Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PORT WANTS DIDAK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Didak for Stevens?
By Jake Niall, Stephen Rielly
October 14, 2003

Quote:
Alan Didak has become the key to the Magpies attaining star midfielder Nick Stevens.

Collingwood's chances of snaring Nick Stevens from Port Adelaide could hinge on its willingness to part with promising forward Alan Didak.

In their first meeting since the opening of the trade period, Port Adelaide yesterday asked the Magpies for Didak and their first pick in exchange for Stevens, a request that Collingwood, while "reluctant" to lose the South Australian, did not reject out of hand.

Collingwood football manager Neil Balme said of the Port approach: "We'd be very reluctant to let Alan Didak go."

Click this link for full story: http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/13/1065917347040.html

My personal opinion: If we trade Didak, I will be very, very, very dissapointed. It will be an absolute disgrace, and I will be very angry if it happens. MM and co., tell Williams to piss off!
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:58 am

From the Age today

"Collingwood may have to offload talented forward Alan Didak to Port Adelaide in order to secure Nick Stevens. The Pies, while not keen to lose Didak, have not ruled out such a move"

Could have been mentioned somewhere else around here... wasn't sure... but I am putting the CFC on notice...

Didak goes my membership will not be renewed... Just adds to frustration about certain signings of late of players that I believe are "unneeded"
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:20 pm

If we trade Didak we are insane. He quote 'loves' living in Melbourne. By the way is it even possible considering we resigned him this year? I've roasted people for saying that we should trade Didak before and have been told it isn't even possible. Everyone email Eddie, Mick and all the coaching staff telling them how stupid they are if they let Didak go. Port are talking tough but I don't know why, they can't talk tough. Stevens wants togo where he wants togo. There is a Melbourne based club at Pick Number 1 in the pre-season so he can just screw them. I'd never thought i'd say this about a collingwood captain but <snip> i hate williams.
A Straight Swap Nick Stevens for Didak IS A RIP OFf, let alone didak plus a pick. Give Didak two years and he'll be an Akermanis style gun
Port have some serious <snip> hide

(offensive text removed - Mods)
DaicsTonguePoke Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:29 pm

I just found the right place to post this, so apologies. Anyway we simply cannot let Didak go. I have liked this guy from the moment he pulled on a Pies jumper, and is a key to us winning Premierships in the next few years. If Port are unhappy with the offer we've given them then stiff! We need players like Dids as he is a genuine match winner in the forward line. Stevens is a great player but our midfield is going ok. It's probably a year too early to be making too many changes to the current side anyway. Let's see if King, Walker, Davidson and co can come along next year.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Post subject: Anna & the ScudReply with quote

Assasin] wrote:
I wouldn't mind swapping the missus for Anna Kournikova Wink

Then you'd have your work cut out keeping Mark Philipousis out of ya bedroom too! Cool

dyso

Daks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:26 pm

look people, ive said it once and ill say it again... dids is not going anywhere, dont listen to this shit that is said, its all complete crap!!, dids g/f just moved down here and he loves the melbourne life, just block your ears when this shit is bought up, nothing will happen.. dids will stay a pie for life.......... trust me

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
pepstar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:49 pm

I Just hope we don't entertain this idea TODAY, and when DIDAK finishes his contract he wants to go back to SA...

like sookie lala davis
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:59 pm

dids wants to play out his career with the pies, he doesnt wanna go back to sa

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:25 pm

we better not give up dids we do ill personally go down to vp and blow it up dids is gonna be a star soon also pick 17 and both scotland and someone else is the way to go just heard on 3aw that didak wont be traded MM said that him and presti wouldnt be traded to port adelaide

Last edited by GreekLunatic on Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
*ORZA* 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:01 pm

Definately don't trade Didak.

I've been talking to a guy from my footy team who is one of Stevens best mates and he says that we've offered 1.8mil essendon have offered 1.9mil and carlton have offered 2.2 mil all for 4 year contracts. He also said that he didn't want to go to carlton but he'd be happy to go to either essendon or Collingwood. But if essendon end up keeping solomen then I don't think they'd have the salary cap room which would put us in a good position to get stevens. I just hope that port panic about him going in the draft and we pick Stevens up cheaply.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:15 pm

Stevens is a very good player whereas Didak has the potential to be a champion. I would not trade him at this point. To even think about it, Port would have to offer Stevens and their first round pick.
PiesRock Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:18 pm

No way
they can't have him @ all

he's a match winner as a goal-sneak and we should never give him up!!!

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:53 pm

lol Didak signed this year. Players can't be traded in the first year of new contracts!
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:57 pm

I thought that too Yobbo^Luka but I looked into it and that rule is in the new players agreement. The new agreement does not come into effect until November 1.
I_love_Clokey Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:26 pm

I have heard soo many things about who Port want in exchange for Stevens that I am sick of it first it was Dids then it was wakes and now it is Presti. Port can go shove Stevens up their A** coz we dont want him if it is going to cost us those players!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: