Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dermott Brereton...You are the BIGGEST wanker!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 3:52 am
Post subject: Dermott Brereton...You are the BIGGEST wanker!Reply with quote

16 - COLLINGWOOD Unfortunately my two best bets for where a team will finish are at opposite ends of the ladder. Essendon first, Collingwood last. Mick Malthouse is not concerned where the Magpies finish this year. He is setting up for the likes of an Eagles' mid- 90s dynasty with Collingwood. Put simply, Collingwood has the weakest list. It has three A grade players. Buckley, Tarrant and Rocca. They had four but they gave away one to the Swans in favor of pursuing tomorrow's stars. The release of Paul Williams was to many premature. Every forward like Tarrant, is minded, or virtually tagged by a backman every week, so the true people who get tagged are the midfielders. Nathan Buckley was tagged every game last year. Shane O'Bree was tagged out of good early-season form after round three or four. The only other playmaker who required consistent tagging throughout the year was Williams. If Buckley does not play every game, the Magpie midfield will be head less without him. Big losses can be expected. Anthony Rocca is just about an A-grade player, but I hesitate to put him in that bracket until he can play more than 30 minutes at the exceptional standard of which he is capable. Collingwood has foot speed and until the drag of the season sets in, it will win a couple and come close in a couple more. Then it will be a repeat of last year. Unfortunately for Hawthorn fans, Collingwood will be at its most dangerous in round one when enthusiasm is high and the players haven't learnt just how much difference experience and a good list makes. Early reports suggest that Mick has the Magpies playing a possession game that requires short possession. They have the energy and leg speed for this ploy, but as a team, not the skill.

This guy is an absolute tool. How many good games did Williams play for us alst year or year before that for that matter? Secondly, does he work at Collingwood or something? Because he seems to know more than most people!

DERMOTT (haha) BRERETON..YOU ARE THE BIGGEST ****!

=======================
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
=======================
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 3:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, got that off www.realfooty.com.au

He rated us the worst club, he put Saints at 13th. Malcolm Blight is not that good a coach.

Tommy Hafey came and spoke to us the other day for a motivational speech (he is really good!), anyway he rated Malcolm Blight as the worst coach he had ever seen. He said that what he did to (I think) Pittman a couple of years ago was unacceptable and that Blight doesn't even rate with him.

=======================
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
=======================
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:10 am

That was a real good post joel keep it up mate i really enjoyed it,i think its foolish for spermott to say we have the weakest list in the comp in fact i think its bloody foolish.The more the reason to enjoy our climb up the ladder guys.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:10 am

Yeah fair post...but lets stay positive.
And Dermott tries very hard to make sense you can see that when
he makes statements but often he is in fairy fairy land.
His counterparts often cant understand his mumbo jumbo and make implied fun of him. I guess the media is at a point where ex-players are in the caper just to sell ratings/papers but hold very little crdebility with an ever educated football public.
Another prime example of a guy who talks absolute craperama is on Anthony Shaw.

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 24 February 2001).]

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:13 am

Blight a worse coach than Tony Shaw!!
Boy, that's a big call by Hafey.

Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 5:44 am

Gee suprise suprise, Hawthorn is ranked No.4 Brereton you lose total credibility. Funny he doesn't mention howmany A grade players they have. I can only think of three there. Sure they are going to improve but not that good. I can't stand these so called experts. I would rather listen to someone maybe Caroline Wilson who hasn't played for anyone and can give an unbiased opinion. And Williams an A grade player huh, so which 4 games did he win off his own bat last year Dermie. You are a wanker and a uncredible commentator with your dribble nowadays just trying to justify you existence and hopefully land a job next year. Hopefully Channel 9 will laugh at you due to your defection last year.

Go Pies!!
Fletch 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 8:20 am

Are we thinking of the same Caroline Wilson, Seth?

Also its good to see someone else with the soon to be famous #7.

Go the D9!

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 9:49 am

only ONE "I" in that article.....

ash 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 8:19 pm

I can honestly say that of all the thicksh*ts in the media Dermie was one that I had the greatest respect for. There has to be some sort of reason that he would say something as dumb as that. Trying to get get back onto 9 as posted earlier me thinks. That or he has been on the grass. Most of his statements about tagging players, Paul Williams and something really hazy about possession at the end do not make sense. He also forgot to include Burns, Molloy and maybe even one of the young guys like Presti, Obree, Fraser and N.Davis as A grade players. They would waltz into any team

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:23 am

I have lost a lot of my respect for Dermie - this article just adds to the loss.

You should see the "A-list" for Hawthorn - it includes Hay. HOW????? His predictions for Hawthorn have been out by 4-6 positions quite consistently over the past few years.

As for us, how does Burns not rate as A-list???? And Rocca does instead? (They BOTH should be) Under his Hawthorn criteria, you can add Richardson, Prestigiacomo and Molloy without even taken time to consider who else.

A WARNING FOR ALL OF US: Don't get too upset or affected by any of the predicted ladders for 2001. MOST of them will have us in the bottom 3, probably at 16th, and overrate St Kilda somewhere near the 8.

IGNORE THE WHACKERS - KEEP THE FAITH

Broadie
Seth 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:03 pm

Absolutely Broads and Fletch I am not a fan of Caroline Wilson I was just trying to think of a journo who has not played the game and is therfore fairly unbiased towards any particular team unless I am wrong. I will actually watch 'Talking Footy' with interest to listem to what she says as I do not and refuse to buy the Age I dont really know a lot about her.

Go Pies!!
petro 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 6:18 pm

I think that one of us should keep that save what Dermie said and then send it to him at a later date so he can eat his words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: