevens isn't going to make the difference between us winning a grand final or not, as that's only going to happen with a team effort, but it would have been great for a talented footballer who grew up as a Pie supporter to be able to play with the team of his choice.

I know it's unlikely he'll still be up for grabs when our draft pick comes around but wouldn't it be egg on Port's face if that's exactly what happened! I'd be surprised if Stevens stays with Port now considering the way they have treated him during this trade period. Even if we don't get him I'm still perfectly happy to see Port lose him for nothing.

GO PIES!
Marg
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:48 pm

maggies2003, what planet are you from? The guy barracked for Collingwood his whole life and wanted to play for Collingwood. Port screwed him by being dicks and not accepting a reasonable trade as they'd rather see him in a shit team. PORT SCREWED STEVENS. The good thing about this is McGough did not get traded, he will get two years to prove himself.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:03 pm

There is still a way of getting Nick Steven's.Steven's can go into the pre-season draft & nominate a price of say $550k-$600k a season.Now at that price no-one can get him, but Collingwood could still fit him in (just).Then in year 2 of his contract, he like so many before him will be asked to take a substantial pay cut, & there u go we get him fair & square.
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:16 pm

scoobydoo, I really can't see that happening, Carlton will make room for him as their signings are good youngsters who won't demand that much money. Mckernan would have been on big bucks aswell, and if Carlton don't get him, one of the other clubs in front of us no doubt will. Port could also re-draft him? We've lost Stevens, I feel sorry for him, Port are total inconsiderate wankers
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:26 am

No Scoobydo's plan could work ( I think someone else said the same thing in anohter thread) - Carlton would be dumb to pay $600k for him for one season, since they can't win the biggie next year anyway and he'll be gone after that. Collilngwood can have a verbal understanding that he takes a compensatory pay cut after the first year, for another long term contract (to meet a verbal overall contract agreed before he is drafted by us) - I think there should be nothing the AFL can do about it until they change the rules to prevent that scenario.
Whether one of the clubs that gets a pick b4 us is prapared to pay that amount for one season is doubtful - but maybe a team like Hawthorn or Essendon that are realistic chances next year might give it a go. It would have to be as high as we could possibly fit in salary cap to deter them.

All's fair in love and footy - this is not cricket....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: